I'd like to welcome all new players to Vanuside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Saokeh, Jun 27, 2015.

1. FateJH

To be unnecessarily fair for people who post this kind of sensationalism, assuming territorial-inertia, it takes either a significant population advantage or significant tactical advantage to maintain those levels of territory control on three separate continents.
  2. customer548

I play this game since its release. I never gave any attention to the question : "Does my faction win moar alerts than other factions ?".

What about just playing the game ?
    What about moving to another server if you feel like populations are not balanced on your server ?
  3. CorporationUSA

I was on Emerald earlier and NC had the highest pop. Maybe that is a rare occasion, but having the highest pop on a Sunday afternoon might be kind of significant. I'll also add that TR one an alert on Amerish as well during that time.
  4. Tanelorn

Is there a way to restrict it to time of day? Because I think there's a sweet spot in the Emerald east coast evening that most of the TR mature players log in and fight with their outfits. Then two hours later they are gone the VS pop goes through the roof. Every. damn. night.

It SUCKS to be a TR player on Emerald and not be on the east coast. When it's evening in the west coast, the VS steamrolls everyone on Emerald. And it's not outfit quality. I've 4th factioned from time to time at Emerald night hours, and the VS public platoons are full and have crap communications and leadership. But they have numbers... so many zergin' numbers...
  5. Ryo313

thats exactly the wrong way... think about it ... if an empire is overpoped on a server and the other 2 move to anothe server the gab is growing even bigger. thus more ppl are moving and it repeats itself untill only the overpoped empire is left xP

just playing the game... well... if ( lets assume VS) is most of the time overpoped then its no fun to just play the game because every singe time you'll get rekt by them = creates even more frustration.

i'm playing on Cobalt and i'm TR and tbh.. i hate to fight against VS because it feels unbalanced to fight them. idk it could just be me but i prefer to fight NC because it feels way more balanced to fight them....
  6. Chewy102

Anyone care to see just how Emerald VS do in alerts?

http://ps2.fisu.pw/alert/

Just click on emerald in the past alert section and it shows the past 50 alerts for any given server. As of 11:36 6/28 there are 1 draw, 8 NC wins, 11 TR wins, and 30 VS wins with a 15 win streak that lasted for 2 days. According to that site the only server to not have VS dominance is Briggs where TR is in the lead with 23 out of 50 alerts.

Yeah, the game has problems. But these things tend to happen when the devs ignore balance feedback for years even with proof in their faces.
  7. Ryo313

did that with Cobalt and i'm (not really) surprised

[IMG]

VS op ?
    also this:

TimeContinentOwned ByStatus
    2015-06-29 03:25 Esamir New Conglomerate ContinentUnlock
    2015-06-29 03:25 Amerish Vanu Sovereignty ContinentLock
    2015-06-28 23:38 Hossin Vanu Sovereignty ContinentLock
    2015-06-28 21:10 Hossin Vanu Sovereignty ContinentUnlock
    2015-06-28 21:10 Esamir New Conglomerate ContinentLock
    2015-06-28 17:53 Amerish Vanu Sovereignty ContinentUnlock
    2015-06-28 17:53 Hossin Vanu Sovereignty ContinentLock
    2015-06-28 16:36 Indar Terran Republic ContinentUnlock
    2015-06-28 11:19 Esamir Vanu Sovereignty ContinentUnlock
    2015-06-28 11:19 Amerish Vanu Sovereignty ContinentLock
    2015-06-28 06:47 Hossin Vanu Sovereignty ContinentUnlock
    2015-06-28 06:47 Indar Terran Republic ContinentLock
    2015-06-28 03:35 Amerish Vanu Sovereignty ContinentUnlock
    2015-06-28 03:35 Esamir Vanu Sovereignty ContinentLock
    2015-06-28 00:52 Esamir New Conglomerate ContinentUnlock
    2015-06-28 00:52 Hossin Vanu Sovereignty ContinentLock
    2015-06-27 21:30 Hossin New Conglomerate ContinentUnlock
    2015-06-27 21:30 Amerish Vanu Sovereignty ContinentLock
    2015-06-27 18:18 Indar New Conglomerate ContinentUnlock
    2015-06-27 18:18 Esamir New Conglomerate ContinentLock
    2015-06-27 13:56 Esamir New Conglomerate ContinentUnlock
    2015-06-27 13:56 Hossin New Conglomerate ContinentLock
    2015-06-27 10:24 Amerish Vanu Sovereignty ContinentUnlock
    2015-06-27 10:24 Indar New Conglomerate ContinentLock
    2015-06-27 07:12 Hossin Vanu Sovereignty ContinentUnlock
    2015-06-27 07:12 Esamir New Conglomerate ContinentLock
    2015-06-27 03:35 Indar New Conglomerate ContinentUnlock
    2015-06-27 03:35 Amerish Vanu Sovereignty ContinentLock
    2015-06-26 23:58 Hossin Vanu Sovereignty ContinentLock
    2015-06-26 19:15 Esamir Vanu Sovereignty ContinentUnlock

@.@ TR 2 | NC 11 | VS 17 i guess that speaks for itself
    • Up x 1
  8. customer548

I play as a NC and a VS on Cobalt. I exclusively play in a solo way. I'm an average player.

That's my own opinion but NC are a pain to play with on Cobalt. For most of them. Most of them will not move outside their spawn room. They'll ALWAYS wait until the very last 45 seconds to get out and to start to def. Most of time they'll loose the base.
    What will they do 2 minutes later ? Nothing. Will they start to build a strong def , placing mines, or whatever ? They'll don't. Never. They'll just afk in their spawn, waiting for the very last 45 seconds in order to start to do anything. And they'll loose another base. A pain.

VS seem to be just way more reactive. They just rush to A, when attacking or defending. They always fight. If they loose a base, most of them will try to build a def in the next base. Because they know opponents will come soon. They'll just try to do anything.

TRs. I nerver played any Tr character. My opinion may be wrong. But for most them, they'll rush all day long. They are easy to trap, easy to farm. Because they try again and again to do the same thing. And keep on failing. During those past 3 years, i saw way more obvious hackers on their side than on VS or Nc sides. And so much whine...omg, they are whining all day long.
  9. Ryo313

tbh TR is also camping inside of spawn rooms instead of getting out and fight sometimes....
    about the hacks... well... compare all the weapons nd stuff... TR is underpowered most of the time so they start to hack to compensate for that i guess. and its true... rushing all day long and dying in the same spot 3 times a row is quite common ( i do that as well just to throw a granade further into a room or to "scout" whats going on)
    and tbh i only see that when TR is up against VS.
    my opinion: vs is overpowered in some way at least thats what it feels like when faceing them unlike when i'm up against NC which feels more balanced
    ( VS has less bullet drop / better accuracy splash dmg on both Infantry and MAX an instagib RL and overall the "better" toys... its a real pain to fight them)
  10. IronMouse

VS is underpopulated on Cobalt, if anything. NC dominates.
  11. Jubikus

Of course you saw more whiners and hackers on the enemy side everyone does as a tr player most the hackers ive seen are VS fallowed by NC you just dont notice it when its your faction.
  12. Jubikus

My best guess as to why VS seem OP and NC not when fighting and why if you look at stats most people dont even like to fight VS i think might have to do with their faction trait in general.
    The thing is TR dakka trait and the NC damage trait have 1 thing in common they lose effectiveness with range do to control ability and COF so both sides tend to have a similar sweet spot to engage however the VS have less hard hitting weapon with better control ability and no drop so they will engadge you from a better distance instead of trying to get closer this gives them (imo) a slight advantage.
    Most bases in the game do force people into CQC now ive noticed that with TR and NC when they are doing well when they cap a point they sit inside the building to force the enemy into close range however from what i can tell VS try to cap a point and keep people at distance being outside the point with a few people to guard preventing people from getting to the point like camping the spawn room.

PS this is just a theory and could be completely wrong i dont have GM powers to Observe battles from a critical standpoint for i have to be in the fray and the battles i end up in could just have it skewed this way do to random chance.
  13. customer548

/Yell chan is used and readable by all factions. People highlight the fact that they met a hacker on /yell (added to the ones that i obviously met). Whiners use the /yell too. All factions can read it. I'm playing Nc and Vs.
  14. Jubikus

I know this and what im trying to say is when it comes to the whiners it usually happens when one side is losing they will cry about it and when your the losing side it doesnt register in your head as much because well either you one of them and have given up on the battle or too focused on trying to come back and not paying attention to the whiners on your side. Granted this could just be me
  15. Udnknome

You missed the Vanu rage after the Zoe nerf. They were underpop for a bit after that nerf and the response was that Vanu had to be OP in order to convince people to play purple. I quit for about 8 months and am recently coming back to a vanu overpop again... did something get buffed (like the return of no bullet drop) or did everyone else just get nerfed?
  16. Bankrotas

Funny, I joined TR on Cobalt yesterday and red was overpoped.
  17. pnkdth

Who knew? It is almost like different servers with different players and different outfits produce different results? :eek:
  18. Saokeh

I realize it's not world pop when I posted. Its the dominance of having pop to controlling all continents. Not hard to see the alert results per Emerald anyways. And VS is not just more organized. Such an overused excuse. They have 2 possibly 3 large outfits that contend Alerts and pull weight. That's like saying there are zero outfits on TR or NC that can counter. Zergs > Defenses, Planetside 101. On an 8pm Friday alert, VS had 45% continent pop while holding off both TR and NC hitting them. That's not overpop to you? I never liked calling a truce with other factions to Face stomp the overpop. Had to do it to TR when they held the numbers. Why would it be fun to now?
  19. Klabauter8

I can't really remember anymore... but it isn't Vanu something like the default fraction in this game? I think when I started playing this game, VS was the first fraction which I was looking at by default when chosing fractions, so I just said, ok and just took it, because I didn't knew any difference anyway. That's pretty dumb design imo, because I think most people would do the same.
  20. Mefi

If one faction has 45% during a prime time alert, it only means that other factions don't want to participate. You can't exceed allowed amount of people per faction on a continent.

The alert itself isn't worth efforts to fight in lopsided fights, and there is a snowball effect: more people want to avoid an alert, and then even more people see how badly imbalanced the fights, and they leave too.

Maybe when we get multi-continent alerts, we might see some improvements. DBG promised to add them in the future.