[BUG] Scythe's Can Still Ram You Full Speed and Survive

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trebb, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Trebb

I know this has been an issue since launch, but seeing how Vanu routinely have 50% off air, a lot of people just straight up ram you. I don't mind stalemates that way, but something about their flight physics makes them survive while decimating the other ESFs. Not sure if it's the shape or what. But something is clearly buggy.
  2. HadesR

Ramming dmg should be reflected ... So if they hit you for 4000 dmg ( example ) , they receive the same ..

And should work for all vehicles .. Even flashes hitting MAX'S
  3. Emeere

Wait what? All vehicles?

So if I run a flash over in my Manguard, my tank should violently explode?

How about.. no?
    • Up x 1
  4. Kirppu1

"I cannot shoot, Pl0x nerf"
  5. HadesR

No ... Your Manguard should take dmg equal to w/e health the flash had when you rammed it.

Ofc Resistances would have to also come into play for Light armour verses heavy Armour ... But like for like the Dmg should be reflected 1 for 1
  6. Maljas23

I'm actually okay with this bug being a "Feature/Trait" for the VS ESF. I think it adds a little necessary flavoring to the game.
  7. Hatesphere

As far as I know this is also possible with the reaver (but harder to pull off) I've been ramed by one before and not even seen smoke
  8. Cyrek

Agree its very annoying, also the striker rockets have problems hitting the scythes very often, its frame is either too small or I don't know what it is, they lock into it but don't hit the ESF; I already know about the stealth lock, this is a different matter, the rockets find their intended target, steer into the scythe but miss it. Very annoying, why did I even buy this RL?
  9. sustainedfire

This is another reason why VS over pop is so detrimental to the game.

It's of no consequence to the vs to just ram you when you are playing superior to them and they are about to die. Ah well, I've been bested, I'll just ram them and get a kill anyways.

Or trying to thin the scythe swarm with a Striker- and the rockets refuse to connect. And that is towards esf runnig fire suppresssion- not flares which you would expect as a proper counter. Having minor guided missles, the only thing the TR ES Launcher Striker has going for it, negated by some sort of issue.

I thought it was exploiters, hackers, or players from other areas of the world (aka bad connection).
  10. Hatesphere

Most of the time is just the stealth messing up an nullifing the only good thing the striker has going for it. I've only had the ghost rockets like once or twice. Definaltly though if its easy to ram and surive it needs to be fixed. Ramming is still a valid tactic as far as I am concerned though, its just the random surviving that needs to go.
  11. Ulas

I can shoot and scythe ramming is a problem. you can ram a Lib and survive if u do it right.
  12. Geddes

you get rammed on a regular basis to the point of needing to make a thread about it, you are a D list pilot. No balance issue here, move along.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kirppu1

"i cannot strafe AND shoot at the same time, pls nerf"
  14. Obstruction

i'm pretty sure it's the "landing gear." in order to make that hover effect work without legs there has to be something invisible there that has both collisions and the property/functionality of shielding the scythe from collision damage.

whatever this is that they use, is the prime suspect. i get it that the scythe is designed to be hovery or whatever, but you'd think with this being an issue they'd just put landing gear on it for the sake of gameplay and be done with it.

i will credit them slightly, that they toned it down quite a bit from that time when scythes were ramming sundies and MBTs to death and flying off afterwards. but it is still a problem, especially with often-reduced air units and how easy/attractive suicide tactics are for non-pilots.
  15. Ulas

Come to a duel if u dare :) IT'S a problem that scythe is more resistant to ramming due to its lack of landing gear. Surplus because of clientside you die anyways because on your screen enemy looKS like he is away from you
  16. The_Blazing

As a matter of fact it can, theoretically, be done with any aircraft since (if I'm remembering this right) ram damage to yourself is calculated from the cockpit outward, where an impact on the cockpit is maximum damage, and the further away from it the impact is, the less damage you will take. Because the Scythe has front-facing horns/wings, the cockpit is not hit directly in a ramming maneuver and thus the fighter does not take lethal damage.

I'm afraid there's no real "fix" for this besides completely changing the way that impact damage is calculated, which could break a lot of things.
  17. Trebb

Striker missing scythes is not specific to VS. If the person runs VEHICLE STEALTH (most people do), Strikers and Coyotes absolutely do not lock on, even like 1m away.

And LOL at the VS scrubs protecting their 'feature'. Working as intended!