All the dumb **** wrong with PS2.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kytori, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Kytori

So there's the fact that there's a safe zone with one exit meaning a squad can camp there. Have fun with that. Nope. Even if I can spawn other places, this STILL shouldn't be a ******* issue. Capture points have 4 exits AT LEAST but spawn points have 1? Makes perfect sense!

Melee doesn't do **** for damage. Most ganks will fail because you can't tell if you hit the person or not but they will either hear the noise or see you and their rifle or sidearm will take you out before you even have a chance for a second swing.

Precision rifles are a joke. A bolt action rifle should have a purpose. That purpose shouldn't be STILL not one shotting an enemy in the head AAAAND having to chamber the next round. How ******** is that? "Hey lemme change from a semi auto rifle where I'm gonna have to shoot two or three times but I won't lose track of my target while I do so to a bolt action rifle where the round fires a little faster (Doesn't make sense by the way) but STILL won't do anything, has less rounds and is overall a waste of money.

Jump is a completely worthless button. You might as well change that ****. I can MAYBE get over a knee high wall or object but anything else is just a big fat nope. Makes trying to get into a good location for a sniper damn near impossible.

Cloak needs to deactivate when you attack. Too many times I've tried to undo my cloak to either melee or snipe only to wonder why the **** nothing is happening. It makes sniping especially hard because you then need to uncloak without zooming back out and that's more hassle than this game is worth.

Currency acquisition. I still have no idea how this works but this might be because I'm not a front line kinda guy getting chain kills. I swear I've gotten kills and only gotten 3 bucks for em... Makes no sense on why that's the case but low and behold some point later I got over 100 for a pair of kills back to back?

That all said, I don't care if it gets changed. I'm done with this game. Not worth the effort.
    • Up x 1
  2. CorporationUSA

Everything you've said is wrong, but you'd have to play the game longer to see it. I'm not much of a salesman, so take it or leave it.
    • Up x 7
  3. n0pax

This post is littered with wrong opinions and misinformation. Good riddance CS:GO or Battlefield Hardline seem more like your style so go play them or the eternal early access survival games you seem to enjoy so much. We don't want you here.
    • Up x 4
  4. Imp C Bravo

Melee is a 1 or 2 hit kill depending on which melee weapon you use.

All the precision weapons kill in one or 2 headshots.

This is not Halo. Jump is not a mid combat tool. It is a mobility tool. Same in real life. The military doesn't teach soldiers to bunny hop in a real fight.

Invisible snipers? Seriously? I am an infiltrator and I'll be the first to say ****. Also, by your post I assume you have to tap two buttons simultaneously to do your skill? That's your fault for not hitting them at the same time. Grow up.

Certs are given by experience I believe (but I could be wrong.) hence a high exp kill is more likely to give you more certs than low exp.
    • Up x 3
  5. Pointyguide2

all three of you above get a thumbs up.
    • Up x 1
  6. stalkish

1. Safe zones (called spawn rooms around here) have shields on the prevent access to enemies. When you take the base this room becomes owned by your allied team. If a squad is 'camping' in here then they have at most 4 mins before the game auto kills them, unless they leave. If theres an SCU, just repair it and they be forced out. Dont try to look at the spawn room, its a 1 way shield you will get shot out of it, DON'T FEED THEM KILLS.

2. You get a hit marker if you hit someone with your knife, its the same hit marker you get when a bullet hits....

3. Bolt action sniper rifles kill in 1 head shot within their 1 shot range, find out what range you need to engage in. You can also cert the straight pull bolt which enables you to re-chamber a round WITHOUT leaving ADS.

4. Jump allows you to jump over rails on stairs, climb equipment terminals, get on to of the capture points as a stalker cloak, jump from building to bulding inside a tight base, tree hop, climb onto your tank (you can then use your turret as a ladder). It does not allow you to dodge bullets neo style.

5. Cloak deactivating on attack would completely ruin the balance feature of having to de-cloak to attack. It is intended to make it slightly harder then just landing a headshot with a high powered high magnification scope. Which in all honesty isnt that hard at all.

6. Not sure what 'bucks' are to you, Planetside 2 uses certs to unlock weapons, experience (xp) gets you those certs. I believe you get 1 cert for every 250 xp (not 100% sure, some1 round here will know) so 4 certs for a large base capture. If you think its low now you should have played during PC release when we got hardly any xp. Theres no way you made 100 certs with 2 kills, thats impossible, you must be mistaken, like the rest of your post.

It is totaly worth the effort IMO.

PS: If your on noob island then leave it, main game is much better.
    • Up x 1
  7. TheKhopesh

4 hit against HA's if when they pop their shields (which is BS).
  8. Iridar51

Characters below BR15 receive 100 certs for each level up. It only takes one kill to go from BR1 to BR2, I think.
  9. n0pax

I'm sorry but I could not make it beyond this part without laughing. Not on Miller where there is a hacker shooting you inside your alleged safe zone everyday, 15 out of the 24 hours in each day. ;)
  10. SapioiT

Report it, maybe? I've seen quite a bit of bans lately... Also, I think the infiltrators should have another option (in the nanoweave armou category) to increase their jump distance a tiny bit. Maybe 30 © (certs) for L1 110%, 50© for L2 120% and the L3 for 130% for 100©, making a total of 180© for jumping 130% the normal jump distance.
  11. Dgross

Knee-jerk instant gratification manual-tossing console playing prepubescent.
    CS is more your style. Won't miss you.
    • Up x 1
  12. SanPelicano

OMG. Another poor guy with JSS (John Snow Syndrome) .
    Symptom : Knowing nothing...

Watch and learn...
  13. FieldMarshall

I feel like you blame the game for a lot of things that are non-existant.
    You are inexperienced and dont know any better yet.
    It seems like you expect to know everything there is to know with just a few hours of playtime.

If you want to quit, sure go ahead but non of your complaints are the game's fault.
  14. Jamuro

Oh boy ...

First of all ... yes he is quite wrong with many of his complaints ... BUT this does not make them invalid.
    Op pretty much describes his first impressions of the game.
    Every missconception he falls prey to, is in this case not directly/or at least not only his fault but points out weaknesses in the game, when it comes to teaching new players.

Let's be honest regardless of all the fun this game offers/offered/might offer in the future (again?), we all have been lost at first.
    • Up x 1
  15. Czarinov

Can agree with that... but wtf is this sh*t?

Do I sense some pride / hostility towards other games? Why... CS:GO is a much harder game than PS2 and BF Hardline is just different... OP would have the "same" problems with those games as he has with PS2. Not because of the features, because he is a whiny you know what.

Lost or not, not everyone is a stupid hoe like OP.
  16. IamDH

lolwhat? Which melee weapons OHKs?
  17. Czarinov

Special knives, if you turn them on.
  18. IamDH

Which knives? The ones from the directive?
  19. stalkish

Glad i could amuse you.

But seriously lets get this straight, i was referring to actual, legitmate gameplay, i dont glorify hackers i dont give them the time of day tbh.

I aslo play Miller, not been shot out the spawn room since BETA, guess i dont spawn camp enough..
  20. Czarinov

No. You can buy them with certs...