(Feedback) Ammo pack throw, ESF controls, NC brains bugged

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dowlphin, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Dowlphin

Ammo deploy hotkey switches back to last weapon now. Finally. Sadly, now even if you pull out the ammo pack and throw it that way, you start a 6-seconds timer until you can throw the next. I often need to do that a lot faster. Either because I misplaced one or because I want to cover a wider spot.

The ESF controls are now great! Please leave them that way! While the precision aiming is still a tiny bit nervous, it's almost not noticeable. But now precision aiming is actually possible and not just wasted mouse movement. I didn't expect that to ever become good. (Hopefully it doesn't get screwed up again.)

This is a relatively positive experience (i.e. not all negative, hah).
    Now I wish there was a way you could patch NC to have brains. The day went quite well, but as soon as the all-too-familiar old frustration set in, I called it a day. I was out in a Skyguard, quite on friendly territory, but then a Sunderer chased me and I had no chance. I tried to flee to somewhere (Esamir, gah) and saw a friendly Lightning, but for some reason it was abandoned. It's demotivating when feeling all alone and helpless within friendly territory because nobody seems to bother about that hostile potential spawn point having a great time on their turf. Same with cutting down enemy tanks spawning from an attacked base, really. I'm not a good tanker myself, that's why it frustrates me when I see people just allowing Magriders to blow up our Sunderers instead of getting some Lightnings from the very near friendly base, or just repair the Sunderers, or, you know, just do ANYTHING against that hunk of moving deathdealing.

Oh and that one time, I was sitting in a Sunderer spawn point, at the gun, was about to get back to my scout radar Flash I was killed on a minute earlier, and the other gunner just destroyed it. Pumped a full salvo into that clearly NC Flash.
    A handful of such experiences and it doesn't matter how good of a job the devs are doing; I gotta stop.
  2. Czarinov

Where were you been? :D Good ESF controls have been here for awhile...
  3. Dowlphin

I checked only a few days ago I think and there it was still the move-mouse-slowly-and-nothing-happens.

Oh and since I don't run it from SSD anymore, first launch takes AGES. I really wish the game didn't preselect and preload a continent on login.
  4. Czarinov

Flying has been fine for more than a month :p... What you've experienced is built in mouse accel. If you move your mouse slowly, your crosshair will move minimally.
  5. Dowlphin

Hm, either there was some sort of glitch (I didn't change any settings) or it actually was a month ago that I last checked. Back then it was already one of many checks to see whether it had been fixed yet.
  6. FieldMarshall

Speaking of ammopacks.

Would it be cool if engineers had an ammopack variant that instead of throwing it, just replenished everyone's ammo in a radius around the engineer passively?

The downside would be that you cant place 2 at a time, and have to stay close to people to get ammo xp.
    The upside would be that you didnt have to think about it, and would gain ammo yourself passively.
  7. Dowlphin

Bad style, too simplistic and passive. Clear no from me.
  8. Alan Kalane

TL;DR
    Some usual NC bias covered by pointing out a few obviously positive yet minor changes