Platoon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elkikko92, Jun 23, 2015.

1. elkikko92

Platoon and sqads in same territory make a view of tab of all sqads and Platoon in the same territory.
  2. elkikko92

Make also a super leader of these sqads for orders
  3. JohnGalt36

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. elkikko92

If you are in a territory, a view table with all sqads and Platoon in the same territory! Ok?
    • Up x 1
  5. JohnGalt36

I see now. I agree.
  6. elkikko92

ok, lets see what think SOE.

The idea is to give more coordination to squads and platoon in the same territories.
    Also make TERRITORY PLATOON LEADER, and TERRITORY SQUAD LEADERS. More comunications ...
  7. DQCraze

No no and no...good platoon leaders are a rare breed. Half the people have no clue about map control. So ya we really dont need more incompetent people leading.
  8. 4wry

I don't think this is worth looking into.

We already have chats for /orders and /leaders, /region, /yell, etc. plus a voice command channel, proximity chat and smoke.
    Friendly squads can bunch together to form a platoon if they want to. This is more than enough!

Secondly ask yourself who would be that 'super-leader' and why should other squads even listen to the instructions of some random guy without legitimacy or competence. How often do you mentally facepalm on the content of order chat?

In my eyes, the implemented tools are sufficient: use chat to ask for other squad leaders and send tell messages, use /region (locally) or /orders (empire) or coordinate via command channel. If you point out valid points or objectives, other squads are likely to focus on them - not because they were assigned to do so by some random overlord, but because it will make sense to do so. Alternatively, let other squads know that your squad has one particular objective covered, so that other squads can focus on remaining objectives independently.
    Apart from that there will already be a platoon leader or two that have assigned targets for their squads as they move into a territory.
    • Up x 1