My name is reserved?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Badheal1, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Badheal1

I couldn't wait to play the final release today on the PS4 after playing the whole beta. In trying to create my character and I'm getting a message that states

"You have chosen a name that has been reserved. Please choose a non-profane name with no spaces or special characters."

My name is JFK

please help me out
  2. Ninave

They have a list of prohibited names and words they'll not accept as parts of the name. It's a US company, so no wonder you can't use the-president-that-got-shot in a shooting game. It could also just be too short.
  3. Badheal1

lol you need to read gooder troll. in the first sentence I outline how I've been JFK the entire beta.

Its reserved not prohibited
  4. Kirppu1

Have some decency in your nickname
  5. Badheal1

ok this one is for all the trolls that think JFK is offensive. JFK was a great president and the president that launched the space race which is why I play for the VS and use the name JFK.
  6. C1ue1ess

The name could have been reported during the beta by trolls and is now prohibited? Players can report potentially offensive names, not a new thing.

I didn't bother to read the EULA of this game, but most games don't allow you to choose a name based on historical, political or religious figures. I suppose they got around to including initials. That's my guess.
  7. Fkn Steve

No same thing is happening on my name someone had it deleted it but still won't let me use