ETA on completion of resource system??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ColdSuit, Jun 23, 2015.

1. ColdSuit

Seriously, where is the changes for resources? The issue has been driving me up a wall for months now. A good chunk of issues(spam, redeployside, etcetera) stems from this issue. Bases need to have meaning other than a place to fight over. The devs have spent a ton of time creating a weapon to combat MAXes (add that to all the other junk that's supposed to be used against them), a bunch of lackluster changes, and working on a console version that, despite claims that it won't take priority over the PC version, is actively destroying the PC version that we spent years on.

MAKE THIS A PRIORITY DBG, we've been with this game since the beginning. I want to keep playing, but we need change.
    • Up x 7
  2. Devrailis

PLZ DBG, Plz.

Listen to this man.

plz
  3. Iridar51

Just simply reducing the nanite gain by 25-50% would work as a bandaid fix in the meantime.
    • Up x 1
  4. Jawarisin

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  5. TerminalT6

They started a transplant surgery on the game and took an indefinite break halfway through. Needless to say, it's kind of killing the game. Please finish the system, DBG.
  6. RykerStruvian

If I remember correctly, the magic month is September. However, Smedley didn't specify the year.
  7. LeFitz

Yeah supposed to be September. Not seeing anything in the wish list, no details on progress/status and nothing being patched in that direction makes me dead worried.
  8. OldMaster80

Yeah I'm neither confident we will see anything that soon. And this is freaking bad: the resources system must jump on top of devs priority asap because this game needs more depth, some kind of metagame, more strategy.

Today resources mean nothing, nanites regenerate so fast no one cares to use them wisely.

This would already make a difference.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hammerlock

the year is 2666 ;)
    • Up x 2
  10. Armcross

You so so cruel.

Please finish the unfinish.
  11. FLHuk

Having not seen or even looked at the P(ghay)station version is the half finished P(master race)C resource system on the console version just released??????

I kinda assumed not but.....
  12. Tarrick

They might as well just remake the game as a standard FPS with each base as a separate map with the map for the next round determined by the lattice links. That would get get them to their PlanetSide: Battlefield goal more effectively and with much better performance. Unlike PlanetSide, there is no interaction with the world, no logistics, and overly simplified mechanics across the board, just a fight that moves from one base to the next with the only difference from a standard FPS being that you have to run between maps yourself.
  13. RedArmy

i like the current resource system
  14. Goretzu

That really depends on the level of current nanite gain, which is variably to the player.
  15. Jowls

Right, lets slow down the game play even more. Lets limit folks from pulling equipment they wish to use.
    I mean, we've already lost ~50% of they players and servers in the first 24 months , lets try for 50% of the remaining 50%
    and see if we can make them stop playing also. Gonna have some big fights then, Umm good times.o_O

This type thinking, along with the folks who wish to have a more RPG/RTS type of game, have , well lets just say the fat lady is about to sing. Nothing left after that but to turn out the lights and close and lock the door.:oops:
    • Up x 1
  16. Iridar51

You mean the membership and boosts? It was never fair in that regard. Just donwnscale all of them proportionally.
  17. Goretzu

That very quickly moves those at the lower end between sustainable and unsustainable, however, and the problem already is not at that end.
  18. Dgross

The game is already losing people.
    A resource revamp is badly needed, because right now we have Battlefieldside 2 and players leaving realize this.
  19. Iridar51

Somehow I doubt that MAX spam is the fault of membership and nanite boosts.

The "problem" is not at a certain end. The problem is in chainpulling. As long as you live in a power multpilier long enough, even if it is destroyed, you can immediately pull another one, because nanites you have spent have already regenerated.

Chainpulling is countered by stuff reserving nanites when you use it. I.e. when you pull an MBT, 450 nanites are reserved, and you can have left 300 nanites maximum, until your MBT is destroyed.
  20. Goretzu

You definately cannot chainpull MAXs at the lower end you'd have a several min wait between pulls.

That difference is probably even more apparent with something like Grenade/Mine/C4 spam.

Of course if the lattice was fully working it would change all of this, chainpulling could even lose you a base potentially.