Is anyone able to run this game in a 64 bit wine prefix on linux...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by fincher, Jun 20, 2015.

1. fincher

I have been able to run it in a 32 bit prefix with wine 1.7.45 on ubuntu 14.04 and it ran well.
    Now, of course, I can't run it with the removal of the 32 bit client.
    I have tried numerous versions of wine going back to 1.5.24 and can't get anything other than crashing with page faults with a 64 bit prefix.

If anyone has it running under wine now with a 64 bit prefix could you give some details about the wine version and what you did to install it?
  2. user101

PS2 is a windows only program now. Only the early PS2 Beta would run on wine.
  3. fincher

I was playing a week or so ago before the last update and it ran very well, but it won't run in a 32 bit prefix any more because they removed the 32 bit client. Problem is I can't get it to run in a 64 bit prefix now.
  4. user101

The DEV's made it so it will not run linux in 64 bit so i have been told by them... you are wasting your time trying. It was not suppose to run 32 bits on linux and at one time is would not.. !

It's hard to hack a game when it will not run on the operating system... and if you do it with windows they will ban your accounts using windows hack editors. Guess the DEV won this one. !!!! HAHA
  5. fincher

Thanks for the feedback(and for assuming I'm up to something nefarious) but I wasn't hacking anything. I've only played about 3 weeks but I liked the game and think it could have been the next game I devoted a lot of time to. I'm very disappointed that I won't be able to play.
  6. user300115

He does that all the time. Just ignore his "advice".
  7. user101

So your supporting Hackers... is that what you are saying..

You know well enough that anyone using a linux system is ..
    1. Hacker
    2. Super Programmer that does workstation stuff for toys.
    3. Government programmer.
    4. would be hacker (learning hacker)
    5. paranoid person that fears the government reading there docs.
    6. some person that has all the hacking tools.... that anyone could want.

There is no reason in the world for someone to run PS2 on Linux ( NONE - Not one reason what so ever ) anyone using linux can afford a dual boot drive. As I said no reason.

Even the guys answer was wrong... but your to young to understand that.
  8. fincher

My God what have I wandered into.
  9. Pointyguide2

It's OK Fincher a lot of these people on these forums are quite closed minded. I once made planetside 2 run in wine long ago. For some reason it only ran on Intel graphics anything else and it wouldn't work. Now it was a stuttering mess when it got staryed . Got 20 fps. And the biggest issue I could never solve no matter what I tried was the game freezing as soon as I moved the mouse or touched the keyboard. So I never got farther than the warpgate
  10. m44v

Never bothered to try PS2 in wine, I just assumed it will not work, quite surprised so see that it did. For the 64bit crashes there's a bug report with a patch https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=38775
    so you might have to wait or compile wine yourself.

Personally I just booted to Windows whenever I felt like playing planetside, but now with Linux having a lot more games available I haven't bothered in ages.
  11. chevyowner

OP sorry, but I have no advice for wine. I have not bothered installing Linux since I had my work stolen, and stopped building Android for my old phone.

Wrong. IN many cases the owner of the PC does not want to buy Windows (why does not matter) or pirate it, and for the majority of game they play WINE or similar will run them just fine. You asked someone if they are supporting hackers, well are you supporting piracy?

You don't need two or more HDDs to dual boot Linux and Windows. However you do need a copy of Windows.
  12. Napsterbater

user101 is just a troll. Dont feed him.
    • Up x 3
  13. Xuare

Linux doesn't allow access to kernel mode memory even from root. You would need to be running the debug module to access the graphics card or kernel memory, which is a huge performance hog by itself (as it does this for the whole OS and _all_ drivers)

Given the above is, your blaming Linux for Windows failings as an OS.