Lets see those LMG nerfs already!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UnpopularOp1n1on, Jun 18, 2015.

1. UnpopularOp1n1on

Ok, so if you don't Play VS you want the .75 ads gone! If you do play VS once it's gone you'll get used to it. Just like every other "nerf" to every other weapon before it. Don't believe me ask any TR player!

Lets limit the ads movement rates to .5 across the board. (NS weapons if we need it at all can keep it, strictly NS weapons though, as they are available to all factions)

Trying to compare this stat to any others is so ridiculous! Who cares what X weapons RoF, CoF, DPS, or bullet drop is when the person you are shooting at is just going to dodge all your shots anyway.

The RoF, DPS and Range are all 0 on something you can't hit.

It is BROKEN and we need it gone or given to all factions across the board.

You cannot compare any stats of a weapon to character movement they are truly apples and oranges.

REMOVE .75 ads movement from EVERY weapon except NS weapons available to all factions!!
  2. Dgross

I've heard that VS heavies hate going up against TR heavies, WITH the .75 ADS.
  3. Hatesphere

After the need the Orion is going to be an MSWR with no drop and worse attachments. I will simply laugh at anyone who still thinks it is remotely unbalanced.
  4. FateJH

This is much the complete reverse of people asking for class to determine movement speed.

In any case, if I recall, that's: two TR Assault Rifles, two NC Carbines, all shotguns, all pistols, and all SMGs. Did I miss anything? get any of that wrong?
    • Up x 1
  5. InoxGecko

Nah, we just need to remove 0.75 on high DPS LMG's and that's it. Honestly, I would be fine with the SVA keeping it since it trades off some of that there DPS for the 0.75 movement speed. Orion and Betel however, they don't need it.

And I laugh at the VS who say that the Orion will be a MSW copy...implying the MSW is a crap weapon.
    • Up x 2
  6. Garrum

It will be worse than the MSW-R. And that's the problem. VS will have the universally worst infantry weapons of the 3 empires. Every single 'best' VS weapon will be inferior to one or more weapons on the TR/NC. The VS wont actually have any strong points.
    • Up x 1
  7. InoxGecko

That's just not true man, and you know it.
    VX7-6 and the Serpent are amongst the best carbines in the game, then you have the H-V45 and the Terminus which are also amazing.

As far as LMG's go, maybe if you stopped using your blatantly OP **** in the form of the Orion, you would maybe realize that the VS have comparable and in some cases identical wepons to the TR/NC. Take the Polaris, it's a copy of the EM1 and and T16 which are both good weapons. The Flare is a TMG-50 copy with an option for both SPA and HVA. The SVA will still be a headshot machine. The orion will get a tighter hipfire CoF which is already good.

Stop with this VS is underpowered meme.
    • Up x 1
  8. Hatesphere

its not about the MSWr being bad, its about people who couldent kill Orion users. at the end of the day i see a lot of people still complaining about the orion after the nerf without any really reason to, just becasue the guy using it is wearing purple.
  9. prodo123

Let me point out that Orion and Betelgeuse have 0.9 horizontal tolerance, the highest in all LMGs. MSW-R has 0.5. It's safe to say that Orion is a slightly less accurate version of the MSW-R now.

:eek:
  10. InoxGecko

LMG nerfs haven't even gone out yet. Orion is still the same weapon it's been for 2 years now.

You heard me. It was one of the fastest auraxiums on my NC alt. The thing is just beastly for taking out heads at medium range. Sure it falls short in CQC (not always) but that just means i'm not going to be rushing rooms full of enemies like an idiot.
  11. Hatesphere

no they haven't gone out yet. but i will still await the /tells and random hate against the orion. even when its nerfed into an average nothing special weapon.
  12. InoxGecko

Heh, unwillingly admitted that Orion is OP. Finally going to be balanced after the nerf.
    • Up x 1
  13. Hatesphere

nope. thats your words not mine. but claim whatever victory you want. if you had problems with orion users you were likely just bad. now it will be even more funny when people still get owned and complain.
  14. Mythologicus

The Serpent is a GD-7F with a slightly worse recoil pattern. The HV-45 is just a Carnage AR. The SVA-88 is being downgraded to a less versatile CARV-S.

Garrum is completely correct. VS 'best' weapons ARE just either blatant copies of NC/TR weapons, or minor downgrades. There's no doubt that what you have listed are good weapons, but in the case of the Serpent why does it carry a tiny penalty compared to the GD-7F, when the NC shouldn't even HAVE 800+ RPM weapons?

We aren't underpowered. We just draw the short straw on almost every single weapon category in the game by a small margin for no apparent reason.
  15. Hatesphere

the tiny penlites are normally due to the no bullet drop as far as i can tell. they need to slap something on there to make up for that millimeter or two someone has to aim up (when not using a suppressor) on another faction.

the nerf will be funny though. VS will keep using the Orion and TR will keep ignoring the better MSWr, and
    I will keep laughing and logging into the lowest pop faction to pop heads.
    • Up x 1
  16. Garrum

The VX6-7 is an answer in search of a question, and the Serpent is a worse GD-7F. The HV45 is an excessively shaky gun that gives up too much to get .75 ADS. The Terminus, even with it's massive 19 RPM advantage, can't really be called superior to the stock TR AR, the T1 Cycler, given the T1's unbiased recoil, which is greatly preferred by most players, and it's lower vertical recoil. You can, at best, call that one a draw. Grats VS, your clearly best AR is about as good as the TR's starting AR.

I have a BG, so I have auraxed the bulk of the VS LMG arsenal, and no, I did not use the NS15 as one of them. The Polaris is most certainly a near copy of the EM1/Rhino. And all three of them are pretty bottom of the barrel in terms of competitiveness. 652/143 barely works on the NS11 assault rifle, and it has .75 ADS and much better accuracy. On the less accurate LMGs it struggles to do anything. The NS15 trumps all three of them, even while having even lower DPS, due to , again, .75 ADS and supremely controllable recoil.

The Flare is the least accurate 167 LMG in the game, and neither kills fast enough at close range nor is accurate enough at mid/long range to be worth using. SPA doesn't fix that.

The SVA-88 leans excessively hard on it's .75 ADS to be competitive. It's not hard to understand why: It's a Pulsar VS1 assault rifle with 75 rounds but far worse accuracy. Do you see many people trading war stories about how they fear VS medics, because they start with the TRUE black magic, the Pulsar VS1, a weapon so deadly it doesn't just kill your body, it kills your very soul? No, because the Pulsar VS1 is a gun that struggles to kill anything. It's behind the curve in competitive ROF, but not ahead of the curve in accuracy or recoil. It's a painfully lackluster weapon. The SVA-88 without .75 will be a worse version of that. A not quite as bad but certainly not much better version of the Pulsar LSW, a gun that cannot be defended in any way.

The Orion getting better..../sigh....hipfire, is sort of nullified by the MSW-R and the Anchor getting the same buff, and hipfire not being the area where the Orion is going to need the most help after it loses it's .75 ADS.
  17. asmodraxus

Once these changes go through can we make VS officially hard mode and TR easy mode?

Post changes

VS worst LMG's (seriously no other LMG's will be of use other than the Orion as they are all worse)
    VS worst Carbines
    VS worst Assault rifles (when the NS version is an upgrade to most of the weapons its saying something)
    VS worst Pistols
    VS worst Heavy weapon, but hey if used in number it can suppress (so can every gun)
    VS non existent sniper rifle, tied with TR for this one
    VS non existent max ability
    VS worst MBT/Harasser AI weapon (even post buff its still largely a pile of steaming excrement, ie massive CoF on a direct hit weapon with no splash, low projectile speed etc etc, you have to go back to PPA pre nerf October 2014 to find a time when it was competing at equal levels with the Marauder ffs)

But hey at least we don't have bullet drop on the scout rifles, battle rifles and semi auto snipers...

We do have a good AV weapon in the lancer.
    Magriders main gun has the least kills, KPU, KPH and is a short range low DPS pos
    ESF's are all equally annoying

This leaves the MBT AV secondaries / Harasser AV weapons

Saron is good but aims for the middle ground, but enforcer at range is better and Vulcan up close well...
    • Up x 1
  18. FieldMarshall

Everyone has it so easy except for [My faction], the worst one ofcourse.
    [Enemy factions] has it so much easier than me. Really unfair.
    Me, me, me.

This problem is unique to [My faction].
    [Enemy factions] has it easy. They cant possibly know what its like to have things that suck.
  19. Plastikfrosch

ok i play all 3 factions and i like them.
    but if you want fairness (and at this moment im looking at TR):
    - your default carbine and AR have to be reduced to 750/125/40 only then they would be on par with NC weapons in therms of ttk and dpm and on par with vs AND nc when it come to ttk
    --> dont try to say "but the bulletspread". the trac5 and the AR are really good to controll even over ranges.
    --> at the moment the TR players that dont play HA have the most advantages over the other two factions
    --> the jaguar is the 2. best 0,75ads carbint (NC bandit is best)
    - the carv and the msw-r are cqc monsters and its not too hard to kill even vanu HAs so dont whine so much BUT on the other hand i dont even care about the 0,75ADS for the vanu lmgs. take it away and you will see you will still die to the exact same weapons in the future and i dont even think that the numbers will change.
    - and TR has the best sidearms:
    --> repeater: a pocket smg (the only sidearm which is able to compete with the ns revolvers when it comes to ttk and is able to be silenced)
    --> inquisitor: a pocket semi auto carbine: 143/30 - the only sidearm where it does not hurt if a few shots dont hit the target
    --> emperor: an upgraded beamer

And you want equality for all factions:
    - the harrassers vulcan is the most op weapon in this game right now which is able to melt away MBTs.
    - BUT i dont want an equal weapon for NC or VS. with new reload mechanism the enforcer got a buff so it can shoot constantly by being able to interrupt the reload.
    The VS instead got betrayed. the saron is the weakest av-gun.
    - over range it cant compete with the enforcer and in close to midrange it cant compete with the vulcan so vanu has always to think a lot more how to use its weapon and most vs i know will stay with the helbeard instead of the saron.
    - if the heat mechanism would have come to the saron as it was planed the vs would be able to fire slow but constantly like the enforcer and it would have made the saron interessting (not really good but interessting).
    BUT still: I DONT WANT VULCAN COPIES FOR VS AND NC!!!!!

And AV-max weapons:
    - Ravens: stronger than any other av weapon and can also be used as AI weapon
    - falcons: meh
    - fractures: meh
    - pounders: not good at range AV weapon bot strong agains EVERYTHING.
    --> you want to kill maxes: take 2x pounders
    --> you want to kill vehicles in close ranges: take 2x pounders
    --> you vant to kill infantry even if it hides behind a corner: take 2x pounders
    - comet: meh
    --> extremly slow fluffy balls that wont hit the targets because they are too easy to see and too slow
    ---> in cqc against maxes: OK
    ---> against infantry: meh
    - vortex: you will land the shot but you wont deal enough damage. the enemy will always run around the next corner and repair or he will bail
    --> unlike the ravens the vortex is only good in bigger numbers
    --> in cqc against other maxes: good
    --> against infantry: nearly worthless you will get the kill a lot faster with the maxpunsh

the 0,75ads LMGs of vanu are the only real "outstanding" weapons in the vanu weaponary but if you reall have problems to kill vanu HAs you have problems with any smg wielder, anyone who uses ns weapons, shotguns, or the ES 0,75 AR and carbines.

the 3 factions are not meant to be one big melting pot.

And again: take the 0,75ads from vanu and you will see, the vanus will still kill you with the same weapons and in the same nubers.

and for the and a little video: weapon balancing
  20. InoxGecko

Oh right, PlastikFrosch...TR OP, Vulcan OP, TR 750/143 weapons OP...right right, we've been over that. And sure give me a 800 RPM 125 damage tier weapon (which would not even match the DPS of the NC's Mercenary and Gauss Rifle) instead of my TRAC-5 or T1 Cycler and still wreck your ****. And also, since TR 750/143/40 weapons are "OP", might as well take away the Serpent and GD-7F from the VS and NC ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dude, in my whole time playing PS2 and playing against the VS, I don't recall seeing more than a handful of Halberd Maggies/Harassers. The Saron is an absolute thing of beauty and is by far my favorite weapon on VS. So you must be playing with the wrong crowd...

Being a little confused there friend, I though the VS sucked at everything ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)