Best Player on Miller = Mylittleponynya

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Turiel =RL=, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boey

2. Simferion

Miller is the server of the be(a)st players: among blatant and (not so) closet cheaters, playing is a joke.
  3. Bekar

Can anyone tell me, how can he make money by cheating?
  4. AxiomInsanity87

Please tell us what happened.

The guy is the equivalent of a terrorist and i'm sure others would like to know the full extent of his punishment.
    • Up x 2
  5. Sovereign533

Simple,
    1. Find a weakness in the code
    2. Build a cheat for that
    3. Make a website about that cheat
    4. Go into the game and go cheating while you're recording it
    5. Sell the cheat on your own website for plenty €€€'s and use your recording and word-to-mouth publishing to attract customers
    He isn't, and I wish people would stop using that word for everything they don't like. He isn't causing fear to get what he wants, so he isn't a terrorist.
    And the reason why they can't publish that info are the numerous privacy laws in most countries.
  6. boey

He probably makes money with selling his hacks and uses them himself ingame to advertise them. But maybe he also gets paid from someone to destroy the gameplay experience and gameplay sessions for a lot of people.
  7. AxiomInsanity87

He is hated as much as one though.

Ok saboteur then.
  8. Garrum

But that's nonsense. There are no cheaters in PS2. There's no way he could make any money.
    • Up x 2
  9. Bekar

Gee, i stopped playing other game cause unfair players illegally selling top weapon for real money and there was clear Pay-to-win system. Now here...
  10. Bekar

I hope it was a sarcasm?
  11. boey

/Irony
  12. Garrum

No sarcasm. No hackers.

Yes, it's sarcasm.
    • Up x 4
  13. Turiel =RL=

• Up x 1
  14. JonboyX

This would be my suggestion, Radar:

https://www.kaggle.com/

Put a prize of $10,000 to someone who can write you the best anti-cheat algorithm from your API data feed.

Frankly, it's a poor showing that a player can so blatantly cheat for so long without it being picked up by a moderator. It's not good enough to ban someone after they've spoiled a night for everyone else, particularly as you have no mechanism to stop them coming back the very next day on a new account.

If you can't afford people to police the servers, then get a decent algorithm to do it for you. Heck, even the DasAnfall site has statistical indicators for a players 'atypical'-ness. I'm sure someone on Kaggle can write something exceptional.
  15. Kronias

While that is a good idea, I somehow doubt they have the budget to offer Bounties for programs. Even if they did, Columbus Nova might not want them to spend money on that, and even if THAT were not the case, it's still unlikely because who really wants to admit they need to pay someone else to do their job for them? That is just the biggest blow to the ego of their programmers.
  16. Goretzu

Given the style of play is pretty much exactly the same, he just made another account and continued, Millers been plagued for a while now by either this one guy or a few of them (maybe 3-4) that just seem to be doing it till they get banned and then starting again the next day.

This happened on Miller after Christmas last year as well for a couple of months, although in those days with Live GMs on the server they only usually lasted ~60 mins before being banned.

At this point I think they really need some sort of auto-flagging software that picks up the totally abnormal kills streaks these hackers go on, but what really demoralises me is that this guy with his 700:1 K/D ratios and blatent hacking keeps going for so long, which means that any subtle hacker on Miller (i.e. ones that only turn off their recoil etc.), and there are quite a few candidates for being that on Miller, are likely never (ever) to be caught. :(
  17. JonboyX

Like Netflix did? They offered a $1m prize for anyone who could improve their film recommendation algorithm by (iirc) 10%. I think if Netflix can tender out without shame, then DayBreak can. Nothing wrong in admitting a games company isn't a statistical powerhouse. Given the H1Z1 debacle, it might even be a really good PR exercise.

Anyway. Retrospective punishment clearly isn't a deterrent for these people.
  18. Kazrak

I don't know why but some people really don't like DB

Since the change from SOE the number of hackers has exploded
    In the 1 1/2 years of playing PS2 under SOE i've seen about ~3-4 cheaters
    Since DB is in charge it's the same number PER MONTH

I'm not sayin that they are doing a bad job but someone got you on their list

i'd like to see the old gameplay where you don'T lose an alert cause one NC hacker kills every TR in every spawnroom alongside the frontline
    We went from 39% to 28% in the last hour cause people were just fed up and leaving the continent (population went from 34 to 30)

I would be very satisfied if there was a chance to deal with cheaters like in the video below:
  19. TheChris

Dat Headshotrate o_O
  20. Kronias

Honestly they don't even need t go through all that. Just hire GM's to sit in the game again. Would honestly be cheaper than that and they would be removed in like 30 minutes tops. Will they come back? sure, but that GM will be sitting there waiting for them.Blatant, obvious cheaters were never a thing for so long because GM's were always right there to remove them on the spot. This game needs GM's again. Badly. More than it needs Phase 2 of that damn resource system.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.