Duel practice...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Timothy Pearson, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Timothy Pearson

It's considered stat padding, but I really don't see the problem if It's not one player continuously killing the opponent, rather players typically dueling it out. I mean yeah, it raises your certs a little higher, but what's the difference when nubs go around the map shooting terminals to increase their accuracy ( I see it from time to time)? Or Aircraft farming infantry, that sure does increase the certs faster than dueling.

Dueling should be allowed, because I'm sick of coming on this game and finding no one to shoot at, moving around the map pointlessly. I sometimes spend atleast 15 mins before I find some enemies to shoot at, only to have their sundy blown up for the sake of certz. Briggs is dead, let people duel. Obviously my opinion is ignorant in some way but It's too late to care anyway, this game was handed over to a less off company, there's no chance for it now.
  2. EagleEyeFoley

You can take your friend to PTS. Grey Heron Shipping is great for 1v1.
    • Up x 2
  3. prodo123

Live = MMO. PTS = small-scale/private.

Your ignorance is showing; it's the same company.
  4. Xiad

Hold up...am I missing out on something here? Who exactly frowns upon duelling? Perhaps we are using the word differently? I'm assuming you mean something like specifically meeting up with someone of another faction and having informal 1v1s with them. ESF duels is a good example. Who complains about that? How does that even come close to being stat-padding?
  5. Timothy Pearson

Every time I go to duel with someone, another person complains about me stat-padding...I thought it was stat padding?
  6. Timothy Pearson

So They break games is the same as They break games? I don't get it
  7. Maljas23

SOE = Daybreak Games(Show respect at least on their own forums -_-)
  8. Timothy Pearson

It's an over-used joke, I don't mean it seriously, lol
    • Up x 1
  9. sIcGER

for how long do such guys watch you, before they complain ?

may be the guy complaining was like: 'why dont they shoot each other?', 'why does noone shoot at me?', 'ah - stat padder!' and he saw you guys looking at him, not moving, while he was thinking that. you guys probably thought: 'is he going to shoot us?', 'do i shoot you?', do YOU shoot ME?' :D
  10. Timothy Pearson

Usually people don't watch us. I /yell and ask anyone if they want to duel practice, because the fights are small, then sometimes that person will assume It's stat-padding. Can you just confirm with me, is dueling people allowed? I just need to hear that, then I'll be really happy
  11. sIcGER

In that case, i share Xiad's opinion. what should be wrong with that? as long as you dont park your sundis each other and kill each other in a few seconds over and over i see no problem at all. just ignore those guys who say 'stat padding' bla - they dont even watch you what is going to happen ...
  12. Eyeklops

Most likely typical stat padding and dueling look nothing alike from a statistics point of view. I'd not be worried about it unless you're a way low BR where dueling would dramatically swing your stats in odd looking ways.
  13. Ulas

Lel. Move to a bigger server. Briggs peak =1 continent unlocked. I also know some aussies who play on cobalt.
  14. Timothy Pearson

The ping would be revolting doe
  15. Timothy Pearson

We usually do park our sundi's relatively close. Annd well we just run around a small area taking cover and shooting eachother. I really don't see how it could be stat-padding either but I'll have to see, when I get my account reset for it :(
  16. RedArmy

back when i was in Aftershox in connery, we used to do "trainings" like other may have done, but rather than doing things in the VR, we made NC and VS alts and did life-fire excersices - they worked much better when you could actually damage people and kill them. Coordinating to the other empires for "joint" trainings was always cool too, but lately its been more of a "20 people fightning behind enemy lines Mass bombings!" and us shouting "were doing a live fire training leave us alone."
  17. Czarinov

It's not statpadding. Not in my book. It's not like you both just work for a directive or something...
  18. Timothy Pearson

True
  19. Regpuppy

As long as both are actively trying to kill each other, it's not stat-padding. At least I don't see it that way.