Planetside 2 dying?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meowcenary, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Opapanax

No I don't know whom you are or really want to get to know. Just calling out the ******** as I see it..

Don't take it personally you've simply been conditioned this way...
  2. Konstantinn

Do you want me to find more videos and reviews that support my point that adapters are not as good as native or do you want to keep spreading misinformation?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding about which point you disagreed on though. Please point out. I was just joking in last post, it seemed like you said nearly same things I did, yet you called me out on some kind of lie there. Trying to understand.
  3. Opapanax

No there's no need for you to do that. I'm simply saying that using these "adapters" or even using mouse and keyboard in general is not a high priority for the steady console player.

Most come to console because they prefer using a controller over using mouse and keyboard. So when people speak as if it's some necessity to be a competent gamer is backwards.

I've only found my self wanting to use either in very specific situations. Like while playing FFXIV or War Thunder and using keyboard for text input or using a mouse to navigate a UI. Not something that is a necessity just a preference at that time. 95% of the time I'm not using either..
  4. Dgross

Oh good, the monthly "is PS dying" thread.
    I was getting worried, it's almost the 18th!
    • Up x 1
  5. insaneman12

It was a PS dying thread now its a console vs pc thread
    • Up x 1
  6. Dualice

It certainly seems less and less populated each time I play. I can't remember the last time more than two continents were unlocked whilst I was on, which was typically late afternoon/early evening.

That being said, Daybreak seem to be going for this grand re-launch in a few months' time, maybe it'll turn around.
  7. AxiomInsanity87

Grand relaunch?.

Anything more on that or is that conquest mode?.

;)
  8. Turiel =RL=

Define active? Every once in a while they do run an event and you still see some guys with the outfit-tag run around, but it's not exactly like they are running the show 24/7. With roughly 280 players online at peaktime - usually spread out over 1.5 continents - you can't get that much going.

http://www.therebelscum.net/world-population/?world_id=10&zoom=5

We still have poplock during alerts, so it's not that bad yet, but I am quite pessimistic about the future.
  9. Dualice

Haha. Well! It was in a rather long-winded letter I read from the Daybreak director to the playerbase, I think it was on one of Wrel's "Auraxium Update" videos a few weeks ago. Basically admitting yeah, they know the game is a mess right now, but they're intending to pull their socks right up, polish it up in a big way, and aim for some grand re-opening of sorts later this year.

Would probably help if I could find the video. I'm having a look as we speak!

*EDIT* Went one better and found you the original Smedley Twitter post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3582el/the_way_forward/