Planetside 2 dying?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meowcenary, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Crator

Why is it stupid?
  2. Thunder33

No its summer, thats why the servers are empty.
  3. skull4squadron

No I'm not using proximity chat. Not exagerating. Actually I wish I was. I really like this game. Just extremely frustrated at this point with it. For example right now my engy completely glitched on me. The only thing it would allow me to do is melee. I just had to log out.
  4. Turiel =RL=

Right now on Miller primetime we got alerts all over the place, but none of the continents has something big going on. You can really notice that it's taking a dive rather fast. Ok, maybe on Wednesday there isn't much going on anyways.
  5. AxiomInsanity87

It's the beta though so its not even worth getting annoyed over.

I'm waiting for the next 'huge' update and fix before getting annoyed. I liken betas to choosing to test drive a broken car.

The game has and is coming along very well so try o focus on what has been fixed. Your data may be corrupt and so a fresh install is needed but that won't happen until release now.

I've had hardly any issues compared to some so I think it's a corrupt data issue.
  6. AxiomInsanity87

Are these outfits still active?.

Brtd
    Goon
    Elme
    Wasp
    Hossin jungle fighters
    Orbital strike

And the major vs filth ones.
  7. skull4squadron

Hopefully your right. I will give it a chance when release but I'm debating if I should still help out in beta. Luckily release day is soon.
  8. AxiomInsanity87

I'll be at the beta farewell knife fight and record it but I'm bored now as well yeah. I just want the release and I really hope the next patch smashes it.

I really hope they drop the PC ui in there.
    • Up x 1
  9. ColonelChingles

Well that's a problem with other people ruining my game! :mad:

Seriously though, I think that's one of the major problems with catering to Ramboism and "mainstreaming" PS2. All the people who wanted something different than everything else on the market or who wanted a PS1 experience have already left when PS2 became more like a twitch-based FPS.

And everyone else who was "mainstream" and is still around slowly bleeds off with every new release of CoD/BF because you can't out-CoD CoD.
  10. Pikachu

And then school starts, thats why they wont come back in autumn. Then in winter people are spending more time with their family so they cant play. Then in spring wveryone has exams ao they cant play. ... I thought this mantra ended in 2013. -.- I remember populations dropping during summer 2013 too and they didnt come back later.
  11. Opapanax

You can already plug in a mouse and keyboard on console. You're misinformed try not to spread it even more.
    • Up x 1
  12. Opapanax

Your PC handicap doesn't apply to everyone. When I mentioned mouse DPI it was to say console players don't really care. A PC is not some strange mystery of inner workings. A gaming PC is a regular PC with more beefy components, it doesn't take much more knowledge then knowing where to get your parts the cheapest.

Yes it takes some tech savy if you want to be cutting edge on every component, but is not a necessity.

Talking about maturity levels of the user base for console compared to PC is another regurgitated meme that is old and worn out. Both platforms have mature and immature people. Just because you own a PC doesn't increase your intellect or maturity, comparatively PC allows you to be an even larger *******.

Its just old hearing the same reasonings over and over. The conscious shift in console gaming happened a long time ago. Many console players have been so nearly their entire lives placing many in their mid 20's to damn near 40.

But constantly regurgitation will have you believe every console owner is a preteen frothing at the mouth cause he can use the web browser to surf this mysterious thing called the internet for ****.

PC's are as common as strollers. Children are being exposed to them at earlier and earlier ages having a gaming PC no longer makes you some elite. You can have one built off websites theoretically now you don't even need to be tech savy to own or use one.

So don't flip out when you realize your no longer a special little snowflake. Believe this is not losing control or whatever other easy out you want to use. It's calling out the ******** people try to perpetuate on just about every site including this one.

PC gaming has a space to exist in. Console gaming has a space to exist in. Choosing one or choosing both doesn't make you any better than the others.
    • Up x 1
  13. Opapanax

You're misinformed please don't continue to spread it..

Thanks.
  14. Crator

I know, I looked it up before I asked the question. But apparently this isn't native support (adapter) and someone already posted a reply stating it has some sort of lag when using the adapters.

EDIT: It was a question. I'm not spreading anything. Do people not understand punctuation?
  15. Opapanax

I wouldn't call it lag. There are things that get in the way like the basic PS4 chatbox that pops up when trying to use a keyboard, but that is actually something that comes down to the developer and if they put in proper chat settings for KB use. It's not a limitation of the hardware is what I'm saying but a design choice by each individual game developer.
  16. boey

I never said i'm a special little snowflake. Where did i say i am? I just came up with how things are.

Never did i say anything different. I'm just saying, that it will get interesting when you try to mix both together. People with Controller on one side and people with keyboard+mouse on the other side.
  17. Opapanax

It's one together not one vs the other. That's the PC mindset I'm referring to. But I'm not out to argue with you about this or bash on you (directly) for your choice of platform.

I'd just like the misinformation and console hate to stop. It's played out...
  18. Crator

I'd love for console and PC to be cross-platform. Everyone argues that the console players can't compete with PC players because the controller vs. keyboard/mouse. So if they gave the console the capability to use a keyboard/mouse with the game I don't see a valid argument against it anymore. Some will say, but not everyone has a keyboard and mouse so they will not be able to compete at the same level. My counter to that argument is they could make some servers controller only and some server keyboard/mouse only.

I'm with you, I hate the whole PC master race vs. console peasant stupidity. It's really immature.
  19. Opapanax

I wasn't exactly clear there my fault. What I said wasn't to mean both playing together on same server, but that we are both playing a game we enjoy and have passion for. I play on console mainly right now but I never felt threatened by the PC version to where I have to bash the playerbase or fault the PC for issues on the console.

I just feel people should separate themselves from platform choice and instead focus on the game itself and improving it overall both are affected by negative changes and buggy gameplay.
  20. Konstantinn

Oh really? Which part?

Me: "Even though there is no technological reason to do that."
    You: " It's not a limitation of the hardware is what I'm saying but a design choice by each individual game developer."

Me: " it doesn't quite feel right, not as smooth as mouse/keyboard on PC"
    You: "I wouldn't call it lag." (maybe you meant "not as smooth" instead of "lag" lol)

You pretty much said same exact things I said in my post, yet somehow I'm misinformed. Or maybe you meant don't spread it because you'll do it for me? Lol, you want to be my loyal follower or something? I don't swing that man.

Here's one review, guy clearly says "THERE IS LAG ON MOUSE MOVEMENT"