Idling while out of nanites - anyone else?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yuki10, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Mxiter

I feel sad for you if you needs force multipliers to be able to do something interesting and entraining...
  2. ColonelChingles

The secret to PS2 is to simply keep your HP above 0. You will win 100% of engagements if you can master that one simple trick!
    • Up x 3
  3. Ronin Oni

Ok, but the current system in place already has vehicles pretty spammable, so I'm not really sure what can change?

Other than you finding some fun to be had in infantry fighting. There's a lot of fun to be had, maybe you just need to find something in it you enjoy...

otherwise, yeah, I guess you're left with Idling while you alt-tab for 10 minutes....
    • Up x 1
  4. Ronin Oni

EXACTLY! It's so easy ;)
  5. FocusLight

Never. If I run out of nanites and can't use any vehicles/aircraft/items, I just go play infil for a while and either SMG ambush or start sniping people, all depending on the average engagement range. There are other options too, like running medic for a while and just healing, or engineer or whatever...

I like a full bandoleer pack full of revives, EMP's stickies or frag or concs or whatever... but they are not mandatory for me ot enjoy myself. They are just bonuses.
  6. Inex

I think the word you're looking for is "awesome".
  7. Liewec123

theres always something to do on infantry.

NC try playing stalker Mag-Scatter, its a horrible weapon but playing a shotgun ninja is strangely addictive!

TR play some mini chaingun! or have a play with 3 burst TRAP, its rather fun!

VS it has to be lasher!
  8. Tyshon

Yes i get coffee make food generally relax on something. There should be a mini game to wait for nanites.
    • Up x 1
  9. JohnGalt36

My game won't gain resources when I'm alt+tabbed. :/

I really wish they'd replenish while you mess around in VR training, though. My time waiting for nanites is spent turning useless implants from my endless tank repairing into chargers for the 3 that I actually use.
  10. eldarfalcongravtank

alternatively, you can ask people in the warpgate if they can pull a vehicle for you and allow you to operate it via squad. i had pulled several vehicles for some allies already when i had plentyful resources and was playing pure infantry at that time. people were like "yo gimme dat lock-on scythe" or "hey gimme a HE lightning" and i simply did. anything to help a fella out
  11. Opapanax

OP it's really not that difficult to acquire resources. It probably takes you longer idling like that instead of just doing medic/engineer for 5 or so minutes.

But do you..
  12. Mongychops

If you really can't stand playing infantry, why not find some friends?

Not only is team-play much more fun (and kind of the point of the game), if you are playing two man vehicles with someone else, the number of vehicles you can spawn is doubled. For example, solo MBT / Lib = 9 minutes rate of spawn, but a 2 man MBT / Lib = 4.5 minute. If you play Harassers, you can spawn one between you every 90 seconds.

If you don't want to play infantry, you don't want teamplay, and you aren't good enough to survive a few minutes in a force multiplier, there isn't really a lot more that can be done to cater to you.