Planetside 2 dying?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meowcenary, Jun 15, 2015.

1. zanthal

Planetside 2 dying?

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  2. boey

Yeah, this rumble thing is definitely an argument :). Forgot about that. My bad. I'm probably thinking in a much to competitive way. When it comes to competitive gaming you will have a very hard time playing with a controller against people with keyboard and mouse in a FPS.
    This Xim4 adapter is interesting. I could imagine this will probably be a must have, if many others are using this too, and you want to be able to compete with them.
  3. ColonelChingles

There is the upcoming Warhammer 40K Eternal Crusade MMOFPS. It will have 4 factions (up to 6 later) and one of the factions will be F2P (I'm assuming you need to pay cash to play as the other factions).

If it works as currently advertised, it already seems like it would be a better game than PS2. It also has more of a popular IP to start with as well.
    • Up x 1
  4. AxiomInsanity87

Yeah I've been waiting for that. It's third person though and might be doing cros platform so I'll be playing for free until I know what's happening and see what the experience is like.

I've been into 40k since rogue traders.
  5. AxiomInsanity87

Only a total loser would use an xim4 in my opinion. The controller is what gives he immersive feel.

How much of a pathetic snivelling morsel must someone be to use an xim4 on console. I've gotten good with the controller and definitely above average. The aim assist I haven't even noticed so I can only get better.

It's not like the usual weak aim bot either. I've literally not had it kick in or anything which I like. It may as well not even exist.
  6. Jawarisin

Cross platform? HAHAHAHAHAHA
  7. AxiomInsanity87

What the devs said.

The idea of ps2 on ps4 was ridiculous, but here we are.
  8. Jawarisin

Yeah, it's a broken version on ps4... woohoo I guess. It's better than nothing for sure, but it's nothing the console will ever be able to handle at full potential either. The idea that they could is ludicrous at best.

Cross-platform is like the dumbest thing you can do. Every single time people tried it, it resulted in an EPIC failure. I actually had a friend who kept telling me that he was good with a console controller. But when my friend played Shadowrun (You can look up how this one ended... just as everybody on the computer says. Console players got wrecked) he got wrecked down to the ground SO hard, he's never questionned the supremacy of computer aiming/movements anymore. His favorite remains console, but he's not pretending like it's on an equal footing anymore.
  9. AxiomInsanity87

Cross platform in this context is that the devs want to take it to console as well. Maybe I should have said multiplatform. Whether or not the ps4 will handle it remains to be seen but he graphics aren't much better than space marine and they're using some seriously hevy duty servers as well.

It is getting better and better on console. It's not far off now and there's 2 apparently major patches coming so we'll see.
  10. boey

The question is: What is left of your immersive feel, when you get wrecked by people playing with keyboard + mouse?
  11. Colonelveers12

EC is either going to break PS2 or make it better. I'm banking on breaking it.
    • Up x 1
  12. AxiomInsanity87

It wouldn't really bother me as the controller sensitivity can go up ridiculously high so I'd need to get good.

If it really bothrwrd me that much then I'd get an xim4 but it wouldn't. If it became a real issue then they have to jack up aim assist for controllers and that would plain suck for everyone.
  13. AxiomInsanity87

I'm banking on it be a different game and third person.

They're recycling alot of stuff from space marine as well.
  14. toast2250

The only thing Ive ever got from Valve/Steam was the original physical disc for HalfLife series+CSSource as extra. I haven't opened Steam for 2 years now.

I could not care less and if they would be the most richest company in the universe.

Not mmo but still,.. Metro was good, rare gems and hope withing them still exist. I wonder what the new Doom will bring. :eek:

I don't think Smed was referring conquest as a meta. I could be wrong tho.
    But if I consider the history and what people said I wouldn't be surprised from the copy/pasted H1Z1 battle royal.

Its simply a very competitive mode that will very likely take awey people from the main game.

You could say that LOL does have a meta because of the vast amounts of characters and items, map, but some argue that DOTA2 is undeniably better.

Despite of all the real rage you can get ingame i still like it, sort of.
    The huge problem is not at all the game (since after all its a offspring of the original mod), but the elitism.

15. Konstantinn

Hope you're right and PS4 version is not as bad as it sounds, just usual forum negativity.

Though I have to say, from watching some videos of PS4 players..... they seem to not grasp the very basics of gameplay, like hardly ever open the map. I chalk that up to bad UI. Honestly, every PC player checks map quite frequently, if anything then to know that the fight is done and move on or to keep throwing yourself at the enemy (like last few minutes of alert at a critical base).

Just watched some guy's 34th 15min segment on youtube .... i mean can't say he's totally new, he did at least 33 videos 15 min long each. Not once does he open the map in 15 min, huge amounts of other stupidity. I seriously hope he's not representative of other console gamers....
    • Up x 1
  16. Opapanax

Another console bash thread using subpar players recording as absolute evidence. Move on nothing to see here the PC handicapped can't comprehend console gaming.
  17. uhlan

I've talked to some folks with access to the PS4 beta and everyone hates it that has played the PC version first. Some are even appalled at how bad it actually works.

Those that have only played the PS4 version have mixed opinions, but are willing to give the game a chance once it hits live. Your typical beta response.

PS2 Reddit, while caustic at times, has a lot to say about the PS4 version and might be worth a read should anyone here care to take a look.
  18. ColonelChingles

I'm just kinda sad the Imperial Guard isn't going to be a faction. Who wants to be a super ubermensch Space Marine anyway?

Just give me one of these:

[IMG]

Plenty of shells, some breathing room, and I could have fun for hours raining long-distance death on foes (and probably a few friendlies as well).

Dangit, PS2 would be so much better if we had actual artillery in the game.

I dunno. I mean both are:
    Sci-fi
    Shooter
    MMOs
    with
    Persistent Worlds
    Combined Arms
    and RPG Elements

All the major stuff overlaps pretty heavily. If it comes down to one being a FPS and one being a TPS... that doesn't seem to make for much of a difference given how similar they are in all other respects.

Though it's never a good sign for the future of a game when people are talking about how fun another game might be in the official forums. :p
    • Up x 1
  19. skull4squadron

What you have said regarding most players in beta not opening their maps I honestly think its true. I have access to the beta and let me tell you its been a horrible headache.
    To many problems in its current state. No communication and what little there is its like you talking to their behind.
    Very worried of launch day.
    Like so many ppl have stated I really hope they fix everything and the game is a success but its a long stretch. :(
  20. Opapanax

It's actually the complete opposite of something worth checking out. It's filled with your basic PC console hater, who insults the playerbase and tries to pettle misinformation about what a console player is as well as the state of beta testing the game. It's basically your average circle jerk PC master race community.

Every other post is with console peasant this, potato that. It feeds on a revolving door of mutual back patting for each time you regurgitate some dried up *** generalization of what a console player is. It insults their intelligence just about every chance they get with such nonsense like console players not having the attention span to grasp the "depth" of Planetside.

Of course most of the PC tryhards in this thread and over there on reddit will try to deny this or say how its all in good fun. Calling it now; they are full of it.

So as a console player if you choose to check out that subreddit understand you will rarely get any genuine help that isn't followed by how you fling your own feces and can't count past 5. It's a dried up bitter as **** community, upset at the state of the game on PC (rightfully so) and bound into blaming it on consoles development like all the issues didn't exist before. Just constant backhand remarks..

Don't be fooled the majority are out to troll you and tell you how you might as well play on PC and how mouse DPI makes aiming all super easy compared to controllers and how you could never beat them or their buddies in circlesucking each others petalwags..

The place is a joke. Avoid in most cases, go in get the information you seek and leave because if you admit to being a console player they are gonna hate hate hate.. and try their best to pollute your opinion about the game.