[Suggestion] Kill rate/interval trigger for hackers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by prodo123, Jun 16, 2015.

1. prodo123

I'm aware this doesn't do anything for noclip hackers and such, but it should block a lot of other hackers out.

Solution: Set a kill rate/interval timer trigger such that if someone kills more than 12 people in a short period of time (i.e. killing a bus full of people doesn't trigger it), he/she is automatically flagged without user action. Moderators then look at the person's activity and acts accordingly. There is a possibility that this kind of system is already in place and we don't know about it.

But let's add on automatic account suspension on top of that. If someone kills too many people within a short period of time, or SPM/SPH exceeds more than 3 standard deviations (99.7th percentile) of the average SPM (excluding legitimate players, whom DBG should keep track of), the player is automatically barred from the game for 1 day. 2nd offense will result in a ban. This metric should take place after 5-10 minutes of logging in so that initial SPM inflation doesn't affect the player while barring hackers from switching characters.

If the player has a history of legitimate playing, he/she may appeal the suspension/ban.
  2. HadesR

While I'm all for better anti-cheats and DBG actually doing something I feel the above is way to heavy handed for what you suggest.

The game is full of ways From Dalton Lib's to Tanks spamming Spawn room doors to MAX's on choke points etc etc to rack up quick and numerous kill streaks ..

So being " automatically " banned for example spamming Pounders into a Defended Cap point is pretty harsh ..
  3. prodo123

You're not going to be doing that for 5 minutes straight, which would result in the suspension/ban.
    Before that, though, the system would raise a flag. Mods will have to view it and act accordingly if the auto-suspension/ban hasn't already taken place.