What do you do about serial TK'ers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnGalt36, Jun 16, 2015.

1. JohnGalt36

I have a guy who jumped in front of my tank a few months ago and went splat. After that, he followed me around every time I got online and C4'd my vehicles or sniped my when I wasn't expecting it. I reported him and didn't see him for a few moths until tonight. I have to TK him repeatedly to keep him from C4'ing my tank, but then I get a weapons lock. He makes the game unplayable for me, even though he is terrible and easy to fend off. I reported him again, but does DGC do anything about people like him? Or do I just have to wait for him to get bored?
  2. RykerStruvian

Get people to TK him. Take turns.
    • Up x 3
  3. ColonelChingles

Have you tried to apologize to him for that initial TK? I mean it might seem like so many TK's ago on both your parts, but maybe manning up and admitting you were wrong might be enough? Though that may have been a better solution to have tried after initially running him over a few months ago.

I dunno. Apologies can go a long way. So many problems in life (and maybe in games) could be avoided with a sincere apology.
    • Up x 3
  4. Goretzu

I always /tell sorry if I accidently run someone over or if my grenade inexplicably manages to home in on the 1 friendly in a sea of enemies, or even if someone runs in front of me whilst I'm clearly shooting, usually that defuses it with most people.

Appart from in one case where I didn't run someone over, just apparently nearly did (likely due to the way clientside works in PS2 - I didn't even see the guy on my screen) and that fella went berserk and followed me around trying to TK me for ages. :D
    • Up x 2
  5. Leftconsin

I once reported a guy who would come on, team kill repeatedly until he got weapons locked, wait for the lock to end, and team kill some more for nine months.

Im not sure if that guy got banned or bored.
  6. Devilllike

I got team killed over 1000 times i am sure,But i never really took action for it people would run me over when i was on the road so i made it a rule dont pass the road and i survived.

After that i was runned over on the side of the road..well they pmed sorry so i was okay with it i said never mind **** it i went sniping on the mountain

And then there was a mother ****** who literally runned me over on a god damn forsaken hill that it was nearly impossible for anybody to come with a vehicle you trully had to try to go over me to go there while there were 5 alternative ways!

well thats when i ******* lost it and c4 the **** out of this mother ****** and enjoyed every last moment of it
  7. JohnGalt36

Yes, I apologized right off the bat. Every time I accidentally TK someone, I apologize.
    He responded by C4'ing my tank three times in a row.
  8. FieldMarshall

If he dosent respond to "sorry" you can try calling him out on the TKing in /y.
    If you tell people he has been harrassing you for months you may get some sympathetic people to help get rid of him.

If that doesent help and he still doesent get banned, here is what i suggest you do every time he goes after you:

1. Make a free account to prevent weapons lock.
    2. Create a random alt.
    3. TK him when he least expects it.
    4. Delete alt and make a new one.
    5. Repeat step 3 and 4 until he logs off.

Its harsh but it seems to be the only language he understands.
    Alternatively to speed things up, send him a tell with something that will make him rage, and put him on ignore before he gets a chance to reply after each TK.
    A few days of this and he wont bother you again.
  9. JohnGalt36

Haha, I have sent him tells trying to get him to ragequit after killing him 5 times in a row. Bear in mind, those are in self defense when he starts flying at my tank with C4. It seemed to work tonight. I killed him a few times, sent him a few sad faces and "lel"s, then he eventually logged.

I would just rather spend my time killing VS and TR than an annoying blueberry, though. I thought he had been banned, because he hasn't been on in months until tonight.

Oh well, what can you do?
  10. Jawarisin

I wreck his kind. But most of the time, they can't fly anyways, so it's not like I care much about them. And as far as infantry goes.... I rek them :)
  11. prodo123

Pretty much this. I tell whoever I accidentally shoot/TK either a /tell or an actual apology over proxy chat.

If, however, I'm on the receiving end, I've learned to keep my cool. I used to revenge TK all day, but now I just give that person a warning shot or two. As you might imagine this also has its limits: if that person either blew up my Sunderer (one case: someone blew up my repair Sunderer because it was "in the way"; he died 10 seconds later because I wasn't repairing him :p), MAX suit or anything that costs nanites then yeah maybe 1 TK max. But that's it.

He keeps going at it? Send out a lookout notice on /yell, get as many people to report him as possible. Then move on. Any grief/TK/harassment ticket loses a lot of its credibility if you return fire, and the offender is less likely to receive punishment.
  12. Eternaloptimist

Wow - I'd email DBG for advice rather than just raising tickets. That might be a better way to get their attention. I TK'd a guy once who walked in front of me, I apologised, pulled a medic and rezzed him then apologised again. He still TK'd me back, called me a rude name and logged off. So, there are some totally immature, vindictive ***** in the game but I've never heard of one that is so persistent
    • Up x 1
  13. Gutseen

I usually keep my temper.
    but when some **** is ramming me/shooting me in the back with a RL/giving me ammo on a sniper targeted position.

i lose it and go into full on EXTERMINATUS, blue red puprle all ******* same frag buffet