125dmg tier - underutilized and pointless on TR.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Flagonswarm, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Taemien

High RoF, Low dmg for TR
    Med RoF, Med dmg for VS
    Low RoF, High dmg for NC

On average.. there are some overlaps.
  2. sindz

Sigh.

Read what i wrote. Its ROF and mag size dependent. Its not faction specific. You want a 40mag gun to reload the same speed as a 30 one - and generally higher ROF? That wouldnt totally break the game.

Huh, right?
  3. prodo123

I'm sorry but that sounds horrible. SAW fires slow enough already at 8.33 bullets per second. A-Tross fires at 7.817/second. You're bringing the SAW down to 7.133 per second, and the A-Tross to 400 RPM, or 6.67/second. As a comparison, Lasher fires at 333 RPM.

TTK-wise it sounds like no big deal, but consider how that works out in terms of actual bullets fired.
  4. Shotgunslap

GR-22 reloads at 2.45 short, and 3.3 long. H-V45 does the short at 2.56 and the long at 3.2. Both have the same 30 round mag, and 800 ROF.
    Or the Gauss Rifle to the Equinox. Gauss at 1.95 short, 2.6 long. 1.875 on the short, 2.3 long for the Equinox. The Equinox even has a slightly higher ROF. If you think the VS just doesn't have faster reloads, you're not looking at stats.
  5. sindz

AR, cant really compare here because TR have extra bullet mag sizes so cant really compare, and other than that NC are usually slower rof with higher dmg so its comparable to VS either, and the faster ROF NC AR's doesnt compare to anything VS have.

GR-22 reloads faster short and slower long , han HV-45 as you pointed out VS doesnt win that one, its tied. If anything NC wins since short reload is more important.

LMG that share the same rof and mag size:

Orion vs MSW - 3,28 / 3,655 vs 3.045 / 3,305
    T16 vs Polaris 3,96 / 4,925 vs 3,96 / 4,925
    TMG 50 vs Flare - 4,24 / 5,225 vs 4,24 / 5,225

Carbine that share samish stats, again cant compare to TR since its more bullets pr mag, again also comparing to NC is tricky since they have only 1 143dmg weapon:
    GD-7F vs Serpent - 2,7 / 3 vs 2,59 / 2,89 - first one VS wins with.
    Razor vs Pulsar c - 1,67 / 2.61 vs 1.66 / 2

SMG again is 143 vs 167 vs 125 dmg, cant compare again.

as its clearly shown in the weapons you can compare, reload speeds isnt a VS trait, if guns share the same ROF & dmg model they have almost exactly the same stats. And the reason VS might seem like they have faster reloads is because the 143dmg models are so weak in damage they need something to make them semi viable (its not enough!) Since TR trait with more bullets pr mag is way better and NC 200dmg model and 167/600 dmg model are tons better aswell if you can aim.

So VS have no bullet drop, which is pointless on all infantry weapons.
  6. Taemien

It sounds bad until you realize the other factions' weapons are doing the same thing. I actually don't think it'd be that bad.
  7. FlatironmanX

Completely agree with this, in fact I posted a similar thread recently.