[Actually serious] Maxes should be deleted from Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mustarde, Jun 14, 2015.

1. TheMish

Then you can join him on your way outta here.
  2. TheMish

I like those flamethrowers a lot.

And Max crashes are fine by me.

But glorious, superior, almighty, holy, just, Terran Republic will crush evil, ISIS supporting, brainless rebel Max!
  3. TheMish

Well then they have to figure out a way to bring a Max down.

Why should a Max be reduced to a joke, so some imbecile can regularly take on Maxes 1 on 1 as any other class?

I feel worse for newer players that wanna check out Maxes, only to be smacked.
  4. Dualice

I think the MAX's anti-armour effectiveness largely depends on what faction you're playing. I wouldn't really recommend taking on an MBT with Fractures or Pounders, for example.

This is already happening, isn't it? :p I see plenty of Comets and Pounders being brought to biolab fights.
  5. PostalDude

Or, how about you play something other than infiltrator ? Seriously, grenade bandolier with AV grenades.
  6. 0fly0

At least have the balls to post **** like this with your real character so we can all have fun.
  7. Iridar51

Was that somehow supposed to be scathing?
    • Up x 1
  8. eldarfalcongravtank

before simply removing an entire infantry class from the game, lets first gauge the rework of the anti-tank mine and the introduction of the anti-materiel rifle, which both are going to be direct Max counters. afterwards, we can still decide whether Max spam is still a problem.
    • Up x 1
  9. IPLAYTF2

if you removed maxes how will the casual skill-less plebs get their k:d above 1
    • Up x 3
  10. Mustarde

hmmm. Care to guess what my experience is outside of infiltrator? I invite you to click through both my TR and VS profiles and see if you have as much experience in any single class as I do.

And if you think AV bando is the solution to max imbalance, then I would have to ask you how many AV grenade kills you have. Oh let me save you the trouble.

Yeah.

70% on my TR, the vast majority of which I did in the first 1 1/2 years of playing this game. Since then, I have completed directives for LA and medic on both my TR and VS, including earning the darkstar, unity, eclipse, Trac-shot, battlegoose, DMR-99 and Revenant.

I play a large variety of classes, and have a lot of time spent in vehicles. I also have a fair amount of MAX time, it just doesn't look like it since I spend more time outside of one. The only part of the game I haven't touched is air, I'm just a terrible pilot.
    • Up x 3
  11. Rogueghost

That's the same train of thought that got these abominations implemented in the first place. The lead combat designer didn't want them in the game, knowing they'd be impossible to balance, but Higglies said they were iconic and forced them in. I trhink the fact that the man whose job was to balance combat in Planetside absolutely didn't want to see Maxes added speaks for itself.

That being said I acknowledge that at this point asking for them to be removed is pointless, they've been here too long to remove without causing even more damage. I believe adding them was a mistake but its too late now to rectify it.
    • Up x 1
  12. Lenox

I must agree that it is annoying when some smuck pulls a max in a 1-12 fight. However, I want more SciFi in my SciFi shooter, not less. Nothing screams science fiction more than a dude in big, stompy power armor. I would also prefer to add content from the game, not remove it.
    • Up x 1
  13. 0fly0

Too bad we don't know how many did actually kill infantry and not max...
  14. AxiomInsanity87

Csgo and every other cookie cut shooter is that way.

This is a terrible idea and people would be mad after purchasing Max cosmetics. Op must be insane to even think for 1 second that this idea was even with posting.
    • Up x 1
  15. SteamBoiler

I imagine stalemates that last an entire day or until people get tired and decide to log off.

I think MAX units are in a good place. Organized max assaults are sometimes the only way to end a stalemate against the enemy. MAX units are powerful no doubt, but not that hard to deal with. I and a majority of planetside 2 players play heavy assault quite a bit and have no problems dealing with maxes with c4/dumbfire rocket launcher/av grenade. (I'm a heavy assault press f to win scrub i know).

Even worse than max units are sky knights. When maxes are deleted, you just create a new problem of infantry farming aircraft with even less options to fight back.

I understand maxes can be frustrating, but so are many other things in this game. Removing MAXes from the game will just create a load of new balance problems
    • Up x 4
  16. Migs

Removing splash damage from AV Grenades and AV Rockets would be contradictory, especially for the grenades
  17. AxiomInsanity87

This thread wouldn't exist if that was the case.

And if that was the case, there'd be no issue would there lol.
    • Up x 1
  18. TheMish

No.
  19. ronjahn

I lol'd.

I wonder if rocket launchers weren't nerfed to **** if maxes would be running around causing everyone so much grief lately.
  20. TheMish

So you can spend your days pming me?