Yo devs do you take in account our suggestions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Devilllike, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Devilllike

I trully wonder do you devs and gms actually take seriously our suggestions and all the things we ask for?
  2. prodo123

They look at the issue tracker more. They've seriously considered one of my suggestions: scalable minimal on the screen.
  3. Liewec123

it took a year and a half for them to decide to stop striker from completely shutting down VS/NC air and armour.
    back then the entire of the forum was just striker threads, if you think they listen to suggestions then i'm afraid you're mistaken ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. Kristan

Here is your answer:
    Valkyrie, "reworked" Indar with new kind of lattice and redeployment system, reworked Drifter mechanics, some spawnrooms inside AMP stations and maybe few other things I forgot.
  5. HadesR

If you mean " Conquest " on PTS I'd put that down to yes them listening .... But to the wrong people :)
    • Up x 1
  6. eldarfalcongravtank

they closed down the suggestions subforum one year ago. i think this is proof enough that they dont care..
    • Up x 3
  7. Devilllike

Well we make so many suggestions and xD idk it seems like i dont see any answers from the devs themselves >< so why do we even make them maybe it sjust me idk maybe i didnt see any post yet but i did see some good suggestions and no answers fromt he devs themselves
  8. RykerStruvian

Based on what Matt Higby said post-SOE...I'm paraphrasing but he basically said "All the suggestions people on the forums have said are ideas we've already considered. The only difference is the execution of those ideas."

It's pretty true. While we cannot confirm 100% what they did or did not think of, the development team spent a lot of time going through -many- different possibilities on how to go about doing what they wanted to do as well as going about doing what they had to do. All these people would do is seriously sit down, shoot ideas to each other, and then see if one of those ideas could fit in with what they wanted to do with PS2. Sometimes, those ideas ended up having to get pushed back due to bugs. For instance, the game has empire specific buggies already designed/made even before the game was officially released in 2012. Yet we haven't seen them surface at all.

If I remember correctly, the dev team had to basically figure out A) how to keep people to keep playing B) how to get people to buy things from the cash store C) focus on bug fixes first, balance second, then new material. With development in particular, sometimes team members get pulled to work on other projects, people get sick, etc. They were looking for a UI programmer for a while for the PS4 version of PS2, it seemed like it took them practically forever before they finally found someone.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ragnarox

TR players whine too much so they are ignoring it.
  10. AlterEgo

I've suggested ES stuff for so long, but nothing happened...
    :(
    Now excuse me while I insert this gun in my mouth.
  11. FBVanu

Yes they do. That's how I got the "vehicle" tag into this forum, after they removed the vehicle threads..
    Radar responded and implemented it.

They do read what we put here, but lots of the things we suggest take time, meanwhile they are working on other things that are on the list from months ago.
  12. FieldMarshall

Probably not.

Remember the Ikanam Biolab changes that nobody wanted? Well they made a thread about it and asked for suggestions.
    Lots of replies was rage about how really really bad the changes would be if they made it live.
    Some were constructive and explained why it was a really stupid idea and solutions on how to fix it.
    What happened? They pushed the Ikanam changes into live without any changes or or even acknowledging any of the feedback in their thread.
    They didnt explain anything.

Remember implants on the roadmap?
    It had something like ~170 downvotes and ~60 upvotes. Tons of negative feedback. In short, most people didnt want it.
    What happened? Got pushed through to live anyway because they dotn really care what people think as long as it can be milked.

Remember the re-cert token on the roadmap?
    It was the #2 top voted/wanted item on the roadmap for a very long time.
    You would think something that (i assume) didnt require much effort to put in and people really want would make it into the game.
    What happneed? It was removed from the roadmap one day, and nobody said anything or acknowledged that it was gone or had been there.

So from what i have seen, no they dont care about suggestions or feedback.
    If they manage to change, great. Hard to get my hopes up with these guys after November 15th, 2005.
  13. Jawarisin

Nope.

The only place where at least it will be seen is reddit. But even then, it's mostly a masquerade.
  14. Jawarisin

To be honest though, most suggestings are retared.

Just about every "Buff AA" Thread is made by someone who spent less than an hour in an aircraft and can't muster a 0.5 k/d
    "Infiltrator OP" Was also a joke for a while, considering it's the least played class and heavy out classes it by far.

Thre's some legitimate things like the valkyrie that needed some love. But most of this forum is ignorance.
    Reddit will at least filter that a bit.