Kill-streak Ribbons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnGalt36, Jun 13, 2015.

1. JohnGalt36

How many kills do you have to get to trigger this? I've been trying to get my Force Recon directives done and I can't seem to get more Kill-streak ribbons. Do they have to be kills in quick succession? I ask people in game and get the answer "3" all the time, but I go much higher than 3 and don't get any more ribbons.

I just barely started paying attention to directives, so I have been disregarding the ribbon system up until this point, so please excuse my lack of knowledge.
  2. JohnGalt36

Anyone? Beuhler?
  3. FBVanu

I don't know the time frame, but it is related to a quick succession in which those kills have to occur.
    Otherwise you could kill three enemies in an hour, without ever dying, and you had a kill streak.
    There is a time limit to it.
  4. xthezerohunter

About 5 kills with in 20 seconds I think. The time I am unsure of but I know it's 5 kills.
  5. Iridar51

If I had to guess, I'd say it works like this:
    Killstreak Ribbon has a progress line, like 0 out of 10. When you earn a kill streak - kill 3 enemies without dying - you increase the counter by 1, so it becomes 1 out of 10. But only when you fill it completely for 10 out of 10 you actually get the ribbon, and progress resets.

Basically, the same logic to getting weapon ribbons. You don't get a ribbon for every kill you do, only for each tenth.
  6. JohnGalt36

Thanks, guys!
  7. ezaroo

You need 3 kills in a life (doesn't matter how long as far as I know) to get a kill streak bonus, you need 10 kill streak bonuses to get a ribbon.

You can only get one kill streak bonus per life (as far as I know - this may have a time limit attached) so it can be quite a long one to grind out.

So 3 kills per life in 10 lives to get a ribbon.

I may be wrong on the one bonus per life, however I do apparently have 443 of these ribbons and that's how I remember it working!
    • Up x 1
  8. Goretzu

I think it must work something like that, but I think there's either a timer on it or it goes by something like per battle/per respawn (maybe a redeploy counts as a life?) not life, as I think I've had repeated progress without dying occasionally.
  9. ezaroo

Sorry yes I was counting redeploys as a life there... My bad for not saying