[Suggestion] killed ESFs should crash into the ground, not explode mid air

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by cbplayer, Jun 9, 2015.

1. cbplayer

Don't you think it is a bit funny seeing a military grade super plane explode from a 0.50 cal bullet?

Instead of ESFs exploding from... pretty much anything (come on I know I had 1% hp left but a beamer finish me off?) They should instead be properly shot down and dramatically crash into the ground in a big, nice, fiery explosion, perhaps wiping a squad or 2.

Well unless you got hit by a tank shell (or getting ram by a galaxy) you basically would lose control of your ESF as it dives into the ground while blazing on fire, leaving a nice smokey trail of destruction
    From the inside view, the glass is crack, the electrons are on fire, and the head-ups-display is flashing on and off.
    The pilot have no control over over the aircraft, and cant even bail. The only thing the pilot can do is... just watch.
    Why?
    It looks cool in War Thunder
    • Up x 7
  2. Skooma Lord

Yes, yes I would love this. It would make air battles more dramatic and better looking.
  3. AxiomInsanity87

Have the engines completely fail and after 5 seconds, it explodes.

Or how about if an aircraft is finished by bullets, the above applies and if its with explosives or flak, then it explodes.
  4. Booface

This would be terrific. Only downside is it'd give pilots a bigger chance to bail out but with the recent changes to pilot-splats counting as kills and vehicles giving kill credit toward directives and rewards, it might be the right time.

Alternately, at the point where the ESF would have exploded just kill the pilot and turn it into basically a prop. Although I'd prefer that not be the solution, since it'd be pretty epic riding out the death spiral to the end.
    • Up x 1
  5. cbplayer

you cant bail because the ejection system are broken
    • Up x 1
  6. FateJH

/suicide
    • Up x 2
  7. cbplayer

libs gunners gona be like (0:50)
  8. AlterEgo

XD
    That was pretty epic.
  9. thingymajigy

But that would mean the cockpit is broken so you could just literally jump out.
  10. _itg

If they did implement this, they could credit the kill at the moment the ESF goes into crash mode. As the pilot, hopefully you'd have the option to ride it out or skip to the respawn screen. 3rd party observers wouldn't notice the difference.
    • Up x 2
  11. Yessme

That will Never be.
    Guys still whinne about the Performance and that animation, will let go the Performance more down..
  12. cbplayer

Would it really be that bad?
    It just a ESF without control, with more smoke than a damage one
    • Up x 1
  13. Jawarisin

Yes, that bad.

Also, did you think about debris? How would you feel when there's an airfight above, and the ground fight gets ****** by two dozens of ESF coming to crash on tanks in a death rattle.

And honestly... it's the same with tanks that die from burning, or from an explosive bolt crossbow.

I know this will never pass, but I think you should look at the technical side of why it won't
  14. Pikachu

I suggested this long ago. :L Only 1HK weapons should make aircraft explode in mid air, like vanguard and dalton.
  15. cbplayer

IT wouldn't seem hard to implement in the first place
  16. AxiomInsanity87

It would be cinematic though.

Think of the fluff!.
  17. Mezinov

I support this simply because it is more cinematic and this game needs more cinematic.

We already have a system for calculating ram damage, so nothing new needs to be generated for the ground impact. The explosion and debris splatter for ground collisions is already pretty, so nothing new needs to be generated there. We already have physics for loss of control, so nothing new here.

You can then make the system decide which "death" to play based on the killshot. If the shot hitting the aircraft is = or > x amount, it just explodes in air. If it is < x amount, it does death spiral. This means aircraft can pop to flak and dalton rounds, but crash down to walker and nosegun rounds.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ronin Oni

could lock the eject @ 0 health so if you woulda blown up before, you're still dead under new rules.
  19. cbplayer

yes
    do it like this
  20. TheBlindFreak

This is an awful idea. As if debris wasn't bad enough still?