If the reverse maneuver bug was fixed, what would change in the airgame?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

The hover mechanic is fine, but the reverse maneuver shouldn't exist. Also it is infact a bug that DBG can fix.
    • Up x 4
  2. Ronin Oni

frag off

RM maneuver is quintessential to PS2 air combat.

Everyone who enjoys flying loves it and would burn this mofo to the ground if they cut it.

If they were going to "fix it" the time to do that was 3 bloody years ago.

We;ve already got significant momentum physics added in now to deal with which changed a lot.

But you wouldn't know, because you don't fly.

So shut it. You do not speak for the pilots.
    • Up x 4
  3. Scr1nRusher

Thats hilarious & I do infact fly.
    • Up x 3
  4. Alarox

The reverse maneuver isn't a bug and isn't this sinful thing that needs to be "removed" from the game.

It's just changing to hover mode then turning quickly with afterburners.
    • Up x 2
  5. FateJH

SOE (yes, them) had committed a change that modified an aspect of flight intentionally design to adjust accessibility of the reverse maneuver, not making it impossible but tweaking the requirements needed to perform it. At this point, the reverse maneuver is hard to argue as a bug in the physics engine. Acknowledging it like this has transformed it into a feature in its own right.
    • Up x 3
  6. Scr1nRusher

Ever notice how the airgame isn't just about ESF's, but the reason why the "airgame" doesn't get better is due to the ESF?
  7. Alarox

1.) What does that mean?
    2.) What does that have to do with the reverse maneuver?

Just make your argument.

Ex: "I want DBG to remove the reverse maneuver by doing X because it will change Y which will improve the game because Z".
  8. Scr1nRusher

1) The "airgame" consists of all aircraft in the game, and the fact that the balance of power between them(whether that be against the ground or interms of counter and usages) is related to the ESF's role and usages in some way or another.

My argument for removing the reverse maneuver is that it would focus the ESF's role as A2A while smoothing out ESF gameplay interms of combat.

Also the reverse maneuver is just ridiculous interms of how it looks & how its impacted the skill cap for using ESF's & how its promoted such toxicity in a part of the community.
    • Up x 4
  9. IronFreedom

The reverse maneuver is a bug?
    • Up x 4
  10. Scr1nRusher

Yes it was.

SOE tried to fix it & the air chav's flipped there S***, and the bug fix didn't go through.
    • Up x 7
  11. Akashar

Yes, but as experienced players had already learnt to use it effectively, they kept it. Just like skiing in tribes.
    • Up x 3
  12. Ronin Oni

The only chav in here is you Skrin
  13. Scr1nRusher

"experienced players"

You mean the ones that have caused the "airgame" problems?

hahaha

I just want a open minded discussion.
    • Up x 2
  14. Dgross

Why such e-hate over a video game, bro?
    • Up x 3
  15. Ronin Oni

I'm just filled with hate in general.

You want me to play nice because internet? **** please.
  16. Ronin Oni

Well I'm pretty closed minded about this one.

DON'T. EFF. WITH. MY. ESF.

And Libs/Gals are fine.

Valks are in a weird spot but that's a multi-faceted problem, and it heavily, HEAVILY, relies on the RM more than anything. It out dances an ESF pretty well actually.

Dog fighting does not belong in this game. Not in the traditional sense. Dogfighting is lame frankly.

Air Ballet is god damn glorious though.
    • Up x 1
  17. Czarinov

Source?

Reverse maneuver is a direct effect of Hover mechanics. How can someone see RM as a bug is beyond my understanding. It's like saying that running, jumping, riding a vehicle, FORWARD flying are all bugs. Basic physics from midschools are enough to understand how RM works...
    • Up x 1
  18. TerminalT6

The way I see it, removing RM will make dogfights take several times longer, and give whoever has the more maneuverable aircraft the edge (in terms of a chase). It kind of sounds like a conspiracy to occupy pilots in the air so that A2G farming stops.

Honestly, removing it doesn't really "fix" anything. A more skilled pilot will still outmaneuver a new player without the RM.
  19. Akashar

That was not ill used, trust me. Reverse manoeuver only influence ESF to ESF combat, so I don't see why it is a problem with the air game in general, as you seem to imply...

My problem about esf has always been that they are not planes, they're small helicopters. And that's completely stupid. All of them should have had a minimal speed below which they crashed, of at least 150 kph. (Kinda like the WWI planes that they fail to surpass in every possible way).
    Their max speed would have ben something like 400 kph, their weapons much more powerful, but harder to use as they would not be able, in any case, to hover. And the AA solutions would have been more interesting, and not as stupid as the crappy skyguard. I mean, the bullet drop on this and the velocity is so poor I'm not entirely sure you can't lobe shell above a hill on landed aircrafts on the other side.

The problem in this game is not the reverse manoeuver in itself, it is that never the devs have ever stopped to think "hey, maybe people don't want to be vulnerable all the time to everything? Let's build more protected bases!" Naaah, they made every base a shooting gallery for tanks and esfs, and then were surprised when people complained. So they nerfed their weapons to the point that honestly, as a war thunder player also, I can clearly see myself with a WWI plane wrecking the **** out of a full platoon of whatever you would like to send to me. All this just because they did not want to change things deeply in the ways the bases worked.

It seems we are stuck forever in a game that claims "epic battles everywhere" and we end with 300 players in bases with no real inside parts, that were already too small for a 24/24 fight. It's like playing iceworld in CS 1.6 with 16 players on each side+ tanks and planes shelling you. What a good game, oh, so really good.
  20. Yessme

Man ur next Thread about ESF in 1 Week, how much u wanna make it? Devs should bann u for Spam that forum.....

Why not ur parents fix that Bug, that u still here? u shouldn`t exist in that Game, plz fix that bug........

And the next time take ur Brain, hoover is fine but reverse schouldn`t exist????
    U know revers is a point of hoover mechaniks? no hoover no revers / no revers no hoover, omg

PLZ leav that game, fix that bug, remove ur self from this lobby, ur threads shouldn`t exist.....