Stop neglecting the adrenaline pump!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CapEnTrade, Jun 9, 2015.

1. HadesR

Because ZOE didn't teach us that to much of a speed increase is bad ?

100% faster ADADAD spam ? Oh joy
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

Very well then, do not apply it to strafing. Also add it to jumping. Jump higher and longer.
    • Up x 1
  3. JonboyX

Light assault should just have this as a passive anyway.
    Plus, if the ability only affects forward direction, then it won't benefit ADADCrouch macro players.

And again, maxes should be -20% foot speed.
    • Up x 1
  4. HadesR

Shouldn't be applied to any player movement IMO, not a boost that great .. Reloading , weapon swap, maybe things like Shield / Jetpack / Heal / cloak recharge, ... Non movement based speed increases.

Maybe a slight increase in movement speed ( say another 10% ) but a greater increase ( maybe tiered ) of non-movement aspects.
  5. Goretzu

Adrenaline Pump should basically be removed and the class run speeds reworked along PS1 lines instead.

So:

Inf + LA getting a base +ve to run speed
    Engi + Medic getting current base run speed
    HA (&MAX) getting -ve to base run speed
  6. Mongychops

My suggestion is to change arenaline pump to give three benefits:

• +10% sprint speed (as current)
    • -10% reload time (new)
    • -10% weapon swap delay (new)
    The purpose of these changes are to complement a high speed aggressive play-style.
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

alternatively, make adrenaline pump cost 300 certs but make it a passive ability.

just like triage. we all know triage sucks just as much. but it's saving grace is that it's passive and thus always on. there's no opportunity cost involved in your decision to invest in it as you do not forgo better alternatives (in the long run at least, when not counting in cert costs)
    • Up x 2
  8. \m/SLAYER\m/

make it like adrenaline shield - full recharge after melee kill
  9. Dgross

20 people = the community?

Impressive sample size you have there...
  10. tf2hero

if they wanted the adrenaline pump to be at least usable, turn it into the surge implant form ps1 (post nerf that is)
  11. AxiomInsanity87

Maybe give it 1 extra level to make it up to 20%?.

The thing is that people could then abuse latency and speed tank in the wrong way lol.
  12. CapEnTrade

The use of that latency excuse is overused and frankly a non-issue.
    Things can move fast and still be hit and even 30% is really not that much more speed.
  13. CapEnTrade

There's a difference when you talk about a unit with FAR superior firepower, life, resistance, etc.
    It's not such a big deal on simple infantry and you must consider only LA, medic, and infiltrator can use it, not all the classes.
  14. CapEnTrade

Previously, on Stop neglecting the Adrenaline Pump...
  15. AxiomInsanity87

True yeah.

Yeah i'll buy that, sounds good lol.
  16. CapEnTrade

Further the ability to better dodge and maneuver from bullets while running is really one of the points of using such a suite slot if it were good. It has to have this sort of value to be a viable choice over other suite slots.

Nanoweave - take less damage
    Adrenaline pump - get hit less (if used right)
    • Up x 1
  17. LT_Latency

I like AP with shotguns and SMGs on LA.

You want to be able to get in range fast and run away if you get caught in the open.

Also you don't have to worry about someone coming from behind while you are running around like a mad man in towers
  18. Goretzu

PS2 just doesn't handle it well though, at a certain point it basically just breaks in PS2, which is exactly why Drifter Jets were buffed then nerfed before they even got off the PT server.

Once ADADing comes into it then it just becomes even worse still due to the way clientside works.

I don't know that +20% would be enough, to cause a problem, but if you're moving to 30%+ then I suspect it would start to cause big problems.
  19. CapEnTrade

I disagree, drifters move roughly 30% faster than sprint right now and they can be shot just fine.
    That being said, I think Adrenaline pump should play out like this...

lvl 1 > 30 certs > 10% movement speed increase across the board.
    lvl 2 > 100 certs > 18% faster sprint speed, 11% for everything else.
    lvl 3 > 250 certs > 26% faster sprint speed, 12% for everything else.
    lvl 4 > 500 certs > while using wieldable knifes, walk speed increases an additional 8%.

(also, going to mention here that wieldable knives need a little more range, just spitting that out.)
  20. Liewec123

its actually quite handy on a stalker infil when you let someone run past you, it allows you to catch up and shoot him in the back :D
    i also had a bit of fun with it on LA, but gotta agree it could use a buff.
    maybe 3 ranks? rank1 10%, rank 2 15%, rank 3 20%?