[Suggestion] Don't be a RACIST Plz.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BayYou, Jun 8, 2015.

1. BayYou

Hello, Auraxians.
    I introduce myself, first. I play PS2 on Connery server as NC. I play PS2 since Nov.2013 on S.Korea. Also I lead the outfit 'Korean Freedom Security Agency[KFSA]'

These days, some people sent me whisper like this.

"F***ing Koreans! Go to ur own server. Don't make the laggging!"

I don't know why I recieved that whisper. But I knew about that now. Few months ago, FPS Korea launched on Connery VS, after that some people hate Koreans. Because they might use cheat program. Actually I felt like that. Maybe they did stat padding for taking Betelgeuse. But I told you like this. [FPSK] and [KFSA] members are different users.

Most of [KFSA] users have started PS2 before Korean national server opened. Also my outfit members respect the culture which made by native Connery server users. And respect players whom play the PS2.

Some users felt ping problem. Their moving and shooting. I know, I felt that same.

Koreans who are playing on NC are doing best for the faction. Not stat padding. NC Koreans run into the combat point first, and rush to point like you.
    So I wanna tell you this. Don't be racist. Just blame them whom use cheat and report them.

P.S. I am not native English speaker. So my English isn't good. Plz understand.

Thanks for reading this **** thread!
    • Up x 12
  2. stalkish

I wouldnt take it personally, gamers will rage at any target when they loose, the words mean nothing essentially.

If Korea has a dedicated Korean PS2 server, one could ask why this is not used by all Koreans, however seeing the Pro7 shenanigans im not suprised why you'd want to use DGC servers, i was exactly the same with pro7.

Your english is legible and easy to understand, waaaay better than my Korean ;), good going.
    • Up x 3
  3. FocusLight

Thanks to your tread title I have skimmed your post, but the gist of it, if I understood you right, goes like this:

"Hi, I am from Korea, I play for Connery NC, and some Connery VS sent me angry whispers regarding Koreans due to a stereotype.

This is racist. Koreans are awesome because we push the objective and bla bla bla."

Sorry man, but read the following line as many times as you need to to get the response to this:

What you have experienced is negative stereotyping, this is different from racism.

Blaming Koreans for being cheaters or agents for foul-play is not racist, it's a childish stereotype. There is a difference. Accusing people who dislike cheaters and blame all Koreans for the trouble they face while gaming of being racist, are about as accurate and acceptable as accusing anyone that claims all Russians to be cheaters of being racist as well.

That is, it's not acceptable. Ever.

Truth of the matter is that some Russians do cheat in some games, this is PROVEN, I have seen this myself. I played Lineage II back when the biggest servers were dominated by large Russian guilds with numerous bot-trains around - player characters running on scripts to farm mobs and adena. (Money.) Likewise, I played EVE Online back when Red Alliance and a few other Russian alliances were known to run bots around null-sec ratting for ISK 23/7. I've seen plenty of other Russians however that don't give me any reason to assume foul play, and I've played with loads of them, for instance there are a number of Russians on Cobalt, and IIRC we got a couple in BAWC.

As for Koreans, I've yet to run into any players in any games that A) I knew for a fact was Korean and B) I had a reason to suspect of foul play, but I have run into plenty who seem to take playing their games to an unhealthy level, and sometimes have bad connections. The combination of high ping and over-developed player skills can lead many to suspect foul play.

This is very unfortunate, but for people to fall back to a stereotype that has an origin and a reason to exist, no matter how much it may or may not apply in PS2 is not racist, it's merely a fact in gaming. Don't go accusing people of serious stuff like racism so easily and frivolously, it cheapens the term and leads to a load of false assumptions and bad blood - for instance, your apparent eagerness to accuse people you have never even met of being racist because you are Korean already paint you as a cry-baby eager to slander people on a hair-trigger for minor offenses. I'm confident this is not the case, but the impression exist all the same.

Sadly, like many others you will have to deal with this. If anyone is getting persistent, put them on ignore and move on with your game-play. It really don't matter how much anyone things you are cheating so long as YOU DON'T ACTUALLY CHEAT.
    • Up x 4
  4. Pirbi

People are the worst.
  5. Rivenshield

1) Koreans are the biggest doggone racists in the online world. Anyone who's played any Koreans FPS or MMORPG in the past decade is well aware of this.

2) I play Connery, and there's never been any complaint about Koreans. I suspect OP is full of it.
  6. AlterEgo

? Your English is modestly good, man. And anyways, the VS leader is Asian, so their argument is irrelevant. Enjoy the game, man, and whomever tries to spoil it can go to hell. Racism does still exist, but hey, they're a minority, now.
    • Up x 1
  7. TheBlindFreak

Well, if you're playing on a server that isn't in or near your region, you will have higher latency. How is that racist?
    • Up x 2
  8. ColonelChingles

The irony of this statement made my morning. :p

"But that's not racism, that's a fact!" Hehe.
    • Up x 1
  9. Pelojian

OP haters gonna hate the best way to fight back is to completely ignore anyone that sends you racist messages ingame or out of it.

Do not make any responses to them as they will take it as a sign that their statement has hurt or offended you.

Racists only win when they know they got a reaction from you.
  10. AxiomInsanity87

It's ok mate.

I am British, therefore i have black teeth, live in a castle and wear a suit. I have tea for blood and caring about how the British empire gave up on it's war against the USA is all i care about and all i know.

Also the whole 'cheeky nandos' thing. Yes we all say that and soon we will have to have it tattooed to our foreheads by law. It's much more than just a cool kids thing to say, it's a way of life.

;)
    • Up x 2
  11. Crator

^ Pretty much this.
  12. Humhermit

No one cares that you're korean. It's your ping. It's not fun playing against people with bad ping.

Thus the "don't make the lagging" complaints.
    • Up x 4
  13. FieldMarshall

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  14. belthazor3457

People spam with rude messages and slurs all the time - I've hit the point where I take it as flattery and usually respond with "Yeeees, let the ******** flow through you!" or "your anguish sustains me" - because, you know, I'm secretly Emperor Palpatine and have a big black hooded bath-robe and ominous music plays when I walk around doing stuff.

In BF2, 2142, 3, 4, and Hardline, I've been kicked and/or banned from many servers for the horrendous crimes of knifekilling the admin, C4ing the admin's tank, telling someone their tactics were wrong after a hackusation, etc.

In world of warcraft I once saw an engineer trying to sell engineer-use-only copper bombs in trade chat. I PM'd him he'd never make any money doing that, then wrote him a letter with instructions on leveling mining with his engineering + 50 starting gold and some ore to fund it. Then PM'd him again saying I had sent him some stuff in the mail to help - and found out he had chatblocked me (Which is also mailblock, so no goodies for him).

Like some people hack but not everyone hacks (and it is a legitimate problem, I remember the horrors of Modern Warfare 2 on PC...) much the same, some rage and some don't. 'net's a diverse place. I've been called most racial slurs in the book, at this point I just find it amusing.

Though if I might add some critique to your post:

"Don't be a RACIST Plz."

Titling your thread with one or two capitalized words to draw attention to their importance, like "think of the CHILDREN" or "save INNOCENT CHILDREN from **STARVING**" can come across as a manipulative pull on heart-strings to those that are fed up with a lot of media overuse of buzzwords. You're use of "~*RACIST*~" comes off as a buzzword - blaming someone for cross-region latency effects isn't the same thing as racism. Being refused service in a restaurant due to your skin color is.
    • Up x 1
  15. ShineOut

Good thing you have not been by the reddit lately, woooh.
  16. Kirppu1

i am finnish, i hate russians and i always wish that 2nd winter war would happen, i also drink booze and go to sauna, i have a blonde hair and there are polarbears on my doorstep(that i attack to russia with) also i am totally serious right now
    • Up x 3
  17. Lucidius134

I think the only real concern would be latency honestly. It's not racist if they're annoyed with your latency connecting from a third of the planet away over an ocean.

That being said, often times people are just racist because?
    • Up x 1
  18. Liewec123

bummer :(
    though i do find most MMO hackers, farmers and bots are indeed korean,
    (my old WoW account was hacked twice, koreans, my email was hacked once...koreans.)
    people need to understand that not everyone is the same.

though the ping is actually an issue, people shouldn't be racist,
    but bad ping will make shooting you not register and you'll be killing us before we see you come around the corner.
  19. HamOnRye

Two Things

1. The players of Connery despise you because of your excessive use of in game "cheese" (Shotguns, Scatmaxes, etc, etc etc) and your ridiculous ping that makes you warp all over the damn place.

2. I spent 2 years stationed at Osan, so don't even pretend to lecture the "West" about racism, unless you want me to fill page after page personal examples of "Korean Hospitality". For example I still remember a recent Korean pop singers not so subtle comments about US servicemen needing to be shot in a firing squad.
  20. Jbrain

Op it sounds like they were not exactly being racist after re-reading your post several times it seems to me that they are mad that Koreans are playing on a server not meant for them and its causing some very high pings and in turn warping around.

So im guess when they said something about Koreans they were mainly referring to the high lag by you playing from korea and not you as a race. What I don't get is if korea has their own server why not play there ? has to be better connection.