[Suggestion] 2 very simple changes to the Valkyrie & Spitfire

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jun 4, 2015.

1. 00000000000000000000

You ever play TF2?

[IMG]

I would say Minisentries are spammed pretty badly and you can only have 1 at a time.

A 3 minute cooldown isn't as bad provided it starts as soon as you place the sentry (so if it lives 3 minutes and then dies you can place it immediately) Guess I should have said when the cooldown starts.
  2. Scr1nRusher

TF2 turrets =/= Spitfires.

Also think how a long cooldown would impact defensive situations.
  3. axiom537

I do not have fear, but rather an opinion based on logic and critical thinking...how about you stop with the irrational rhetoric...
  4. Scr1nRusher

right.......
  5. Tycoh

Am i reading these comments right?

There are people who are refusing the tiniest buffs for the Worst Vehicle and Worst Deployable in this game? They're not going to be overpowered with these tiny changes! A Valkyrie will still be a flying paper origami swan and the Spitfire will still tickle the enemies ineffectively no matter how many times a player spawns it. What's wrong with you!?
    • Up x 4
  6. 00000000000000000000

Uh, probably not much at all considering spitfires aren't too big of a threat in the first place.

1 Spitfire is never a threat. 2 are significantly more threatening. 4+ will probably kill me if I try to rush them.

Make them as easily placed as a regular turret and they are going to be a lot more common, and in big fights you are going to see engineers+spitfires everywhere.

The more I think about it the more I think requiring a resupply is the best way to do it, with maybe a minor damage buff.
  7. OldMaster80

Im a big Valkyrie lover and I use it whenever I can even it always causes my death.
    The Valkyrie only has one huge problem: it takes too much damage from everything. Make squad logistic system passive and it won't solve anything: there will never be a place in this game for the Valkyrie as long as tanks and Liberators can cut down its hp by 90% with one single shot. It's so fragile that it doesn't matter what you put in the defensive slot: Composite armor does not help against vehicles weapons, Auto repair has no time to kick in and Hover Frame is just bad because lack of speed makes even easier targets.

Valkyrie needs another HUGE resistance buff, that's all.

One simply cannot transport troops effectively because there is no time to lower on the ground or clear the landing area. Ok it can be repaired from the rumble seats and there is the 4-Striker Valkyrie but we all know a vehicle relying on a specific combination of classes to surive will never be popular.
  8. Scr1nRusher

Whats wrong with the spitfire becoming more commonly seen? Thats a sign that its a viable option.

Requiring a resupply is shooting the spitfire in the foot.
  9. Scr1nRusher

The Valkyrie is about speed & mobility rather then durability.

Also consider how building in squad logistics would free up the utility spot.
  10. OldMaster80

I'm not saying it has to tank under fire for 5 minutes but it simply burns to quickly to achieve anything. Even if you free the Utility Slot what can you get? Max flares or fire suppression and it doesn't change anything: still you explode at the second Liberator / Tank shot.

Try this experiment (maybe on the Test Server): put Fire Suppression and Hover Frame then get close to a medium sized battle. You must retreat immediately.

When you lose 70-90% of your hp in one shot there is nothing to do: once the enemy reloaded and released the second shot you gave him/her 6 easy kills.

I think I am the only ony one flying with Fire Suppression Composite Armor and Hover Frame but I am a masochist: it just doesn't work most of times I just find myself forced to drop / retreat before my gunner /passengers can even react.
  11. Scr1nRusher

Evasive frame is better then hover frame.

Also, your under estimating what a freed up utility slot could do.
  12. Scr1nRusher

yes..... yes you are.
  13. 00000000000000000000

So PPA was just a "Viable option" right?

Being commonly seen has nothing to do with game balance. Battlegals are super strong but also very rare.

I really don't think requiring a resupply is that bad, and it allows them to buff its damage to a more respectable level without fear of spitfires being everywhere.
  14. Scr1nRusher

woah woah.

Did you just compare the old PPA to a spitfire? are you serious?

Also, spitfires wouldn't be "everywhere", your irrationally being afraid.
  15. 00000000000000000000

Just commenting that how often something is used does not determine how balanced it is.

Make them super easy to place/replace and they will be. That's not irrational that's just common sense.

I probably wont reply to this thread anymore as I've given my 2 cents and I don't think you will stop.
  16. Scr1nRusher

So you quit because I kept shooting down your attempts to try to make a really simple & balanced change look unbalanced?
  17. OldMaster80

I do not underestimate it: I play it every day and i see on my own skin it's not enough to make the Valkyrie viable. Neither max Fire Suppression can solve that vehicle's issues.
  18. Scr1nRusher

Making squad logistics a passive system is a step forward.

Also...... they should allow MAX's to ride in valks.
  19. BrbImAFK

At this point in the thread, considering some of the "suggestions" now present, all one can say is this :

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  20. Tycoh

All you are proving is that you're a troll that needs to feed on someone's butt hurt, dude.

Making the squad logistics a passive attribute and removing the spitfire stock restriction is a step in the right direction. You haven't really provided a point that shows that this is going to make either of them overpowered or unneeded. Valkyries need everything they can get so they can do their job SUCCESSFULLY and the spitfire needs to do its job other than being an easy immobile target.
    • Up x 1