[Suggestion] 2 very simple changes to the Valkyrie & Spitfire

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Valkyrie:

• Squad Logistics is now a built in/automatic system in the Valkyrie. Certs have been refunded.
    Spitfire:
    • No longer needs to be resupplied, it is now on a cooldown like the other engineer turrets.

_____________________________________________________________________________

DBG its that simple.
    • Up x 6
  2. BrbImAFK

Valkyrie - No. Cert cost isn't massive. Pony up or do without. Personally, I'd prefer if it didn't have squad logistics at all. We've already got the Galaxy. No reason a whole squad should be able to spawn into and jump out of a single Valk.

Spitwad - Yes. Maybe a longer cooldown (double or triple), but yes, YES! Also needs to be redesigned to be smaller. Even ignoring that it's a huge frikkin' target, putting that massive body on that teeny tripod just looks silly. Also needs to be tweaked some. Almost useless in current incarnation.
    • Up x 2
  3. Scr1nRusher

The Spitfire doesn't need a massively longer cooldown.

Also the Valk fits 6 people, thats not a "whole squad" which is 12 people.

Squad Logistics being a built in system has been the most requested buff to the valk since it came out.
    • Up x 1
  4. BrbImAFK

"massively longer" hardly applies, when you're talking of moving from a 10-odd-second cooldown to a 20-30sec cooldown. I don't think being able to move a Spitty every 20-30 secs is exactly unreasonable, do you?!

If it's got squad spawn, so long as they keep jumping, you can poop out a whole squad in like 10 secs or less. Which was my point. And just because it's "most requested" doesn't mean it's a good idea. People are dumb, hyperreactive, whiny animals, and you know it! :D
    • Up x 3
  5. Scr1nRusher

The spitfire even on a cooldown wouldn't be more powerful.

Also, Squad logistics should be a passive/built in system.

BTW, look how the sunderer AMS module being built in worked out.
    • Up x 1
  6. BrbImAFK

• Up x 1
  7. Scr1nRusher

8. Scr1nRusher

9. 00000000000000000000

I see no reason not to agree with these changes provided the spitfires recharge time is something like 3 minutes (faster if you go back and resupply manually)
  10. Scr1nRusher

It doesn't need 3 minutes of cooldown, thats insane.

The cooldown of the regular engineer turrets should do.
  11. Shaggath

It was a solution to prevent permanent turret spam on building.
  12. Scr1nRusher

You can't "spam" something that you only have 1 of.
  13. Battlewrath

Heh, that's what you think!

Still, check out my threat [Suggestion][Logistics] where I address the squad support item and substitute other items, so you have to choose tactically what you can do, spawn squad members or say, drop off a harasser
  14. Scr1nRusher

"thats what you think"?

Have you see what your proposing? the amount of dev time in total would be crazy,
  15. Battlewrath

Maybe, but I want to see it raining tanks. :(
  16. Scr1nRusher

Loadstar module for galaxy could work.
  17. NCPredatorus

100% Agree

Automatic Squad Logistics and, Fire Suppresion on Defense Slot.
  18. whitupiggu

The limit on spitfires is most likely to ensure it is used defensively. Removing the limit would likely end up encouraging turret creeping.
  19. axiom537

Squad Logistics is a must change to the Valkerie...

I would rather see spitfires be able to be placed on any flat surface, such as walls or ceilings, which would help get them out of the way and make them less obvious...I don't think allowing them to be placed indefinitely even on a timer is a good idea...
    • Up x 1
  20. Scr1nRusher

You act like thats a bad thing.

They are spitfires. Stop with the irrational fear that turned them into crap in the first place.
    • Up x 1