How the hell did Ravens escape the nerf hammer?!?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldMaster80, May 30, 2015.

1. Pelojian

The only worthwhile fix would be to ether bring down their damage to fracture level or reduce their accuracy greatly and then buff fractures so they aren't the combination of all downsides with a minor upside of a larger clip (remind anyone of the striker?)

seriously TR AV needs a rework so you know our MAX/HA AV/AA don't have all the downsides while NC and VS get all the upsides.
    • Up x 1
  2. Taemien

I think VS and TR should stop being noobs and adapt to it. Because if you quit, I win. If you don't want me to win, then don't quit, don't complain, and fight instead.
    • Up x 1
  3. AlterEgo

Your post makes me happy. Buff everything! Buff for you (Ax), buff for you (Master), buff for you (Haquim), buff for you (Ryker), buff for you (Liewic), buff for you (Rusher), buff for you (Slayer), buff for you (Consin), buff for you (Hades), buff for you (Vixxing), buff for you (T0x), buff for everyone else, and buff for me!
  4. Liewec123

they should NEVER decrease the accuracy, but if they reduce the rate of fire or make the reload longer than that will lower the damage.
    fractures are actually alright, what makes them useless is the way your character wobbles when firing (making it impossible to hit distant targets) if they removed the wobble then fractures would actually be pretty competitive.
  5. OldMaster80

If you bring arguments then at least depict the whole picture: the turrets must be deployed which is not easy depending on the terrain. They have very limited turning radius, make the Engineer extremely vulnerable as they do not offer any protection. It's not uncommon being oneshotted while gunning the turret.

You can't even compare AV Mana and Ravens, the only thing they have in common is they are anti vehicle, but Ravens are definitely superior. When we fight NC we NEVER see AV turrets nor Phoenix, but seeing 3-4 Ravens in line on top of a hill or a base hundreds of mts away is every day story. They make a "no pass zone" for the simple reason they shoot from a such a distance they can barely be seen.

I usually do not cry for nerfs, but this is not balanced at all. Look at this, come on, that Max is destroying my Sunderer and it's so far it's 2 pixels on my screen.

[IMG]
  6. Vargs

Anti-Materiel rifle is going to hit Ravens harder than anything else so I'm not too worried about them. Long range sustained dps MAX weapon that forces them to stay out of cover for long periods, and encourages them not to move around much? Sounds like potentially the easiest way to get MAX kills in the game.
  7. TheKhopesh

I would just like to take this time to point out that the Phoenix is still really broken.
    (This issue has been around since release, and is still a major issue.)

8. xthezerohunter

I agree with what you're saying but I still see AV Mana Turrets as more destructive things. Killing the engi behind it isn't an issue but the turret is still there, and a lot of times a friendly turret is just sitting out in the open flocks of people run to the direction it's pointing because it has to be there for a reason. Now there's a zerg in-bound to the sunderer, which is more disruptive than a Raven. Cert cost is half. A group of Ravens eyes locked on the enemy column coming does make quick work but I've seen a group of AV turrets do the same. I've seen a group of AV Turrets blow up aircraft and deter entire enemy squads from galdropping. AV Turrets don't require Nanites, don't necessarily require "ammo" and do more damage to infantry as well.
  9. Idiocy

Picture this: You're defending a base, the enemy has vehicles. You have two decent(on paper) options.

1: AV turret.
    2: Raven MAX.

The AV turret user will get sniped before he has fired his 3rd shot.
    The Raven MAX will bob and weave and keep on firing those guided missiles.

Which one do you think is more effective? There's so very few situations where the AV turret would be a superior option.
    • Up x 1
  10. toast2250

You see, this game's motto is my weapons suck lets make others the same.

It all started with ZOE, when Higby went on with his mlg charts balancing rampage.
    I'm not gonna deny anymore that I also so badly wanted to see ZOE nerfed and people whine and cry about it.

Its not like they didn't need balancing, but the way they were balanced was to be almost surely expected. They leveled it flat and bland,.. bwahaha!

I am so sorry ZOE! I am so sorry, o the horror, THE HORROR!
  11. SinJackal

wut? You only have to be on your turret for a few seconds at most to fire off and land a shot and you can move off of it immediately after and redeploy it anywhere you want for no nanite cost. And we're talking about a hand controlled/guided weapon that does tank AP damage and often doesn't render so you can't even be shot back at.

Annnnd unlike the Ravens, those weapons were actually huge problems that needed to be addressed way sooner than they actually were.

As for "every faction gets it so it's okay", I don't agree with that. Everyone gets shotguns, and shotguns kill too quickly and easily compared to everything else.

Also, AV turrets -are- worse (aka more of a problem) than Ravens because they cost half the certs to unlock and no nanites to pull or deploy. You can also spawn beacon in with them, unlike Ravens. Ravens being used are also very loud and flashy with smoke trails behind them to pinpointing where one is, is VERY easy. Unlike AV turrets which make one noise and have no smoke trail and a small projectile that isn't flashy at all.

So while the potential damage of a Raven unit is higher, they are actually at least somewhat limited in their ability to be used and are bigger/more obvious targets. AV turrets are only limited by terrain and barely. This is why you see way more AV turret spam than AV MAX spam on any faction (besides maybe Comets which are the best "cheap" option). Or wait, do you actually see this stuff? Do you tank? Because you think VS AV sucks. .but uh. . .Comets? They are pretty good dude as are Lancers. TR also gets super powerful lockdown AP which blows all other AV DPS out of the water that isn't on an ESF or Liberator. So while you're harping on MAX AV comparisons, you're forgetting TR has another option for the same nanite cost which blows Raven/Comet/Vortex out of the water in damage AND range.

Look at the full picture. No faction is wanting for more AV damage. AV does not need buffs since there are so many sources of very effective AV.
    • Up x 1
  12. salembeats

Because any time you hop on one and survive long enough to fire a shot, you should thank your lucky stars that there isn't a competent sniper around to blow your dome off. You're basically relinquishing all control of whether you survive or not to random chance.

I don't really have much opinion on where Ravens stand, but that's the balancing factor of the AV Turret, FWIW.
    • Up x 1
  13. Idiocy

ITT: NC who say that their broken AV is balanced.
  14. nukularZ

The same way TR and NC have adapted to VS LMGs? Oh wait...
  15. BrbImAFK

Agreed. Raven is WAY more OP than e.g. Orion (or especially the Butcher!), and look what they've done to those!

And let's not even get started on the BS that is the splatmax! DBG need to get their brains in gear.
  16. Taemien

I have, what is your point?

If you can find one thread I started, calling for a nerf, you get a card code for 1000 DBC. Unlike the zerglings in these forums, I don't cry for nerfs, I adapt and beat them another way.
  17. Jake the Dog

If an AV turret hits my tank at anything other than full health its dead. I will wait for you to A. get back on for your second shot (as people have learned to do) or B. Wait for your second turret you thought you'd set up 10m away from the original thinking that I wouldn't see you. Either way you're not winning. 1 tank round and your dead.

If a Raven max is hitting my tank Im doing one of two things, A. Hoping he stands still or travels in a predictable fashion or B. Find a new fight because my tank just became useless. C. Trying to find ways to out of a highly mobile AV platforms firing arc that can go places that you can't return fire at.

Unless the raven max is an utter moron there's no winning against them. The good ones will sit where tank shells can not physically hit and plink your vehicle to death. To quote one of my friends after he got pissed off at the air nerf, "Im going to use the cheesiest weapon out there until they fix aircraft." He chose coyotes and ravens.
  18. ScampiiGearbox

Hey how about we trade the ravens for a not shotgun option for AI? Yeah we can blow up tanks for days but when it comes to pushing or defending a point NC maxes are a complete joke! Any time NC tries a max crash it's just a stream of free credits to either the TR or VS because by the time they get to a range where they become dangerous over half the wave is clumps of metal on the floor!

I'd rather have a max that is worth the resource cost when it comes to capping points, you know.. the whole objective this games revolves around?
  19. RykerStruvian

That is really depressing. I didn't realize the phoenix was actually having this problem...I always thought it was me missing, but...

:(
    • Up x 1
  20. Idiocy

Oooh guess that's why I rarely see more than one hopeful bloke using Phoenix.