NS Black OP's.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, May 27, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

• Up x 1
  2. AxiomInsanity87

I can see the black ops farming for new Pokémon already.

But yeah it will be fun.
  3. Liberty

The prestige system (mentioned) will never work except for the most hardcore of players. Having a cert reset is pretty insane given the time it will take the average player to cert out his or her character. Personally, I'm just shy of 200,000 certs on my main I have all infantry class upgrades, most lightning upgrades (still missing a few 1000 cert ammo upgrades) some MBT upgrades (main cannons maxed, 2 or 3 secondary's maxed). From there, I have a lot of "core stuff" (armor slots, utility that I actually use) Maxed but weapons for the flash, harasser, ESF, Galaxy and Liberator are few and far between. Lots of rank 3 or 4 type things.

The black op's thing seems sort of appealing if they were to release a new generation of NS weapons with 143 dmg @ 750 RoF and 35 rounds per mag (55 for LMG). I think for the average player who might be interested in this, it will seem unappealing when they are stuck with the lowest (or near lowest, silly Corvus!) in class DPS weapons. While some people are fine with NS weapons (myself being one of them) I feel like the idea will gain more popularity with slightly better / more diverse weapon options.
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

its not really a reset (well i wouldn't expect it to be),
    effectively it will work like rank 101-200 but it might just be called rank 1-100 and you'll get unique rewards as you level
    • Up x 1
  5. OldMaster80

• Up x 1
  6. Skooma Lord

If they eventually come out with the "N.S. Black Ops" I think they should be droids because as far as I know N.S. are not a mercenary group, just weapon, vehicle and munition makers. I think it would fit in more than making them human in my opinion.
  7. Cinnamon

Interestingly there are no NS frag grenades or bolt action sniper rifles. You would probably want to play infiltrator to avoid all the TKs.
  8. Liberty

That would certainly be the way to do it. I just read : Most are some variation of letting you reset your level and unlocks (non-weapon for us)

Which I took as "You will keep your weapons but suit slots, attachments, utility, etc etc" get reset.
  9. _itg

I really want this sooner rather than later. It's torture trying to find a fight as Connery NC at off hours. Balancing the populations would go a long way toward creating more action.
  10. tf2hero

11. Gemenai

I would like to have long known and existing bugs exterminated and the announced new stuff until now be implemented, before anything other. One announcement after another without providing anything of it in the better sooner than later future.

Also cert reset? No thanks!
    I wouldn't go through certing my whole character and vehicles again, just for the sake of some ******, shiny armor, camo or worse than a sidegrade sparkling weapon.
  12. Bhudda V1

pretty much everything to do with black ops sounds cool and needed.

if I am correct what the dev's are suggesting is you lose all weapons, wipes medal's/arauxiums for all weapons on your char you keep all cert bought suit slots, chassis, utilities and such just re buy the weapons and attachments for cosmetic stuff.

not sure how i feel on losing all my weapons, but what about weapons that are bought with daybreak cash? do i lose those too?
  13. RedArmy

the whole idea of black ops would be game-breaking for me. weather i have access to my own teams guns, NS or enemy teams guns. i dont want this at all. i play TR cuz i like TR, last thing i need is more lack of driven people on my team. sure the ability to aquire more directives without having to change charactors would be nice, but im too set in my ways and i dont wanna see an influx of litteral fourth factioners popping all over the place. its loyalty until death, not well my teams losing ima hop over to VS for the next few hours.
  14. Grumblefern

Lol @ cert reset. There are a few crazy players that no doubt will do it as they spend enough on membership and boosts and know the game well enough to farm a BR 100 in a week or a month or whatever, but it seems like a waste of time to cater to such a tiny number of players.

The NS mercenary thing has been suggested quite a few times including, I think, in a Wrel video. Interesting to see they're considering it. It definitely could be good for pop balance, though limiting players to NS weapons only is a huge turn-off as they miss the cross-faction experience. Many players already have alts they can swap to and get the full experience of a faction.

I think NS mercenary would have to unlock some special things to be worth it, and maybe an option to spend certs gained while playing as a mercenary for alts of that faction.

+ 167dmg / 600 RoF options. Tired of NS weapons just giving NC more VS and TR style guns.

I'd say make these higher damage output NS weapons default for Black Ops, and only unlockable for your character when not playing as a black op by getting auraxium with them as a back ops. Would be strong encouragement for people to balance pops.
  15. bPostal

I don't trust the players to not screw this up.
    • Up x 1
  16. Bhudda V1

um from what I understand if your under populated you can't black ops because that isn't really the purpose of it, the purpose is if 1 factions has 50 % pop they can become black ops to help the underpopulated faction have a better chance.

This 4 factions to say is more the balancing for any harshly unpopulated factions and a better way for the dev's to give more players a even fight so everyone has a better chance to have fun.
  17. RedArmy

but if your overpopulated, ur likly winning, people dont leave a winning team, they jump ship from the losing team
  18. Rogueghost

I always try to play as the underpoped faction, more hostiles means more kills.
  19. Bhudda V1

if your overpopulated and winning you have to switch factions or quit to give the other side a fighting chance, now it's incentivized to even the fight through black ops so hopefully less people quit because they are not as outpoped.
    while people will still quit overall, it's going to happen this I think will make the game better.

also if it's off peak hours this can bring in more even fights so the 50+% pop is more like 45% or less to give more people a better time because a good number of people just want a good fight and this will give them a much better chance of have one.
  20. Taemien

Black Ops would be a great tool for my squad and I to use. It would allow us to force fights in places we couldn't force them before. For the cert farming zergling... it does nothing. But from what I've seen they don't see it as a valid playstyle to balance around.

I've been seeing the term Organized Play several times on their twitter and reddit posts, and its making me very happy.