[Suggestion] "Weapon lock" system must be changed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KillerXDLZ, May 22, 2015.

1. KillerXDLZ

It's just completely ridiculous that even from just hitting members of your faction will cause your weapons to lock. How i am even suppose to shot in a big battle if people are running in front of me while im firing?

My suggestion: After "scoring" 4 kills by killing members of your faction, your weapons will be locked or if you deal 60% damage to a friendly you will get a warning.

Honestly i only want the "weapon lock from hits" being removed, locking weapons from someone that is killing his own faction is good to prevent "Team Killing", but someone that accidentaly hits a single bullet shouldn't get this "weapon lock".
  2. Gggy

I had to run over like 100 people to get a weapons lock (I'm a careless driver)
    You must hit like 200 people to get a weapons lock (I'm a careful shooter)
    So be more careful to avoid a weapons lock (I almost never get weapons lock, I stop driving after the last warning)
  3. Hatesphere

Trigger disiplin is a skill. The current weapon lock system is extremely lenient. I can count the number of time I have been locked on one hand.
  4. KillerXDLZ

Well, so i guess it's bugged, because i am getting weapon lock every 4 acidental hits, or 1 hit if my weapons got locked already.
    Or they changed it in the hotfix?

I forgot to mention this was the first time i experience "weapon lock" by accidental shots.
  5. Hatesphere

Strange I will have to check it out when I get home from work. I don't normally shoot that many team mates though. It does use a rolling grief point system. So after you have just unlocked I think its Mich easier to get locked again.
  6. Kevanov

Story time: someone from my faction was right in front of me dancing on purpose so I wouldnt lock on my target. I shot a rocket into his face and he died.
  7. Uncle_Lou

I suppose it may be coincidental that someone else is using the same name as your forum handle, but if this happens to be you I'd say the problem is not with "4 accidental hits".

http://planetside.tk/#KillerXDLZ
    • Up x 3
  8. DQCraze

Been playin for 2 years never been weapon locked. L2P...
  9. prodo123

How you're supposed to shoot in a big battle with FF on? Learn to aim and not hit friendlies.
    People who don't learn and complain about the grief system is the reason why I have 2-3x more TK deaths than I actually TK.
    You can check here: http://planetside.tk
  10. Taemien

The reason we get locked from weapon damage is to curb trolling. If you only get warnings for dealing 60% of the damage, what is supposed to stop a person from just going around knocking their teammates shield's down and letting the enemy finish them off?

Oh you could say, "well we'll base it on total damage then."

But then you'd have a system like the one we currently have. The system works. I've only ever been locked twice. Once because I was a noob using 6m splash HE weapons in concentrated areas back in 2012. And the second time was to prevent a troll from blowing up my squad's Galaxy in the Warpgate when FF damage was on back a while ago.

First time, I was careless.
    Second time, I was deliberate.
    Both times I deserved it.

There's NO occasion that you are getting weapon locked and didn't deserve it. The exception is an abandoned vehicle being bumped, but that is a bug. You fix the bug, you don't revamp the system.

So with that said, OP. Fix yourself. If you are getting weapon locked it is because you are being a jerk, a team killer, a *****, and selfish. Even newbies only ever get locked once, if they even make it that far. I don't believe you're a newbie, so you're one of the others.
  11. Lucidius134

I'm legally blind and I do not get weapon lock from FF.

You doin it wrong.
  12. Nocturnal7x

Get out, no seriously get out. I have over 1k hours in this game, never been weapons locked. You need to L2P is the issue here.
  13. JohnGalt36

14. Czarinov

I hope you'll get banned for those mass TKs. It's a good thing weapon lock exists to prevent the worst players like you from continuously spoiling fun of other players.
  15. Kristan