why was hud stuff reversed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Multispastic, May 21, 2015.

1. Multispastic

why was hud stuff reversed?
    it looked clearer...was there a reason?
    And please can we get a simple option to disable player names on screen..NOBODY cares in the middle of a fight it just clutters everything up.
    thanks.
  2. DeltaValkyrie

Probably created lag and numerous crashes. I had more crashes in one day than my entire PS2 lifetime :D
  3. Hatesphere

I think one of the major concerns was that it did not scale well with many resolutions. It made things very crowded for some people with no way to reduce it, so they just reverted it. Hopefully we will see something like it again as an option, I liked it.
  4. Scr1nRusher

Actually it didn't cause crashes what so ever.
  5. Scr1nRusher

They just made the icons too large & the text to big.
    • Up x 1
  6. \m/SLAYER\m/

make it optional
  7. JobiWan

One thing I found really odd was that icons for terminals were huge from a distance, and got smaller as you got nearer. The whole thing looked like a giant cartoon game to me, too in your face.
    • Up x 2
  8. ChUnKiFieR

Ctrl+i will turn off player names.
    • Up x 1
  9. Liewec123

because it sucked XD
    who really wanted a gigantic plane icon over the flight vehicle terminal? and names spanning 100M?
  10. Dgross

It made the game look like it came from Fisher Price.
    Was unnecessary, unwanted, and an eye sore.

Why do you think it didn't even last 24 hours before being reverted?
    • Up x 2
  11. zaspacer

I really liked the sphere marking the location of the Cap Point. And I liked the Vehicle Icons for all the bases I never spend time at that have non-standard layout.

I am all for a checkbox that allows players to have them active or inactive.
    • Up x 1
  12. Nocturnal7x

anyone have screens? What yall talkin about?
  13. DorianOmega

They should have added a new slider/drop down in the settings that could let you change the text/icon size to your choosing, giving players more customization.
    • Up x 1
  14. BIllyGG

Really want to see the the "clearer names" change back
  15. Skooma Lord

I hope that if they change it back to the new one they give us an option to keep the original smaller one that we have now. I have decent sized screen so the current version is fine for me.
  16. Garrum

The name tags were much too large and intrusive. There was no need for a drop shadow on them either. The font itself was fine I suppose, but it was just made too large and in the way. The bigger problem is that the current nametags work perfectly, and there was zero need or desire from the playerbase to change them.

The terminal icons lacked polish. They looked thrown together and rushed. The idea of more clear pictures of what that terminal does is good, but the execution wasn't really up to snuff.
    • Up x 1
  17. Liewec123

yeah options would be good :)
    • Up x 1
  18. zaspacer

I totally agree with you. It is bad policy to force such changes on players who do not want them, when it is easy to make it a selectable option for players to choose them if they want.

I can appreciate the desire for PS2 Designers to have a single standard that all players share. But when that standard is not already in place and would be a hotly contested change, to push it through is just frustrating the playerbase and punishing the Player community.