Message to the TR community.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, May 21, 2015.

1. JobiWan

I think part of the problem with many weapons is that some don't give them a fair try. I've had several new weapons where I thought 'oh this is an awful gun' at first but carried on and grew to like it. Sometimes because it's different to what we're used to we are too quick to write it off as 'bad'.

For all round use I do love the Jaguar. It's good close quarters and still able to hit things further away. I'm close to Aurax'ing it in the next few days.

I recently got the T5-AMC and I'm still struggling with it if I'm honest, but I'm sure it will come good, I just need to learn the quirks and foibles of the weapon.
  2. Kociboss

Ugh...
  3. Cinnamon

Oh my god take than compensator off right now.
    • Up x 3
  4. xMaxdamage

I just want My faction to have same infantry/MAX AV long range stopping power than NC and VS. This is the worst imbalance issue in the game atm imo, striker/fractures are dramatically behind their counterparts.
    I think our other weapon are ok even if I think TR is the overall weakest faction, not by much obviously. I'd greatly appreciate more ammo for the stock/ex mag version of the t7 mini chaingun to give it a role aside from a fun sidegrade to a 200 bullets LMG, and I'd like some cool mechanic added to the trap rifle.

Lockdown and anchor require teamwork to be used with efficiency, while other es skills let you be useful even solo (Zoe not so much lol), and with the new NS antimax rifle I can see how our lockdown skills will be even less useful, especially concerning the max.
    • Up x 1
  5. Goretzu

There's no real way to change that (if you want to retain factional flavour anyway), here is the main infantry gun balance:

Carbine RoF

LOW - 500 550-550 577-577 600-600-600 632 652-652 653 698-698-698-698 723 750-750-750-750 800845-845 909- HIGH

LMG RoF

LOW - 500 550 577-577-577-577 600-600 625 652-652-652-652 698-698-698 750-750-750 - HIGH

AR RoF

LOW - 479 500 526 577 600-600-600 652-652-652 698-698-698 750-750-750 769 800-800-800 845 857 - HIGH
    (thanks to Bankrotas)

As you can see the spread is actually pretty good, really all the TR is lacking is really a 850 to 909ish RoF LMG and you could make a fair arguement for the NC having their high RoF Carbine and AR lowered in RoF and increased in bullet damage (they only really existed because of how utterly broken Flinch and RoF was in CQB on release).
    • Up x 1
  6. xMaxdamage

Give 400/400 less damaging bullets and 1000 rpm to the mcg! Do it!
  7. Dgross

Yeah well I disagree.
    The bull works for me.
    And I love the mercy.

The AMC isn't that great but it's better then the trac 5
  8. HAXTIME

Minigun
  9. Eternaloptimist

I found that TR weapons get better the more you use them..oh.that was me adapting..(sorry). And this seems to be the same for other faction weapons. My vague equivalents by faction for different scenarios are:

CQC - Orion, MSW-R, EM1 (it's the RoF, baby)
    Mid range/multi role - SVA88, T32 Bull, Anchor (Crazy accuracy, high muzzle velocity, low recoil...take your pick)
    Long range - Flare, TMG50, EM6** (fewer hits expected? then make 'em count)

** I'd like to say the SAW but even with comp and foregrip I just don't like the feel of it. ("It's not you, it's me")
  10. Littleman

The way I see weapons between empires:
    TR = Easy to use but generally ineffective. Their guns are literally point and click. MCG? Point and click. Striker? Point and click. Pounders and fractures - same freaking gun with a few variable tweaks, also point and click. TR don't get gimmicks with their tools.

NC = Harder to use but generally effective. Weapons are highly accurate and rewarding in an adepts hands (if I want to go against a heavy, 200 damage tier all the way,) and completely unwieldy and punishing in a novice's. Truth be told, these guys can get away with minimizing exposure time for maximum effect. "Guerilla tactics" Phoenix. Jackhammer. Vanguard + shield. Ravens. Unfortunately for them, the players seem to mostly fall into the "novice" end of the spectrum. They're sitting on probably the most varied and effective pile of weapons in game... and most of their members don't know how to use them.

VS = Easy to use, effective, but lack identity. The Orion is pretty much the only real stand out in the VS arsenal among "point and click" weapons. Everything else can be closely compared to another weapon in another Empire. The Orion's closest comparisons are the MSW-R and Anchor, but then we see the .75x ADS and it gets singled out. Everything else? They look and feel like super soakers that fire ACID. The Lancer performs a similar job to the striker, except the ordinance is MUCH faster and can be focused into a single, exponentially more powerful shot, AND it lacks drop. The lasher is the ultimate suppression tool and it really does rip up whatever it hits. The Magrider has the ability to strafe while keeping front armor facing forward. Not something to be undervalued. The MAX comet is kind of a pounder... minus the drop. It's alternative AV variant is a trade off of fire power for sheer ordinance velocity. So... it's kind of like the pounder - fracture relationship. Their semi-auto sniper rifles have zero drop... no, this isn't negligible. It's NICE to be be able to work a semi-auto without having to compensate for the ridiculous drop these things experience with other empires (still doesn't make any of them worth using over a BASR though.)

So basically... VS = TR, except VS weapons have fewer glaring flaws to compensate for (ah... so that's where the perceived imbalances lay.) Only the tank really functions differently.

All I really want on the TR right now is a Torq-9 or Lynx LMG. Probably more in line with Torque-9. The high DPS 125 tier of weapons is actually unique to the TR and happen to be responsive and accurate to boot! How I'd adjust their striker, I don't know. The MCG is an MCG... I mean, what else is it supposed to do other than spew bullets?

What the VS should get as a faction flavor unique line... I have no clue.

Also, NS-15M > T32-Bull.
  11. MikeyGeeMan

Tr weapons lends itself to a different play style.

Without 200 damage tier lmg or highly mobile (.75 ads) lmg, the tr heavy assault is severely limited.

The mcg gives great suppression, granted.

The tr style is more suited to suppress and flank tactics. This is where they excel.

The Cs and mc have very good heavy weapons compared to the tr and they are widely used.

Now what do the tr have? Assault rifles. Probably the best and most versatile of all the factions.

Having that as a strength requires different tactics than is currently employed.

Where the vs can use Orion's and lashers to put an area on lockdown and the mc ability to rush a point with hit and run tactics, the tr REQUIRE highly mobile tactics.

I don't subscribe to the tr is easier to use. Because they aren't.
  12. y3ivan

tell you what, TR arsenal is a lot more diverse than pre-launch.( 3-4 weapons that are far superior than the rest.)

back in those days, ppl only use jaguar, T-9carv, Msrw, TAR, Mercy, else just stick to default weapons. The rest of TR arsenal is generally downgrade.
  13. Marxsbeard

Every faction has a list of mostly useless/redundant weapons.

TR have the two best carbines (Jag and Lynx) and some of the best ARs.

We have two good LMGs (MSW-R and Bull) and one okay one (CARV). It would be nice to see the MSW or Bull buffed slightly to get competitive with the Orion.

We have the worst SMGs. Totally subpar.

Only the NC have a heavy weapon usefull in 1v1s. The MCG and Lasher are crowd control.
  14. EliteEskimo

Pretty sure I'm not bad with infantry weapons since I average between a 2-4 KDR on most weapons with high accuracy and headshot ratios. The mini chain gun has a wind up time, meaning if you go up against someone from a decent outfit likr AC/DA/BAX then you'll be headshotted and killed before the weapon has a chance to do significant dsmsge but agsinst your aversge player its alright but it doesnt come close to the 1v1 potentional of the jackhammer. But hey if you want to ignore those facts and act condescending go ahead.

In what way are vortex's similar to fractures, the range of the pounders doesn't come close to.the range on the Falcons or comets which do very little damage and have very little if any drop to worry about.
  15. Czarinov

SABR is an underused, but unique weapon, deadly in skilled hands. No other fraction has a weapon like this.
  16. Ballto21

Nevermind on the fracture area, i was reading the wrong chart. Im twittish in this one and admit that.

It still fires during the wind up time. Im not sure how many it fires in this process, but with BRRT i counted 2-3, with ex mags i counted about the same maybe a couple more. I may be wrong.

Lashers also dont have raw TTK potential, as its slow firing even with its high alpha. Im also pretty sure it doesnt have a HS modifier on its splash damage, so were in the same boat

Ill give you the jackhammer has a higher 1v1 potential, but so do all shotguns.
  17. Littleman

They're easier to use because the skill floor is rock bottom... as is the skill ceiling. Point. And. Click. No gimmicks, but plenty of minor flaws. The phoenix and ravens require tracking and leading skill. Granted, so does the striker but eh... it's a crappier lancer in its current iteration. While one can say skill will allow one to land rockets with the striker, targets seldom move in a precisely straight line. It's like fighting handicapped in the end. Pounders versus comets? I know people say things about the pounders raw firepower, but comets are no slouches either. I dream of the day lancers, vortexes, and comets vaporize once they hit the 300m mark. It's ironic that they too have point and click simplicity... but it works because they also don't have to work in a smidge of drop compensation. Again... VS = TR, minus the flaws. +10 rounds is the only justification point.

"Suppress and flank tactics" isn't unique to the TR. ANY player operating with good flanking tactics will wreck with any of their infantry weapons. And no, the MCG is is little better than the CARV-9 at suppression. The lasher doesn't even need to score a direct hit to do some damage to enemies hiding directly behind cover and it generally has a longer magazine life. Doubly so with extended mags.
  18. Ballto21

i used it like an ns11c and got close to auraxing it before deleting alsoballto. i made a thread on it a few months ago.
  19. Dgross

I think you've made a thread on everything.
  20. Ballto21

i havnt made a thread on the farmistice yet