So much price whining.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RainbowDash9, May 20, 2015.

1. RainbowDash9

Stop complaining about lowered prices.

Stop saying theyre greedy because they raised some gun prices.

free players will still play for free, paying players get more bang for their buck.

i fail to see what everyones complaining about. are they secretly making people pray to Cthulhu and killing off children?
    • Up x 5
  2. Ballto21

they made weapons that were very cheap to give newer player a better edge cost almost double. Sometimes more. 550 bolts are 375, 250 cert weapons are now over 800, but hey, they get 1500 certs right? thats not even enough to cert out an LA jetpack and nanoweave.
    • Up x 10
  3. BloodyG

Wow what a "smart ***" can you say anything positive about this changes or you just want to feel better?

Looking on your stats it seems you never got a conscription ether, would you start playing this game under the same conditions when you would start out now, or would you say it's P2W **** this?
    • Up x 1
  4. Pay2WinSucks

Seems to me that kid is trying to feed his ego and belittle others that don't want to bend over and take it. There been a few of those lurking lately. Maybe when he gets into puberty he can grow a neckbeard like the other tools :p
  5. RainbowDash9

what do you mean "can i say something positive?" i find the whole patch awesome, im telling all the whiny people complaining about the cert prices to calm down.

also id still play it the same as i do now, because i actually like the game? you think id care if i have to play something i like longer?
  6. john55223

Everyone is complaining for no reason! If you buy 699 weapons you will save enough DBC to buy yourself a WHOLE NEW WEAPON! I don't get why everyone doesn't get that....
    • Up x 1
  7. BloodyG

You played from the beginning, everybody had the same stuff, when i started out things were diffrent i had to chew through the BR100's and it was hell...

How do you think somebody starting out now would feel?
    I will tell you what, **** this game!
    • Up x 1
  8. RainbowDash9

well considering theyd be just starting out, theyd have nothing to compare to so theyd think its normal, not give a ****, and play the game.
  9. BloodyG

Then they understand the Cert prices and how long they have to grind, then they will think i need a sub or i can leave now.
    How many will sub though when they see this servers?
    • Up x 1
  10. xthezerohunter

Tells people to stop doing something, doesn't explain why.

Also why would Cthulhu be a secret? He's a pretty good guy.
  11. Seiris

They lowered the cert cost for vehicle weapons and raised some for infantry weapons. It seems like a good decision to me, vehicles were always the bigger cert hog and default infantry weapons are generally pretty damn good.
  12. KuraiSim

Actually ALL weapon (both infantry and vehicles) that used to cost less than 1000 certs have their price raised. The only thing that had that had their prices go down is vehicle weapons that costed 1000 certs.
  13. Asageh

Although I'm not complaining about the new changes to the pricing, I can completely understand why others are, it's because not a single item/weapon cert price was decreased, it was a flat out increase across the board.
  14. XanIves

The fact that a second falcon for your max costs the same as a brand new, shiny phoenix is absurd. Or a Vortex. Or... that tr anti-vehicle weapon that shall not be named. Or that an anti-air rocket launcher more than doubled in price.

If all weapons were pure sidegrades and all equally viable, then I could see standardizing most, if not all, of the prices. As it stands though, not all weapons are equal, having varying amounts of viability and worth, (in terms of value in combat, not cert price), within faction. Thus the differing prices.

Noobs need cheap guns for the simple reason that having a new gun, even if it may be exactly the same dps-wise as the default, it feels special, it feels new, and it makes the certs earned for it worth it.

Things I Find Specifically Wrong With Pricing:

1: Tier 1 MAX AV Weps cost the same as the far superior Tier 2 AV Weps. (Except for you, fractures. I didn't forget you.)

2: Cra**y Burst Variants got their price upped. As probably one of the least purchased weps, not really that great, considering they're intended purpose should be to teach newbs how to burst fire. Actually, these should be available along with the default for free, with common pool attachments that once purchased on one, can be equipped on both. Maybe make underbarrel attachments available for the Burst one, to make it more appealing when n00bs hear "Whoa, I can put a grenade launcher on this? Gotta get dat!".

3: G2A ES RL got a price double. The Anti-Air launcher is the sort of thing that really attracts new players as a sink for their new certs, because it can not just make them slightly better, but can actually expand their offensive capability in a new, (and also mostly support), way. Nothing lessens your rage at a lolpod farmer than the knowledge that you can do something to deter him, other than tickling his belly with the single burster on your 450 resource max.

4: 2x sights on vehicles cost more than 2x as much as thermal. Seriously, with the exception of the Sauron and MAYBE the Halberd or Kobalt, I cant think of any gun that would value a 2x zoom, more than highlighting all infantry within their effective range. Really can't think of a reason that my fury needs a 2x zoom for more than half the price of the fury in the first place.

5: ......That's about it, for all my complaints.

As for things that I liked about the price adjustments:

1: Cosmetic's Price Drop: Daybreak is probably making money hand-over-fist now from cosmetics, and they should be. It's the smart decision that the community has been clamoring for for years. I have personally bought more DB cash than I would have, in return for even more cosmetics. It's a win for everyone involved! GG DBG HF

2: Pulsar C Carbine got a price increase from 250-650. This weapon is pretty much a straight upgrade over the default Solstice, and at 250 certs, it was a bit cheap for the power of this weapon. I would personally have preffered the price to have been upped to 500 certs, instead of 650, but that's just because I and probably others like the nice, sexy number that 500 holds in the mind.

3: Umm... Upper tier vehicle weps got price reductions? That's not something anyone could possibly complain about, and I'm certainly not trying.

In conclusion, the main problem with this update is the misleading pr surrounding it, which lead people to incorrectly assume that there were going to at least be sudo-equivalent price drops for the more expensive guns, and not granting the 1500 certs to all players. No better way to make your players happy, than to bribe them with certs, amirite?

Rating of Update: 6.5 out of 10.
    • Up x 1
  15. RainbowDash9

to be fair though, theyre going up all at once because they havent touched the prices since launch. they basically caught up with what they should have been changing gradually.
  16. BloodyG

Did Certs inflate? have i missed anything? I thought you earn them ingame and can't sell them...
  17. Hatesphere

The rate at which you can earn them did. And the devs actually had lowered the prices on many weapons since beta

Honestly people are complaining about having to sink more time to get something for free. And it's not even that much time unless you lone wolf a lot
  18. Seiris

Yeah? XP gain has increased since the game released. And 1500 free certs.

With just the 1500 free certs alone, a new player would have to purchase between 10 and 20 weapons to see any change from before the patch (most weapons only increased from 250 to 325 or from 500 to 650, so 1500/150=10 and 1500/75=20). Most actually useful vehicle weapons decreased by 125 certs.

Other weapons that don't fall into these categories can be seen as balance changes. Kobalts from 100 to 200 is pretty fair, in my opinion. Mutilators from 250 to 650 is a bit steep. I'm sure there are examples in the remaining balances that are both warranted and unwarranted, but for the most part, a 30% increase in cert costs for a lot of weapons is pretty warranted considering the massive XP inflation in the last 3 years.
  19. BloodyG

Well i lone wolfed 90% out of the time, so maybe my point of view is correct and didn't they remove the daily 24 Certs?
    I think they make up for the ribbons.

Lowered prices, all the prices are higher then before they were changed only some "here you see we do some good" prices are lower now.

Getting something free in a F2P game, i will be damned what has this world come to...
  20. Seiris

Look at it this way, man. It takes 120,000 score to get to BR 15. Before the patch, at BR 15, you would have 480 certs to spend. With the changes, however, you have 1,980.

Before the patch, you could buy exactly zero 500 cert weapons by the time you hit BR 15. Now you can buy three 650 cert weapons.

New players are gonna be just fine.
    • Up x 5