Constantly alternating poor/bad connection quality all of a sudden.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hundenjammer, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Hundenjammer

I am a new player (allthough not really active this last month), who started about 2 months ago and played without issues for about a month on Miller and Emerald. I live in Holland and my ping when joining the Miller server was about 10ms and Emerald about 100ms. Both perfectly playable. Then something changed. Now my connection quality on both servers seems to alternate between poor and bad, switching back and forth all the time and the game is essentially unplayable. I opened a ticket with SoE/Daybreak and they had me do some tests and blamed my ISP, I then contacted my ISP (UPC Nederland) with the same data and they think the issue is outside of their network.
    So I seem stuck now.
    Even upgrading my cable modem and getting a new 50mb/s download / 5mb/s upload contract hasn't changed a thing. And when I delete one of my characters so I can make a new one and check the listed pings for the available servers, everything looks fine; 10ms for Miller / 100 for Emerald, but as soon as I make the character and connect/log in and press tab I can see the connection quality go from green to yellow then red and then jump between yellow and red alternatingly. Already tried a fresh planetside install, didn't change a thing. Other online FPS games, no issues, never have them. Just this game... and it started right after I spend a few Euro's ingame, just to add a little salt.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. day ofm one

Having latency issues since over 2 months allready.
  3. anvie

I'm having the same issue man. Nothing I've tried has fixed the issue. I'm considering trying a new router since that seems to have solved the problem from someone else (http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2k43q7/regarding_high_latency_bad_connection_and_lag/)

It's possible the most frustrating thing ever because it's impossible to determine what's causing it, unless you isolate every little thing/setting and try changing it. This problem has cost me so much ******* time. Makes me really not wanna play planetside 2.
  4. BXAlbatross

Guys, don't freak out about it. There is nothing you can do, as it isn't your problem. The servers are being badly taxed and poorly maintained, so they aren't providing the best service they can. We'll just have to wait for them to get the servers updated.
  5. Undyingghost89

Not playable for me today. Awful lags, really bad latency. Get it togher people and fix that ****.
  6. Magma52

Just out of interest, what ping do you usually see when you press tab in game? The ping to server you see on character select doesn't really mean much when the ping in game is higher (it usually is...if you are getting 10ms in game then that is insane!).
  7. K3STR3L

I have been having this issue too and am getting sick and tired of it to be honest. My latency bounces from 50ms to 300+ms. which is like me playing across the other side of the world. I have never ever in my long life come across such a shambles in a FPS game.

Have the PS2 team said anything or are they hiding and skulking in the shadows just pretending this is no issue like normal?
  8. Undyingghost89

New router, what? I was playing 2 days ago just fine and now its lagging like crazy. Cobalt is just broken atm. Latecy is jumping to 800ms like every second or two. Wtf is happening? Does any mod will reply to us and this problem or they just dont give a crap?
  9. Clay

I have the same thing. I never had Lags in all my 2 years planetside history but today it is like unplayable for me, every 2 minutes lag spike up to 2000ms, then back to normal 50-60. I dont know whats happening.
    • Up x 1
  10. SpartanZero

I've had the occasional lag, connection issues crop up from time to time. SINCE BETA. Now for the overall majority of my time playing this game, connection issues have been far an few between. Typically only coming up after poor optimization, or poorly implemented other patches, usually clearing up.

Over the course of the last few days, I've been experiencing random poor/bad connection issues. Ping traditionally ran at 90-95ms, for the majority of my active account. Now it's hovering around 250-300 (at poor) connection, even worse than an EU connection, spiking to 2000-11000 (bad). Game was running well enough last night, now I can't even break from a poor/bad connection.
  11. Kaitos

Guys, Try https://www.wtfast.com/ , its like a proxy for gamers, it lowers your latency and stuff.

i live in South America, i've always suffered from high ms, i was playing fine with 140ms most of the time, but 2 or 3 weeks ago, it started giving me this 230 - 400 ms ingame, bouncing from yellow to red, so a friend recommended WTFast to me, and it worked, like a charm!

Maybe it will work for ya, You don't need to buy it, use the free basic one, 5MB download, install, log in (No account requiered), load Planetside 2 as your game, then start the game after that.

Hope you guys solve that, its really a pain in the nanites.
  12. SpartanZero

Yea, I've used that program before. It's not bad.

Now, as previously stated. My connection is currently in a constant poor/bad with 250-5000+ latency to US WEST (over the last week or so, I've noted sporadic hiccup moments of this poor/bad connection), yet I live on the WEST coast. My connection to US EAST, is good, as well the latency is lower, sitting around 130-150. My connection to EU, is obviously poor, but I've a latency of 250-280 in fluctuation so that tells me it's stable, just weak by distance.

I've concluded that the issue with connection to US WEST is more to do with the server cluster for that area, as well the outlying network routes. Guess I'll have to wait an see what the deal is from DB's angle, or if the issue just miraculous un congests on it's own. Is the WEST coast being attacked/bombarded via cyber pathways?
  13. TotallyGonzo

Well, it's somewhat comforting to know that I'm not the only one with this issue. Same deal for me: Good net, live on the West Coast, terrible ping/ping spikes ONLY on Connery, but for Emerald all is well.
    • Up x 1
  14. scorcher646

im east coast with amazing internet, DOTA 2 us east registers like 10ms but emerald spikes between 100-1000 and always sits at bad connection for me, started like 2 or 3 days ago