So, did any infantry cert prices actually go down?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stargazer86, May 19, 2015.

1. Stargazer86

Or was it just an increase across the board? I mean, I already have most everything, so I can only judge from the stuff I don't currently own. Vehicle cert prices look like they went down a bit, mostly from 1000 > 875 for most items, but infantry stuff seems like it all just went up.

KSR-35: 500 > 650
    SOAS: 500 > 650
    AMR-66: 250 > 325
    Carv-S: 500 > 650
    Haymaker: 500 > 650
    Mutilator: 250 > 650

Yeah. I'm not a fan. Does anything cost 100 certs anymore? I noticed the Kobalt for the Harasser went from 100 > 200, so now I'm wondering. I mean, good grief, the battle rifle price went up? That piece of trash is so worthless that they should be paying ME certs to use it.
  2. Goretzu

My wild and uneducated guess would be........... no. :eek:
  3. InoxGecko

TMG-50 from 500 to 1000...wow that sure is balance DBG.

This update looked so promising, it turned out to be another hit in the groin from SOE DBG
    • Up x 7
  4. Eternaloptimist

I don't think DBG ever said anything about cert prices going down so, no
  5. DorianOmega

According to what people are reporting prices for the most part have gone up as high as 100% (doubled the price!), some went down but only marginally. However it does look like cosmetic prices have gone down as well but that doesn't affect cert costs.

IMO this should be justification to bring back passive cert gain on free accounts, that or apply a cert reward upon leveling up beyond levels 1-15 that could ramp down in quantity the higher the levels you get, 25-50 certs per level after 15 seems appropriate.
    • Up x 2
  6. Drzewo

DELETED. (because I haven't read whole title)
  7. noquarter

I've only saw one thing, the auto shotgun went from 750 to 650 I think

(haymaker was 750)
  8. CapEnTrade

Dat thing's a POS anyways.
  9. johnway

I've had a look at the prices and whilst i understand the increases, i was expecting some adjustment scaling. I had hoped that pistols would have an adjustment and seeing the 2nd tier rebel, emperor pistols cheaper was a step in the right direction (back in the day) and i was expecting the 3rd gen (eg inquisitor) ones going down to 750 or even 500. I would have certainly liked more scaling with bolt action sniper rifles as it seems strange that the hardest hitting with the highest velocity is actually the same price as the 2nd tier bolt actions.

some weapons should still remain on the cheaper end of the scale to reward or spice up games where players looking for a quick alternative weapon to the default one. Hell i believe the cheaper prices and rewards ease and entice new players to keep playing maybe made less appealing. hell i make only around 50 certs in a one hour session and that's with ribbons added in. At most i probably make 75-80 certs over 2 hours of intense game play and thats biodome or spawnroom farming.

What surprises me at the prices for the S model weapons 1000 CERTS?! REALLY?! I they aren't even that good but what makes it strange is that the AR S variants is only 650... Are the under barrel attachments really that desirable? hald of the stories i hear is that its trash or don't work properly.

My question is whether the DBC prices make purchasing them more appealing or not? it still pretty pricy and as far as i can see its token.

"Rather then being 200 DBC its now 199!"
    "yeah, 9.99 is absolute bargin, gosh normally people sell it for a tenner,,, i wonder why people say keep the change when offered pennies?"
    • Up x 2
  10. pnkdth

I'm struggling to see why I would want to buy more stuff with DBG currency at the moment. The current changes only make it even more awkward to deal with DBG currency due to uneven numbers... Unless you buy 699 weapons, I guess, then you've "saved" enough coins to get a whole new weapon! Incredible deal. WOW! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  11. noquarter

sorry, that should be nighthawk or whatever it is, not haymaker
  12. _itg

Dramatic as the price hikes seem, keep in mind that they're countered by 1,500 free certs for newbies and a couple years of rampant XP inflation, which the players loved but probably damaged DBG's business model. Raising weapon cert prices is a lot less frustrating to deal with than XP nerfs, I think.
    • Up x 1
  13. Stargazer86

I mean, I'm fine with them changing prices. If they want to bump up the top tier weapons to 1000 certs, I'm okay with that. TMG for 1000? Sure! MSW for 1000? A-Okay. What I don't understand is why trash tier items got the same treatment. I mean, let's be honest here, there is no way on earth that the AMR-66 is worth 325 certs. It wasn't even worth 250 certs. I'd be hard pressed to buy it for 100 certs. Same thing goes for the B models of the Trac-5 and Cycler. And there's a bunch of mediocre weapons still listed at 1000. The Striker? Hah. Inquisitor? No way. And bumping our flippin' Pounders up to 1000 from 250? Jesus Christ!

That's what annoys me about it. It's not a rebalancing in the way it was marketed. "Oh, some prices will go up, but some others will come down!" Yeah, no. It's a price hike, plain and simple.
  14. Psykmoe

New characters may get 100 certs every rank until BR15 but the barrier of entry went way up for a bunch of stuff. Want paired AI max guns? 400 certs more than before. Paired AV arms? 750 more than before. Empire specific infantry farmer on harasser? 400 more. Pair of bulldogs on a galaxy? 600 more than before. Want a G2A lock-on? 400 certs more than before.

I guess this is all aimed at some imagined future PS4 audience who won't know any better what a ****** change this was for people who buy things with certs. The only thing that costs less certs than before seem to be vehicle guns that used to cost 1000, and they went down less than most other stuff went up.

875 certs for the empire specific AI gun for MBTs for example, previously 250.

If you have a new character and want to expand your gameplay options beyond the 5 basic infantry classes, the barrier of entry is much higher. Hell, if you want a MAX that can switch between paired AI arms or paired AV arms, that costs 1400 certs more than before!

Bolding mine. Many prices going down? Only for some vehicle guns.
  15. Kaitos

Those prices are stupid, AA launcher 650 certs? how the crap the newbies are going to respond against Air?

Im really really disappointed with this patch.

The worse thing is, i know, 100% sure that we can complain 3 months about those prices and they wont get lowered or reverted.

GG.. Gamebreak Company
    • Up x 1
  16. _itg

The concept is that all weapons are sidegrades to one another, so no weapons are trash tier. This is one of the key tenets of the "PS2 is not P2W" argument. Obviously there are some duds in practice, but the solution should be to balance those weapons, not cut their prices and leave them trash tier.

I'd still say some weapons need to be made cheap again, for the sake of giving newbies access to key options. The AA lock-on launcher should be brought back down to ~250 certs, for instance, since new characters don't have any valid AA options.
    • Up x 1
  17. Kentucky Windage

At least I got my other Pounder before hyper-inflation:p
    • Up x 1
  18. Vargs

It definitely doesn't top out at double the price. The GD-22S, for example, used to be 100 certs. It's now around 350 (I can't check because I already own it). 350% of what it was before. A second MAX AV arm is 1000 rather than 250. 4x the cost!
  19. Psykmoe

G2A or G2G lockons have also more than doubled in cost, and so have the empire specific anti-infantry vehicle guns (Canister used to cost 250 on either vehicle, now 650 or so on Harasser and 875 on Vanguard).
    • Up x 1
  20. Lucidius134

This just in:

DBG implement a steeper barrier of entry for new players.

FART NOISES
    • Up x 1