Switch to another game until next patch?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yuki10, May 19, 2015.

1. Yuki10

Just logged in to forums and see all these threads about bugs, performance issues and more. I don't feel like dealing with this so the question - what else is there that is fun to play? I really enjoyed TF2 in the past and would be interested in any decent fast paced FPS without NPCs, preferably with high player count.
    • Up x 3
  2. Hicksimus

I honestly haven't found it that bad today....it feels like the exact same old PS2 except the occasional Galaxy train goes by and your certs are worth less.
  3. Iridar51

If there was a game like that we'd all be playing it. In the meantime I'd suggest Firefall. It's PvE, but hey, better than playing solitaire.

I played a bit earlier, and I didn't encounter any gamebreaking bugs, except for vehicle weapons unequipped, but that issue is solved once and forever until next patch in 5 minutes, that you have to spend anyway to repurchase vehicle optics.
  4. Cinnamon

It takes them a long time to fix things after they break them. Thinking about a six month break or something. There isn't really any competitor to planetside 2 but that doesn't mean you have to play it when it isn't fun.
  5. YoungPedro

I have to agree with op, i think it's time to find another game till they patch in some metagame :/
    Till today i put up with the terrible performance my toaster could deliver because the gameplay was somewhat unique but nowadays all i see is a blob of 90+ on the ground hopping from one base to another, which gets kind of dull after a while.

nevertheless I was still pretty hyped about the ammo gal, even if it's just a small thing, but instead of hopping in and play with a new toy i had to put up with buying new optics for everything and do all the vehicleloadouts from scratch, yey. (not to mention that i spend stationcash/daybreakthingys on a 1.5x scope because the icons have the same color...**** me)

I seriously hope they figure out how to make the game a little bit more complex again, would be a shame if you return in a year just to find out that the only thing that changed is a new buggy and a killstreak dronestrike reward.
  6. Yuki10

Not really looking for equivalent - just fast paced shoot-em-up that is fun (like TF2 was while it was new).
  7. Ikarius77

Graphics settings are bugged, FPS indicator dissapeared, the game continues to CTD and Freeze like hell and now splash damage bug makes it totally unplayable with all those people spamming splash weapons into spawns and buildings.

Of course... without a doubt, time to try some refreshing games or replay a good old goldpiece.
  8. 4wry

Try entering "/fps" into the chat. The counter will reappear.
  9. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Every time you start the game, specifically, not just once and then it stays.
  10. FBVanu

that new hotfix did not fix the issue of vehicle gun equipment.. not yet.
  11. Lemposs

This is why I love gamers, "Oh something is out of whack, ABANDON SHIP!!!. ARGHHHHHH, the sky is falling, doomsday is here! Quickly, damn and threaten the faceless company!"

I mean, it hasn't even been 24 hours, and already we have threads like this. Oh gamers, we are truly the patrons of patience :D
    • Up x 2
  12. CapEnTrade

In short...
    Yes!
  13. Kentucky Windage

I couldn't really tell any difference to the game at all. I don't fly and I rarely use armor. The only thing I did have to do was reconfigure my Keybindings for my Thrustmaster GTX controller. For some reason only the Infantry side of the bindings were affected. I haven't even read the patch notes yet. Oh well. I suck anyway so it really wouldn't matter if anything changed or not.
  14. Iridar51

I wasn't talking about the hotfix, I was talking about manually reassigning vehicle weapons to loadouts.
  15. xthezerohunter

Minecraft: Cory In The House Edition
  16. Kristan

Haven't tried it out yet, though right now I'm more into Elite: Dangerous.
  17. ColonelChingles

I picked that up on your recommendation, and it strikes me as a F2P Borderlands. Without the jokes.

Not bad actually, especially for free.
  18. OldMaster80

Why go to other games? The only annoying bug imho is spawn room shields.
    Nothing else to report from me, game still runs great.
  19. Aryj

After playing today and especially tonight I'm thinking about quitting altogether after playing for less than 2 weeks. In the last hour I've unloaded half a clip point blank into one guys face, he one shot killed me. Another guy I shot about 25 times from maybe 5 meters, 3 shot killed me and he had full health and shields. This has happened at least 5 times in the last hour, and a lot more throughout the day. That's with the trac 5s with softpoint ammo.
  20. BloodyG

RoboCraft is a nice Game were you build your own Robot and play matches against other players in a WoT style but with way less grinding and a lot of promos to get free stuff, check it out it's really good!.

I take a break from PS2 now too and after they went the P2W road i don't think i will play it again, it's not worth it, like you said it's a buggy mess were only the high BR crowd rule and they abuse everything they can to get their K/D up, not even mentioning the potato servers...