Don't hype for the new weapon prices...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, May 19, 2015.

1. Zlidden

I hoped that they were going to balance the cert costs between weapons and not just skyrocketing them :S
    and lowering the derp cash cost by 1 is just to fool you that 699 is way cheaper then 700 rather then actually lowering.
    I have been playing for a while so this does not affect me that much, but this is a big step in the wrong direction!!
    and WTF was wrong with the old icons?!
    • Up x 1
  2. TerminalT6

This would be why I scrambled to buy a bunch of weapons with certs before this patch came out.
    From another perspective, the price of many weapons have been lowered over the course of the game. I don't have values, but it gives some context, right...?

Screw it, this was a mistake. I'm usually optimistic about SOE/DGC, but maybe they'll learn that angering the player-base isn't the best long-term business strategy?
  3. Pinkamena Diane

Now I am glad I got the TMG-50 on my TR alt yesterday.

one question, how much did the player studio helmets cost before? I am sure it was 1000, or am I mistaken? now they seem to be 699.
  4. DorianOmega

This, changes would make a bit more sense then.
  5. Stargazer86

Yeah, they were 1000 before. I'm glad cosmetic prices got reduced. I'm annoyed that they're using the bullcrap .99 price scheme to force players into having odd amounts of points they can't spent without buying more smedbucks. It's a horrible practice that shouldn't be tolerated.
  6. sindz

Haha ha this is pathetic. Never seen such a greedy move ever before in my entre life. Prices were stupid high before and now its even worse. GG game is dead.
  7. qiray12

just look at it this way, 70% of the cosmetics actualy went down in price by alot. for weapons most weapons dropped by a part and all the ns weapons just dropped 1. who cares tho, what else did you expect like 50% off or what?

if you dont wanna pay just dont, players who do wanna pay they are most likely getting more for theyre money right now.
  8. Drzewo

Daily sales won't be 50% any more? (today - 799 priced to 600. or it is because it's all-empire NS weapon?)
  9. Drzewo

...and alert bonus XP is gone?! i'm not happy with those changes, not happy at all.
  10. QuakerOatsMan

I think the primary goal of the big shift upwards for cert-based pricing is to make the new membership options more attractive.
    Although I do admit the shift doesn't look very good to a lot of people, especially with the -1 SC pricing.