Gives free certs to noobs but makes prices higher!? WTF

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CapEnTrade, May 19, 2015.

1. CapEnTrade

So in other words nothing has changed aside from making character completion harder and the marketing department pulls off some more slime in order to sell more WalletBreak Cash.

[IMG]

Some of us aren't so gullible you know...
    • Up x 7
  2. ShadowViper

The cert price increase isn't ideal, but it's also not as bad as you exaggerate it out to be. You can average 50-100 certs an hour by playing medic alone.
  3. CapEnTrade

Irrelevant, my point stands.
    Marketing is evil, they put incomplete paid **** like implants in our game.
    This is another one of their schemes.
  4. DorianOmega

How about instead of complaining about it as if that alone would invoke change, the player base here offers ideas and solutions if they are so upset instead... Just putting that out there.
  5. CapEnTrade

Fire the marketing department and hire a better one.

• Up x 1
  6. Ballto21

double nooblit cert income?

i mean, i was hoping to cert my mossie on my other tr alt named after a strain of malaria, but i cant by fire supp nar and the pods/banshee with the pods and banshee costing 875
  7. ShadowViper

It's not irrelevant. Please Webster that word to further reduce your confusion in the future.
    • Up x 2
  8. Stargazer86

Y'know, for a while there I naively thought that they might be reducing some of the plethora of 1000 cert weapons. Y'know, rebalance prices based on how used/good each weapon is. The TMG being bumped up to 1000 certs? Fine. It's a great LMG and is worth it at that price. The Pounder shooting up from 250 to 1000? Good lord why? Changing the burst weapons from 100 to 325? No one uses those things. Bumping the AMR-66 from 250 to 325? They should be paying ME certs to use battle rifles.

I mean, I'm glad they reduced the vehicle weapons prices (There are no more 1000 cert vehicles weapons? Why? What's the reasoning behind it? Some of them were most definitely worth 1000 certs.) but increasing infantry weapon prices across the board without a single reduction is just a slap in the face.

There's no thought or effort put behind them. It's just "increase infantry prices, decrease vehicle prices" with no rhyme or reason.
    • Up x 5
  9. CapEnTrade

1.Cert income has not changed dis-proportionally to the expenditure of said certs, and has in fact increased for everyone and especially for vets.
    2. Everyone knows how to earn certs.

You're being irrelevant.
    • Up x 2
  10. xromancex

I can handle the grinding and the frustration . This is not the problem . What i can't handle is developers trying to lie and deceive their player base . And knowing that they are planning the future of the game after that .
  11. Grumblefern

Forward Grip @ BR 2 is really nice.

Also you get early ranks of nano, ability/tool upgrades, etc.

I'm not defending the price hikes as the disparity between cost is still nonsensical and some factions still have to pay much less for important infantry guns than others.

However, it's a net gain for new players who, at the start, don't really need new shiny weapons as much as basic upgrades and attachments and so on.

One exception perhaps being NC who still begin with an extremely unwieldy LMG. Although I'd call the CARV unwieldy as well.

Pounders are amazing tho.

However it now costs 1k certs to get a dual AV MAX loadout of any kind which does suck. Although realistically, for TR there is no genuine AV MAX, and for NC they obviously want Ravens most of the time unless they're farming OHKs on infantry w/falcons at some cheesy farm. VS is the only faction I'd actually use the first gen AV option against vehicles as much or more than infantry/other MAXes.
    • Up x 1
  12. ShadowViper

Yet vehicle weapon and camo prices have dropped. Which would also make your points fall under the same flawed logic train - going off the rails in your mind.
  13. CapEnTrade

You said it brother.
  14. CapEnTrade

The fluctuations are not nearly proportionate and some vehicle weapons did increase in price.
    Get your facts straight.
  15. ShadowViper

My facts are straight but clearly yours are not. This sensational argument is quite amusing however.
  16. CapEnTrade

1. Vehicle prices on average lowed much less than other weapon's increased, I calculated these as mean averages.
    I am mathematically correct.

2. Take the prowler's Vulcan as one example. Yesterday it was 750, now it's like 825, some vehicle weapons DID increase.
    I am statistically correct.

3. You keep telling me that the above points are false when they are simply the unbiased facts.
    You are trolling, you even claim to receive "amusement".
    Leave, you are an irrelevant troll.

4. you are being a moron.
    • Up x 1
  17. \m/SLAYER\m/

well, Canister was about 250 or 500 certs now it 875 ftw
  18. Stargazer86

Well they weren't ALL reduced. But mostly.
  19. Drzewo

It was 1000. Every vehicle weapon which cost 1000c or 750c now cost 875c. Or some are still 1000c?
  20. CapEnTrade

Yeah, it's been averaged out on a somewhat high value.
  21. Lord_Mogul

Like getting a bolt sniper for VS and TR?
    I personally would prefer they give newcomers some guidelines for what to buy, like getting the heal and repair tools upped, buying a scope and invest into nanoweave/flak armor.

Or maybe like the survey on a new character, that asks questions about your favorite playstyle and guides you to some weapon suggestions.
    They should do exactly that with a loadout. Ask some questions, and than display some roadmaps to develop your loadout (I remember the medic and engineer guides by Wrel)

I mean, why do we start with an additional shotgun? Its not most versatile weapon, and nothing a new player would use that often.

Yes the Gauss SAW is really not a thing for beginners.
    It might be a powerful tool with huge stopping power and accuracy. Bit for that it needs trained hands.
    But in the hands of a new player it's misplaced. (especially if you consider it needs attachments like the grip to really shine)

Even after some time and experience (and playing TR as main) I still prefer the GD-22 on my NC it many situations. And on TR side I really like the MSW-R.
    Both are not that heavy, have a moderate versatillity and are way easier to master.

And why do they have do change the prices at all?!
    (except from some maybe neccesary balancings)
  22. Psykmoe

New characters may get 100 certs every rank until BR15 but the barrier of entry went way up for a bunch of stuff. Want paired AI max guns? 400 certs more than before (Muti/Cosmos/Grinder now 650) . Paired AV arms? 750 more than before (second Pounder/Falcon/Comet now 1000c) . Empire specific infantry farmer on harasser? 400 more. (250 to 650) Pair of bulldogs on a galaxy? 600 more than before (250 to 550 per unit). Want a G2A lock-on? 400 certs more than before. (250 to 650)

I guess this is all aimed at some imagined future PS4 audience who won't know any better what a ****** change this was for people who buy things with certs. The only thing that costs less certs than before seem to be vehicle guns that used to cost 1000, and they went down less than most other stuff went up.

875 certs for the empire specific AI gun for MBTs for example, previously 250.

And this is just costs for breaking into new roles, infantry weapons went up in cost as well if they previously cost less than 1000 certs, but they are somewhat less critical in terms of opening up the game for new players.

I mean I guess the newbie bonus certs can be used to max out your medic tool and get rez grenades or some repair tool levels sooner so your future cert gain is improved earlier than it would otherwise have been. Still, feels kind of crummy.
  23. ShadowViper

Awesome! You've even gotten a community college psychology degree too - Oh my! You're simply too educated for us plebeians. Please continue to educate us all. My pathetic trolling must not be working, so you better keep responding by typing with your rustled jimmies Ma'am. ;)
  24. 4wry

Making Planetside 2 accessible to new players is key to the sustainability of the franchise.!
    I fully agree to giving certs to new players <BR15, so that they can catch up quicker instead of being farmed until they eventually quit. Support of new players is needed and eventually the release of Koltyr will hopefully further aid in this.

New players entering the game keep planetside alive, and everyone should understand that. Period.
  25. Cornbane

It looks like the certs got normalized. The smaller cert costing things got increased, and the higher one's decreased. I also note that several items that would have cost 700 cash are down to 599, lower if you're All Access. All I see here is making putting money into the game being incentivized. Since the game is otherwise free, I see no problem with that. That may just be an All Access member talking though, the difference between the cert/cash methods is pretty much unnoticeable.
  26. Flyingconejo

The price for some basic weapons that most people would invest into to try new things has gone out of whack. If you thought that a lot of players did not try some of the roles in this game enough, this just compounds the problem.

More grind is always bad news, and the 1500 certs newbs will get for reaching BR 15 are not even close enough to balance this.

Gap between vets and newbies just got bigger.
  27. 4wry

One also has to understand that Daybreak needs to make revenue.

Have a look at open squads and the proportion of members (blue arrow) or people with boost (yellow arrow). Note that those are a vast minority, especially since the acquisition.

The price changes for the NS weapons went up, because those are bestsellers: most people have alts on other factions, but I don't estimate that many people create alts of the same faction on another server. I for one only invested SC in NS stuff consciously.

I'll admit that DBC prices were psychologically adjusted to seem less expensive (699 seem significantly less than 700 etc.). Keep in mind though that all the changes on PC will also be implemented on the PS4 version which is a huge market potential. If they make more money on the consoles, the game development continues longer - maybe eventually the work on a followup.

Prices have not changed in general, Cert prices for vehicles seem to have decreased: again to aid new players into matching up existing ones. Secondly, increasing the cert requirement for certain things makes it harder for players to advance too quickly.

The entire picture is more complex than it appears. Us players do not have the insight into all the internal process to reason why certain changes have been implemented the way they were.
    However, I do point out that constructive criticism and reasoning does make its way to the DEVs and they take it into account because I assume they love making the game.
  28. Drzewo

I think that new prices would be very hard for new players. They will get additional 1500 certs, but now it is close to none.
    Some exaples:
    TR Cycler TRV: 250 -> 650
    TR TAR: 250 -> 650
    Basic lock-ons: 2x250 -> 2x650
    Without alert bonuses (there still is "alert participation bonus" in XP info so may be it's just bug...?) it would be very long and painfull run to get some basic weapons. Especially for 15 BR.
    And even tempting bundles (50% off on daily sale aswell) are gone, replaced with some overpriced joke.

(to be honest, i'm lucky - i want just two more guns for my infantry and they are 1000c as they were, but thoughts about making an alt, maybe buying something for it now are gone)
  29. Psykmoe

Don't forget that Mutilators are now 650 and Pounders 1000, so if you wanted to get into playing a MAX with paired AI guns (Heavy Cycler+Mutilator was the cheapest entry combo) and paired AV (Pounders) that now costs 1400 certs more than before! That eats up most of the bonus certs already.

The bonus certs for the first 15 ranks are only a good deal if you never buy guns.

Bolding mine. The only cert costs that went down were a small number of vehicle guns that used to cost 1000 certs, and now cost 850. 150 less.
    Meanwhile EVERY infantry gun that used to cost less than 1000 certs became more expensive, none were reduced in cost.
    In hindsight I find this portion of Radar's post extremely misleading!
    • Up x 1
  30. AlterEgo

Some things went up from 250 to 650 certs... and the value sucks any ways. As a semi-Arabian, DBG's financial skills are insulting. This is the first change the game has ever implemented that SERIOUSLY hurts me. I'm F2P, I've stockpiled around 1,200 certs waiting, but now I realized I should've bought what I could. They need to lower the prices again, and instead of making changes to the game, they need to do something that has led to the cultural degradation of my generation: ADVERTISING. It worked when the new BF video game trailer came out (Battlefront II was my teenage girlfriend), but EA screwed it up too badly. Point is, to make money, you need to appeal to more people, something this game does VERY well when it's not riddled with questionable decisions made by the devs. Fix the financial issues, and then, initiate a massive propaganda campaign aimed at making this game well known. It can be done, I know it.
  31. TheChris

Most Weaponsprices are increased.
    250´s = 650 (Infantry) 875 (Vehicles)
    100´s = 325 (Infantry) 875 (Vehicles)
    750`s = 875 (Infantry / Vehicles)
    1000´s = 1000 (Infantry) 875 (Vehicles)

So who wanna tell me now all is gone Cheaper ?

I am player who wants to unlock by Playing.
    In this way i can say i have done something for my Gear.
    I felt happy to unlock my Gun for Certs. Do you know what i mean
    Much Players feel now forced to pay for thair Weapons. I can understand them.

Im sorry if my english is not perfect.

Kind Regards
    Chris
    • Up x 1
  32. AlterEgo

You got that right. Problem is, the prices increased TOO much... to the point where some price increases are downright questionable. I do not think a Canister costs 875 or whatever the hell it costs. Even 250 was a little too high. With the buff, it was just right, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that a burst weapon is worth 325 of my hard-earned certs.
    • Up x 1
  33. Psykmoe

Is that just Tankbuster and AI-noseguns for ESF or do Kobalts seriously cost 875 certs now?
  34. Jubikus

guess im the only one that this really only effected in a possitive way since i already had the infantry weapons i wanted for the most part except a few 1k ones that are well still 1k and have not certed out really any vehicles except with cheap crap so all the 1k weapons i missing for like the tail and top gun for my Galixy are now cheaper so i suppose i lucked out.

As for the 100 bonus certs for leveling 1-15 the guns being more expensive still shouldnt really effect you since the real things you should be certing are your abilitys and get some equips on your standard guns worry about getting new guns later on when you have a decent grasp on the game and triald a few guns and know what suits your play style best.
  35. Lucidius134

325 for burst guns

top kek
    • Up x 2
  36. Psykmoe

Whales like you or I who own pretty much everything but some 1000 cert guns are least affected.

Future new players won't know that on the bottom line they end up having it worse as soon as they try to buy guns to expand their gameplay options instead of upgrading the basic classes. They're probably the target of this nonsense.

People who recently started and are in the BR 40-50 range are hit the worst if they bought their kit with certs. They'd eat a loss if they rerolled because they did buy some stuff that would cost more than 1500 certs combined, so most of their future gun purchases are gonna be more expensive AND they didn't get the bonus certs. I recruited some folk back in March and they're rather frustrated now!

For example, I know at least one of my friends bought a G2A launcher, a Grinder, and a Falcon. 750 certs total before today. Now those 3 together would run him 2300 certs! Damn.
    • Up x 1