[Suggestion] Remove Friendly Fire

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by spaezitzle, May 18, 2015.

1. AxiomInsanity87

Off peak hours is where there is more diversity?.

Please explain how. I thought off peak was where there were less people playing with less diversity beyond 1v1 me bro as infi or ha and not enough people for any real kind of strategic depth.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

That logic is hilarious & sad.

So you would rather quit then go fight somewhere else or fall back to another base to counter assault or defend.
    • Up x 1
  3. 00000000000000000000

FTFY
    • Up x 1
  4. qiray12

The friendly fire is what makes a shooter much more interesting. Yes i do hate to get shot by friendlies but so be it.
  5. Hicksimus

I'm referring to the times when there is usually 1 ~96 player battle and a few 24v24 and under battles going on. During these times annoying things such as infantry render culling, terrible hit detection, massive spawn camps and sudden redeployside zerg surprise massacres or zerg line rushes don't exist. Add to that fewer trolls exist because they have a smaller audience(good luck blocking the vehicle terminal against the 1 person that wants it!) The HP/TTK values of vehicles and infantry are better balanced for this gameplay(much less insta-gib action) and the bases hold more value because you won't be suddenly winning them back when the zerg or an outfit returns from 1 line to outpop the enemy.

I'm sure it doesn't appeal to everybody, it sounds like you might not enjoy this. But I find prime-time action is too focused on having the numbers to blap things and not focused enough on making smart plays. Any outfit or zerg can find blap a sunderer immediately or attack an empty base to pull the battle around but in a 2 hour long <24v<24 it's a whole different game. You can still use Galaxy drops and well-placed sunderers and teamwork to great effect(greater effect than when every battle is huge or can instantly become huge)....but it also requires and rewards individual players for smart gameplay as well.
  6. raykor

No need to repeat all the good reasons people have already given you for why FF actually improves the battle experience in PS2. However, I would like to see two things...

#1 - A reduction in FF damage from vehicles. No matter how careful a driver tries to be, just brushing against a friendly often results in an unintended team kill.

#2 - Better monitoring of blatant FF team killers. I've looked up the kill boards of some of these folk and seen 50+ friendly kills in-a-row. I report the players over and over and still see them logged in the next day and the day after that, i.e. they don't receive so much as a suspension, much less the permanent ban they deserve.
  7. AxiomInsanity87

All that smart play happens though, it just doesn't seem like it for 1v1 me bro players because you're not part of it. Its random madness where you die a lot for people like you.

It sounds like you don't like the game for what it is and is focused around. Why are you here when there's a whole plethora of games that won't make you play at no life o'clock just for a bit of fun?.

You are aware that your type is what were trying to move away from right?. Smeds latest post also looks promising even for people like yourself as there will be an alternate mode where you can go and feel special.
  8. Regpuppy

If you're a cloaker that's constantly toggling cloak and hugging enemies mid battle. It's on no one but yourself when you take some friendly fire. Hell, there's a chance that you didn't unlcloak for your friendly until the bullets already left the chamber.

It doesn't help that in the provided video, you probably would've died to the bad guy shooting at you anyway.
  9. Eyeklops

I would be ok with slightly reduced friendly fire, but not eliminating it. Like tank/infantry guns/nades that one-shot-kill leaving friendlies with some (small) amount of health. I'm gonna pour one out to all the peeps I accidentally one-shot-killed while using a pump action shotgun. *amen*
  10. Nregroepis

But it's funny when I get team killed.
  11. fives23

Friendly fire is the only thing keeping the NC from world domination.
    I even made a meme about it.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  12. Astriania

As several people have said, friendly fire's essential for not making every A room and choke point an explosive spam competition. It also adds immersion and it makes you think about what you're doing (both with your gun and your movement).
    • Up x 1
  13. Leftconsin

If anything YOU were trying to get a kill steal with a knife and jumped in front of friendly fire. I'd honestly say you are at fault for your death here.

Now if you were next to the sunderer, or in the spawn room and a team mate just goes berserk and decided everyone visiting the infantry terminal isn't fighting hard enough and then proceeds to drop a few bricks of C4 to team kill everyone at spawn.... THEN you have the foundation for an argument against friendly fire damage.
  14. Kociboss

Remove this thread.
  15. spaezitzle

You are right. I usually don't pay attention to damage percentage thingy
  16. Hicksimus

Are you sure you aren't just angry towards me or just a troll? You seem to be. I'm a looooooooong time Planetside vet and I very much want it to be about teamwork....but teamwork can be so much more than a game of instagib and there's no real point to it at all without a real metagame. If anything Smeds last post makes me even less hopeful than I already was that PS2 would some day become a worthy Planetside game.
  17. Hicksimus

My preference of non-instagib gameplay where the server is running smoothly? I make a lot of posts that should offend people and I'm confused with why you guys are so bothered about these posts. Still, it's better discussion than removing team damage due to scrubs I suppose.

Back to my point. One of the hardest MMOs out there is EvE Online and it has been my go to for 10 years....it's slow paced 99% of the time and always requires team work and complex planning to maximize the experience(and those are the bare minimums to succeed in it).....but it has something to offer solo players and even with my character being part biggest coalition of the game I pursue some solo content. The important part for enjoyment is that I can have a goal with a tangible and significant outcome. That's where PS2 falls flat on its face for me. I'll gladly be part of an outfit/platoon working towards a tangible and significant outcome(especially when being part of an outfit/platoon makes the outcome and the road to it even more satisfying)....until then this game follows BF3 and CoD too closely and myself and many others can't be bothered with it.

(double post because I missed a comment)
  18. Dowlphin

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO (reload) NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO ... NEED AMMO!
  19. IDayRax

I would like it removed but while use a magrider
    It is really frustrating to go over your allies
  20. Nalothisal

XDDDDD 10-10 ING best post