[Vehicle] Vanguard OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SwegJuce, May 16, 2015.

1. Sebastien

That's what it is. VS players are superior. kekekeke
  2. stalkish

Firstly i dont understand your gripe, you went 2 mags 1/2 vs 1 van 2/2 and you killed it while it killed one of you, i dont see what your gripe is i really dont, both sides lost 1 tank.

Having said that what you should have done is shoot your main cannon at the van, then switch to your saron and unload the clip (unless your running an AI secondary, surely you wernt outfitted to kill infantry and are now complaining an AV tank got you). You double your firepower doing this as long as you wait out your pri cannons reload. 2 of you doing this will almost insta kill the van....

Or you could have sat there trading shots with its frontal armour while your friend flanked around the back, Van has no choice but to allow one of you a rear shot.
    • Up x 1
  3. stalkish

Why all of a sudden is hitting with 2 shots hard?????
    Infantry hit constantly with fully automatic rifles but suddenly a 2 shot tank cannon is 'hard' to use.

Also saying something is fast includes acceleration and its ability to corner. My saloon car has a higher top speed than an F1 car, theres no way in hell id call an F1 car slow when compared to mine.
  4. Goretzu

I would imagine it does, except perhaps specifically toe to toe.

The problem for the Vans performance (IMO) essentially is that a bit more toughness doesn't make up for less DPS & less mobility - it didn't even before the shield was nerfed never mind now.
    • Up x 2
  5. lothbrook

The issue is that the front of a VG doesn't take more shots/reloads than the front of a magrider or prowler, if i remember correct its 6 shots from the mag FPC to kill a prowler and VG, and the second shot from a prowler mag instead of the first on its last reload, increasing the TTK against a VG a whopping .5 seconds against a prowler, lol.

Basically the VGs only advantage is it has slightly higher velocity while its mobile, which means dick because turrets aren't stabilized, and it has the best activated ability which only lasts 6 seconds and is down for most of the time, meaning its great for a 1v1 close in fight, and retreating to safety.
    • Up x 1
  6. 00000000000000000000

Really? In all your wisdom you can't tell why hitting with TWO shots may be harder than hitting with ONE shot?

I was referring to fast as speed, particularly top speed. I guess I should have specifically said "Top Speed".

Acceleration is its own category of fast, as you can be fast with **** acceleration (See Mario Karts "Heavy" class)

Also your sedan does 300+ kph?
  7. Sebastien

If his sedan is putting out +1000 at the wheels, it's entirely possible. The only issue is finding a place to hit those speeds, because right now the common person would only reach that on the autobahn.
  8. Mongychops

Seriously, this is my exact point, Vanguard drivers who are either trolling or can't read.

I just said completely the opposite to Mag drivers simply being more skilled. In the post you quoted, I explicitly stated that Magrider drivers tended to have more certs, and that the Magrider itself tends to require more certs to perform, though scales better with them.

What's the point of posting on the forum if you aren't going to read?
  9. Pikachu

10. Towie

This.

Well said - and the MBT 'death' stats tend to agree - http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthly-vehicle-deaths/

Of the AP cannons, the P2-120AP and Titan-150AP tend to best at killing other MBTs, the FPC is some way behind.

When i'm driving a Vanguard, I think - oh good, a Magrider.

When i'm driving a Magrider, I think - oh god, a Vanguard.

Just play to the strengths...
  11. ColonelChingles

First, let me make it clear that I really don't have a dog in this fight. I'm not an MBT operator... I do Lightnings, which are the same across all factions. This isn't personal at all for me (and it shouldn't be for you) because no matter what happens to MBTs it won't affect me.

Second, let me apologize for not being more clear.

I believe I did understand your claim exactly, that the difference in performance is because on average the NC have lower BRs and hence less experience/certs to outfit their tanks. And I did admit that this seems to be a plausible idea.

However the data fails to back this up. Why?

If you look at average HEAT BR ranks, the NC are as usual the lowest (46.9 compared to 50.8 for TR and 54.7 for VS). But at the same time they have the best vehicle kills per hour with the HEAT cannon.

Thus what the data is telling me is that your claim, that BR correlates to performance, doesn't hold up. The NC have the lowest average BR with the HEAT cannon, yet the best performance.

Now what's the reason for this? Probably because when it comes to tanking, incremental cert upgrades aren't all that important. As any tanker knows, what is more critical to surviving a tank battle is 1) bringing the right cannon, 2) proper flanking and positioning, and 3) coordination and teamwork. It doesn't matter that someone can reload their cannon by 0.1 seconds faster if you get the drop on them. Fancy optics can't make up for situational awareness or good aim. And no armor upgrade in the world protects you from rear hits.

That's the basis on which I disagree with your claim, which while plausible is not supported by the observable data.
    • Up x 1
  12. Sebastien

You're right. I didn't read anything. I deliberately misconstrued because it's funny, because everything on this forum is ultimately meaningless. The only thing worthy of any time or thought is providing advice.
  13. Astriania

Oh wow you guys are serious :rolleyes:

Vanguard is the worst performing tank, it was the worst performing tank before the shield got nerfed, and it needs improving, not making even worse.
    • Up x 3
  14. SwegJuce

15. JohnGalt36

This thread is hilarious. I swear, people just pull a gun or vehicle name out of a hat to start an OP conversation on the forums... and a VS player, of all people!
    • Up x 1
  16. stalkish

When did i state that.
    You never answered my question, i wonder why.......
  17. Mianera

^ Well THERE's your problem. You don't know how to pick a fight with a Vanguard.

Pro tip: Flank him in medium range, shuffle left right and one of you constantly shoots him in the rear. GG
  18. Goretzu

Just saying I think you probably should get a few more than 4 hours in a vehicle before saying it should be roundly nerfed (again) when it is already the worst performing MBT overall (and was even before the last nerf).
    • Up x 1
  19. Thelostrune

What an odd way to spell "Magrider". Shame it seemed like an objectively right thread title.
  20. 00000000000000000000

So which part did you not state and which part didn't I answer?
    Just so I can answer your questions clearly.