[Suggestion] Add an HS/NV scope to snipers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, May 17, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Title, all snipers except the 500 ms bolts should get one scope HS/NV. ideally itll be an 8x or 6x and highlight people up to 175m. reason for this being giving medium range snipers (in bases and such, manning overwatch, or just shooting mans as they get closer to your hill) a way to see through smoke and night. The reason the 500 ms bolts shouldnt get it is they have other 'advantages' in how they work.
    • Up x 4
  2. Pat22

You realize that smoke pretty much exists specifically to protect your troops from long-range fire like snipers, AV maxes and stuff, right?
    • Up x 1
  3. Ballto21

yes but it can also be turned off in the .ini as a legal exploit, i dont think its been fixed yet. you could cap the range at something lower. its supposed to mask a push, but with q spam that doesnt really help
  4. Scr1nRusher

I actually would be all for this.

Also..... all sniper rifles should have access to all scopes.
  5. Ballto21

send the 500 ms bolts to the trash bin scout rifle category where they belong.
  6. \m/SLAYER\m/

only Scout Rifles has it, and its one of the reasons to use smoke - hiding from snipers
  7. ExarRazor

uh, no.

snipers are annoying enough as is

they don't need even more ways to be annoying
  8. TheKhopesh

These are generally referred to as the 1.35x (AKA low magnification) sniper rifles.
    (Just for future reference. :p)
  9. Scr1nRusher

Do have experience playing as them?
  10. RedArmy

why must Ballto post all this nonsense everywhere. the game will not cater to your every command, stop asking
  11. BlueSkies

you could put 1x IR/NV scopes on BASRs in beta.. it was fun
  12. Ballto21

• Up x 1
  13. Lucidius134

Maybe on the 1-4x snipers it'd make sense??? Why Not?
  14. Ballto21

because theyre already trash, theres no reason to polish a turd.

my personal opinions aside,they already have a lot of advantages at those ranges than normal snipers, they dont need another
  15. 7 Drunk Midgets

Trash? My fastest auraxium was the TSAR, even faster than the Armistice, and I'm terrible.
  16. Ballto21

try using a 6x scope sr7 or m77b with enhanced targeting. you wont regret it, youll find it easier to lead targets because mildots and higher velocity and have the added benefit of more range
  17. Mythologicus

People don't use weapons like the TSAR because they want range.
  18. Ballto21

then its not a sniper is it?
  19. LodeTria

I assume it will have the scope sway the HS/NV has?
    Yeah sure why not.
  20. HLM

Had some pretty cool sniper scopes back in the old days:

[IMG]

[IMG]