Dear forumside, air is 100% balanced, if anything, tanks need a nerf.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, May 16, 2015.

1. Alarox

When I was a BR20 playing on a potato I could C4 tanks all day. That's what I did for a long time.

After having >800 hours of experience with tanks on top of having the most aircraft kills with a tank in the game, it is still a challenge. It also isn't a hard counter to air considering the fact that A2G is a true hard counter to tanks that you can't actually defend against unless they make horrible mistakes while you play it perfectly.

If your complaint is that C4 is bugged then I agree and it frustrates me as well. Nothing is more frustrating than tossing two bricks on a tank, waiting 10s, and dealing a tiny bit of damage because they slid off server side.
  2. AxiomInsanity87

And then you realised that most 40k fans are bums who want 1000 point games and treat larger games as if its cancer and 9/10 they are space marines?.
  3. Ballto21

let me rephrase

its a pain in the *** to learn, and a pain in the *** to do, but like anything in this game, when you do learn it, you can do it reliably. its not 100% of the time going to work, youll still miss, and itll still be a pain, but its still easy enough to do. and it should be such a pain.

i once played a 15,000 point fantasy game and a 16,000 point 40k game at the same time in the same meaple mart. it was high elves versus skaven and Tau versus imperial guard. It was glorious, a pain in the ******* ***, took hours, i lost the 40k one and would up getting a lucky fear off on my phoenix guard against a massive slave unit, charged it, destroyed it, and basically crippled the fantasy army.

It was a good day.
    • Up x 2
  4. AxiomInsanity87

Damn straight you lost to imperial guard.
  5. Alarox

At this point it is my word against yours.

How would you even know? How many ESFs have you shot down with an AP cannon? How many times have you been obliterated by A2G weapons with no way to respond? Reality is much different than your theory.
  6. Ballto21

everything in this games a pain in the *** to learn but easy enough to do reliably when you understand the basics of how its done and replicate it a few times
  7. Alarox

In order to say that "everything in this game is X" you have to have an understanding of everything in the game.

If you have 100,000 boxes and the first 100 you open have X in them, you can't declare that all 100,000 boxes have X.

It is just an excuse to not open the other 99,900 boxes and believe what is convenient.
  8. AxiomInsanity87

False.

Everything depends on an individuals learning curve and experience.

Some people are just bad and hide in trees, shooting people in the back and constantly ask for nerfs.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ballto21

No, but if i had opened 50,000 boxes and they all had X in them, i could assume the rest did. Opening 0.1% of all boxes wouldnt tell me anything, but opening 50% its safe to make an assumption. Since ive reasonably improved myself into being able to reliably do many things to some effect as infantry, it stands to reason that eventually, when i get better at various vehicles, itll become trivial at some point, even if its a pain to learn
  10. Ballto21

haven't met anyone like that yet, direct me to them when you find one
    • Up x 1
  11. Alarox

You think that anything in the game will eventually become trivial without even having tried it?

Basing this on becoming slightly above average at infantry combat is even more ridiculous. If you were a prodigy at the game then I could understand, but I know people like that in this game and even they aren't great at everything they try. Even people who are godlike at infantry combat can't transfer those skills over to things like shooting down aircraft. It is a different skillset entirely.
  12. Ballto21

im not saying because im mildly above average at infantry ill be the same in tanks, but with enough practice everything will become trivial eventually at some point
  13. Sebastien

Could be worse. Could be playing a 1500 game against a Riptide triple threat
    • Up x 1
  14. Mythologicus

This is like the complete opposite to the tidal wave of "Tankbuster OP" threads that we've had over and over.

You're pretty much just talking out of your *** for the sake of talking at this point.

Also, lolHE.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ballto21

i have nothing better to do most times than ****post on forumside. honestly arguing for the sake of arguing is the only metagame ps2 has and the only entertainment i get as a lowly business analyst and stock investor.
    • Up x 1
  16. Scr1nRusher

Shouldn't you be playing NC then?
  17. Ballto21

i mostly invest in computer parts companies and oil, and the majority of what i do in real job is for pharmaceutical companies, so SCIENCE
    • Up x 1
  18. Kirppu1

then apply them and move on
  19. Ianneman

When I saw the title I was going to make a lengthy and brutal retort, but instead reading your post just made me laugh my ******* *** off.
    • Up x 1
  20. Lord_Avatar

Ballto, what you wrote made me like Scr1nRusher's response - something I previously deemed pretty much impossible. Please - ease up on the trolling...
    • Up x 2