Best way to defend a bio lab

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by thingymajigy, May 14, 2015.

1. thingymajigy

You are never safe from the lolpod farmers...

[IMG]

[IMG]

And the NC only charged into the lab once I crashed...:p

2. Gutseen

and then they grpraped u with bursters
  3. thingymajigy

That happens quite a lot of the time actually. It wasn't too much of a problem before the banshee got nerfed.

This time I just flipped and crashed though.
  4. Nregroepis

I once saw a Magrider inside the bio lab.
  5. JudgeNu

Biolabs need a complete overhaul.
    They have become a detriment to healthy gameplay.
    • Up x 3
  6. ScrapyardBob

The central problem is that you have all of the capture points (and things like generators / SCU) within a tiny 80m diameter circle. That's going to be a CF no matter what.

The devs need to redesign the bio-labs by merging the old satellite bases back into the main complex.
    • Each satellite should be a spawn point for the *defending* faction (not whomever has control of the point)
    • Each satellite needs a SCU shield generator + SCU, both on 60 second timers
    • Each satellite should have one of the capture points for the bio-lab complex
    As a result, 3-4 of the 5 capture points for the Bio-Lab would no longer be inside the dome. So just like some of the towers bases with 3 capture points, the defenders can *slow* the capture by turtle defense, they can't *stop* the capture. Defenders must break out of the dome and re-capture at least one satellite to reverse the progress.
    This would also spread the fight over a 500-750m diameter area instead of being concentrated into the main dome. That means concentration of forces and re-positioning of forces are rewarded (tactics > brute force). Attackers need to make sure that the satellites aren't used as rally points by keeping those SCU gens offline and holding the points. Defenders can take advantage of bad tactics and re-start the SCU at a satellite and then use it to counterattack.
    On a 5 capture point base, holding 5/5 should be a 5 minute cap, holding 4/5 should be a 10 minute cap and 3/5 should be a 20 minute capture.
  7. breeje

i actually like the biolabs like the are
    they are an guarantee for epic battles that can last all day