Enough with the acronyms. Speak english!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChUnKiFieR, May 14, 2015.

1. ChUnKiFieR

Half the time I have no idea what you people are trying to say because you all are so cleaver with your game speak. I've figured out most of them after a year or so but hey, let's give the new people and part timers a break aye? Don't be lazy, type it out!
    • Up x 1
  2. Lemposs

So question, if a person doesn't even know the acronym for something, are we to expect they have any knowledge or interest in the discussion?
    • Up x 2
  3. ColonelChingles

Radar X came up with a glossary of commonly used terms awhile back... might be worth mentioning.

As with anything, when new arrivals come in it's sort of up to them to learn the new lingo.
    • Up x 7
  4. Ballto21

WTF LTSIA INTH IIRC YCFGT TTYL
  5. Liberty

Pretty much every gaming community out there has its own lexicon to it, Planetside is really no different. If there is something you don't understand, ask and 9 times out of 10 someone will come along and explain it to you. Sure there might be a few ******** who will call you a noob, but you'll still learn from the helpful members of the community.
    • Up x 2
  6. ChUnKiFieR

Great, a reference card. Just what I need to be carrying around through all the forums.

Not!

Like I said before, don't be lazy, type it out.

Is it really that hard to do or is it more important to sound cool to the noobs?
  7. The Rogue Wolf

Because typing out "anti-aircraft weapon" rather than "AA" twenty-four times in a post is going to get a little tiresome.
    • Up x 6
  8. Ballto21

HIYDUALMLG WTF AYEDITG YFTS JUASUAYTT
  9. ChUnKiFieR

You know you're right. If only there was something called "Copy & Paste".
  10. Lemposs

Okay, so we should all stop doing something that we have been doing for two years, because YOU can't be asked to learn and memories it?
    • Up x 3
  11. Tommyp2006

• Up x 4
  12. ChUnKiFieR

Now who's telling who what to do!
  13. Ballto21

SY
  14. Tommyp2006

15. Alarox

Like what? I'm curious for examples.
    • Up x 2
  16. Rogueghost

Not using the acronyms can get very clunky, especially when talking about weapon stats.

Using aiming down sights, cone of fire, rate of fire, and damage per mag three times a sentence compared to ads, cof, rof, and dpm can make posts unnecessarily wordy and hard to read.
    • Up x 1
  17. DQCraze

I wonder how the people of China would feel if i traveled there and demanded they speak english because i couldnt understand what they where saying...
    • Up x 4
  18. Lenox

Well if you don't like acronyms, how about nicknames?!

I like to call VS Scythes "Toasters."

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. Mad Hatter

PSA?
    • Up x 4
  20. The Rogue Wolf

So if I want to talk about the COF and DPS of AA, or maybe the ROF of the MCG, that's gonna be a lot of copypasting.
    • Up x 1