[Suggestion] Requests to buff TR weapons - and the scum who opposes it

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HAXTIME, May 13, 2015.

1. Jbrain

Tr weapons are fine. Even on my lowbie tr alt I have a much easier time getting kills than I did on any of my nc weapons. Just learn to control your weapon and your aim and youl see your weapons are amazing. Because of your high rpm you can even miss a few shots and still win.
  2. HAXTIME

They are not. But do we have an instant hitting particle-beam alternative to our G2G lock-on launcher? Or a camera guided launcher?

There is no shame in admitting these do sound more interesting (since I'm certain they were worked on for a much longer time, especially the latter) than a stock lock-on launcher, to which all factions have access, copy-paste.
  3. HAXTIME

We are talking about ES weapons, not common pool almost copy-paste ones. Sure the Lynx is good. Just like the GD-7F, they perform the same role.
  4. HAXTIME

Please elaborate on how this would help me deal with an enroaching armor-column with raven or vortex support from a mountain. Because against air I'd rather pull a dual burster max.
  5. FocusLight

You don't get the point do you? "It's not THAT bad!" Is not a damn argument, it's a "shut it you can still kill with your weapons os it don't matter that they are the worse ones."

This tread is for requesting buffs for the TR weapons that DO NEED IT, your whine that people dare to request that because 'not all TR guns are complete trash yet' is nothing but a pointless waste of time, and stating that you would rather see a cosmetic boost to VS is nothing more than a topic-change. Open your own tread for that, in here it's utterly off topic.
    • Up x 2
  6. FocusLight

Ignorant anecdote about infantry weapons when the tread is about the Empire specific launchers, sniper rifle, MAX AV weapons and so on.

Read the tread and comprehend it, then post plz.
    • Up x 2
  7. Geneaux

Woah, I expected this thread to be another whine thread, but this is highly constructive thread. Kudos for keeping things sensible!

As for buffs, imo is anecdotal and minor at best but I'd like a slight damage buff and a definitive accuracy buff. Striker... it needs serious work. DBG needs to figure what is their image of this gun how its supposed to work or whatever the vision was for the gun when it was created. LMGs and ARs could use buffs? I don't know, though I've been satisfied with most of them. T4 AMP feels lacking. TRAP, never bought it, but I tried it out in VR when it first came out: felt wholly uninteresting and uninspired.

If we get very wide weapon buffs, I hope they're RoF buffs first. We SHOULD have the fastest firing weapons by a wide margin.High RoF can counted on the hand for the most part, and they aren't many.

Off topic: I think VS could use a more definitive characteristic for their weaponry like plasma burns or something.
    • Up x 1
  8. Revel

The problem is definitely AV ability. I can live with Orion being the best default LMG because the MSW-R is cheap and pretty decent. Pounders are mediocre at long range thanks to the bad drop and thus have a high learning curve, Fractures are just terrible all around now, and the Striker is a useless piece of garbage. I'd kill for something like the Lancer on TR that makes HA an actual long range threat to vehicles.

For TR its either vehicle mines, Mana Turret (which still needs a nerf IMO thanks to rendering) or C4. Its time to just dump the Striker and give the TR something new.
    • Up x 1
  9. Mezinov

Am I the only person on the forum who likes the new Striker?
    • Up x 1
  10. Revel

Yes.
  11. Geneaux

Wait was the Striker reworked again this past month or so? I recall the update that removed the lock-on, turning into a dumb-fire.
  12. TerminalT6

I enjoy using guns that the majority of players think are terrible. That being said, I don't understand all the hatred directed at the Hailstorm, or the AMP. TR, like all factions, has a multitude of "meh" guns that no one really uses except directive hunters, who drop them immediately after 'Rax. That's not terrible, but I don't think we have many outstandingly "best-in-class plz nerf nerf nerf" weapons either. Some say the Jaguar is the best individual carbine, but I don't see MLG-tier headshot machine players using it... (they all play heavy).

I understand the really lackluster feeling about TR's arsenal, but I have a hard time pinpointing guns that are unfairly poor, other than the obvious Striker and TRAP. We could probably kick a few guns up a notch or two, though.

In My Humble Opinion: Infantry guns that could use slight tweaks

LMG's:
    TMG-50 (made for range, but not great at it)
    T16 Rhino (I don't hate it, but it's boring)
    Butcher (Pretty much a CARV downgrade)

Carbines:
    T5 AMC (has some accuracy issues last I checked, high potential)
    HC1 Cougar (maybe it deserves to be sub-par as a faction-equalizer)

Sidearms:
    Inquisitor (worse hip accuracy than Emperor?)
    Emperor (Magshot/Beamer downgrade)
    AMP (Like all "new" ES pistols, gimmicky)

I don't know how to "fix" these, just that they don't feel/perform well.

Feel free to fact-check me, most of this is based on personal experience.
    I don't have experience with our assault rifles (only 1 bronze medal), but from what I hear they're as good as they get.
  13. Mezinov

The "old" Striker only fired with Lock. The "new" Striker dumbfires at ground vehicles, and homes a-la Coyotes at aircraft.
  14. Geneaux

Ok, its the same as I remember it then.
  15. Liberty

What the TR has - Great LMG's (Carv, MSWR) greatest, no, but still great.

The Best AR's (TAR, TRV, SABR, T1 Cycler, TORQ-9 seriously, so many solid options)

Decent Carbines (Trac-5, Jag, Lynx - I still like it)

SMG is middle of the pack between amazing Cyclone and whatever you want to call the Eridani.

Snipers - TRAP meh, but TSAR is the way to go anyway and every faction is the same.

Lockdown Prowlers - Far and above the best team based ability for MBT's. Vanguard shield is better for 1 v 1's, lockdown is miles better running with a platoon / squad.

What the TR is lacking - Long ranged infantry and MAX AV options. Assuming you have a squad, lancer is miles ahead of striker. Ravens and Vortex blow fractures out of the water for ease of use.

MAX ability - Lockdown is super situational (but no one really has a "great" MAX ability.) No where near as good as prowler lockdown though.

Empire Specific Heavy Weapon - Middle of the road. Jackhammer is the best at what it does, Lasher is very situational and squad based. MCG is mostly a novelty as you are better served by good aim and one of the two listed LMG's above.
    • Up x 2
  16. axiom537

Anchor mode - Max Reload AP Prowler & Vulcan Harasser

There are two reasons...

Seriously though, the Fractures & Strikers could use a little love, both are not performing as well as their counterparts. I don't get into infantry weapons too much. I use 2 or 3 weapons top from each faction and could careless, I kill equally well with all of them.

As for Lock-Down, I think it is easily the best MAX ability and is under utilized, especially now that it has been buffed. It's all about timing, positioning and knowing when to lock and unlock, but once you have that down its a hell of a boost. especially with Pounders and Bursters.
  17. Quikloc007

I think your a little emotional about things. Deep breathing works for me.:) And besides, whats wrong with relaxing the posterior on VS male armor first before creating more threads about how TR weapons are OP.:p
  18. RedArmy

other than the MSWR for TR all our LMGs i think are aweful. but i play almost exclusivly with the Lynx/Jag and Torq9 i think are perfect the way they are - i dont use the other guns cuz they have no purpose based on my playstyle - perhaps rather than whining about how the guns are bad, find a gun that matches how you play and use that
  19. day ofm one

Reasons I even play TR anymore:

- I am close to finishing 2 directives and finished a third recently
    - I have more certs

Recent tendency:

- drifting away to NC and VS
    - returning to TR for directives (which drive me mad cause they are only grinding and I hate the last requirement for each tree)
    - extremely frustrated as TR
    - back to VS and NC
    • Up x 1
  20. HAXTIME

It could be laser guided.