[BUG] Slug Shotgun > Battle/Scout Rifle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nalothisal, May 13, 2015.

1. Nalothisal

What the *** is this? at 60m Slug shottys are BETTER than a battle rifle? Da fuq? It takes three shots from a slug but FIVE from the battle rifle?! This crap is inexcusable and needs to be fixed now.. Holy crap.
  2. Pat22

If someone is hitting you at 60m with a slug shotgun, stop standing still like a dummy.
    They have horrible velocity and massive drop, not to mention horrendous CoF if the shooter is moving.
    • Up x 9
  3. Nalothisal

yeah but FIVE SHOTS from a BATTLE RIFLE verses 3? That is bull.
  4. Pat22

Yes, slug rounds are much bigger than battle rifle rounds, but that absolutely does not make slug shotguns better at range than battle rifles. In fact it's probably specifically for that reason that slugs suck so much right now.
    • Up x 3
  5. Nalothisal

Well you would think that a Battle Rifle would pack more of a punch than a slug...I mean it's a fricken RIFLE.
  6. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Exactly.
    It's build for accuracy and firing multiple rounds, and barely loses damage potential over distance.
    It has higher firerate, significantly higher projectile velocity, and is easier to aim and keep on target.
    I don't think I've ever been hit repeatedly by a shotgun at over 30 meters.
    That is, not even twice.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pikachu

Slugs do 500 damage. Battle rifles do 250. Battle rfles are just a damage tier above gauss saw but cant be fired auto. Slugs have p*** poor drop and velocity.
  8. TheBlindFreak

I'm not sure if you understand how projectiles work. Larger blunt projectiles like slug rounds rip holes. Aerodynamic smaller rounds, like a rifle would fire, pierce holes.

Then to address the topic of balance: It's fine. The battle rifle has better refire time, cof stats, projectile velocity, and damage falloff. It's a far more efficient weapon.

Slugs suck at the moment. The only exception being slugs on NC maxes.
  9. Iridar51

OMG bolt action sniper rifles kill in just 1 shot! THEY'RE SO OP! That's why everyone and their dog uses nothing but them, everywhere.

/sarcasm mode off
    There are other important statistics beyond bullet damage.
  10. XanIves

It's the difference between catapulting a boulder at someone vs launching small pebbles at high speed. Shotguns are the catapult, and slugs are the boulders.
  11. JohnGalt36

Clearly, someone has never seen the damage difference in real life between a .223 or .308 "battle rifle" and a 12ga slug at 60m.

Spoiler alert: The slug absolutely annihilates rifle calibers inside of 100m.
  12. Luminus

Slugs drop like sacks of potatoes.
    You might be on to something with this rant of VS slugs still ignored gravity but that's long gone.
  13. Cinnamon

I think that shotguns have a lower headshot multiplier which can even out the number of shots to kill a bit more.
    • Up x 1
  14. Pat22

Pump action slugs do 500, semi-auto slugs do less, I'm guessing 400 seeing as it's a two headshot kill and three body shot kill.
  15. Pikachu

Slugs have lower headshot multiplier. If you try in VR you will notice that 1 slug is just enough to take away the shield, and 2 is enough to kill. The 2HK range for slugs is shorter than that of pellets though. :)
  16. Pat22

I have been one-shot by a slug pump-action before though. Just once, so it might have been a bug or something...
  17. Pikachu

Pump slugs kill with headshot. I talked about semi slugs.
  18. Ballto21

I unironically, and no bs, think battle rifles are overpowered as **** and just most people dont know how to use them.
  19. Garrum

You are wrong.
    • Up x 1
  20. Lucidius134

I like to think battle rifles are more long range harrassment and support than out right killing potential. That's why the class that can use them also has infinite ammo.