MSW-R vs. Orion VS54

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by BobSanders123, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Mongychops

The bloom per shot is not different, the difference is the ADS moving CoF, which he did mention.
  2. MasterTater

BEFORE YOU STATE THAT I LIE - DO YOUR FKN HOMEWORK.

THE ORION AND ALL VS LMG WITH IT RECEIVED A MASSIVE MOVEMENT BLOOM DEBUFF.

IT WAS MEANT FOR THE ORION ONLY TO CATER ALL THOSE ****** CRYING TR AND NC WHICH ALREADY GOT THE BETTER WEAPONS FOR SEVERAL REASONS BUT IT BECAME ACTIVE FOR ALL VS LMG: THIS WAS A MISTAKE / BUG CALL IT WHATEVER YOU LIKE BUT IT IS IN THE GAME SINCE THE ORION NERF FOR ALL LMG OF VS.
  3. Drag0

I don't know because I'm not a scientist. But in my opinion I think the Orion is better. The MSW-R is one of my favorite rifles if loaded out right.
  4. Drag0

Its kind of funny seeing players with 4+/1 K/D saying stuff needs a nerf lol! Oh of course because we want you to just never die and have the most awesomeness stats and your mom will be so happy and finally you will get laid and might even get herpes to brag about to your friends.
  5. Mongychops

Nope, you lie.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...cember-17-2013-9-30-am-pt-6-30-pm-cet.162621/

• All VS LMGs now match the LMG standard of having a 0.2 crouch move COF and a 0.4 stand-move LMG COF. The VS carbines and assault rifles retain their high moving accuracy because it offsets them having lower magazine sizes and a lower than average rate of fire, which are traits that the VS LMGs don’t share.
  6. MorganM

Prorion is the most overrated gun in the freak'n game. I just don't get it... internet myth that ignornat newbs keep perpetuating. It's a good gun but no where near the best or OP.
  7. MasterTater

"ORION IS OP"
    "BUT YOU HAVE ORION"
    "NERF ORION"
    = fake troll posts

spammed into reasonable VS suggestion or request posts to destroy any chance of constructive discussion by filling forum space with deceptive lies.

The gun is neither OP nor especially versatile across multiple ranges.

It´s more like a running gag to destroy constructive game improvements.

Even after the harsh troll post infused Orion nerf - the Orion is continously abused based on a lie to destroy forum discussions.

The Goal:

* to prevent other broken or inferior VS gear to be improved OR when it comes to

* to prevent comparable OP TR / NC gear to be corrected by stating "asymetreical faction advantages" in which the "OP ORION" would be the all game changing VS trait which justifies the other factions to keep 4-5 outperforming weapon categories over the VS.
  8. Dumpsterprophet

i actually like the msw more myself but the orion is good in close quarters without question. Oh and to those people that say betelgeuse is awesome take a look at the stats its only a small range increase from a base orion.
  9. Littleman

It's mostly the zero reload and infinite ammo that makes it awesome. VS get some actually cool directive weapons as a result of a unique mechanic. Everyone else gets things with attachments already installed and some minor, mostly forgettable perk. Maybe if the TR had exploding rounds (AI+AV damage baby!) and NC rounds punched through objects only so thick?
  10. qiray12

MSW-R is the winner for me mainly cus it actualy feels like a gun, theyre both not bad and on paper theyre close to equal.

You can say whatever you want wich one is better but if you just look at stats theyre close to the same its just the user making it better or worse.
  11. Peasnriz

Is this even a debate? Orion with that x0.75 movement and peekers advantage in CQC is an absolute monster.
    • Up x 1
  12. Zoobe

Triu Dat.
  13. agentpuhpul

yeahh orion is the best lmg out of all of em, imo. the .75 movement spd PLUS 750 rpm, just ridiculous.
  14. Mythologicus

The thing about the MSW-R is it handles exceptionally well and is far more of a mid-range monster than the Orion (though that's not to say that you can't mow people down from a distance with the Orion, but the recoil on that thing makes it difficult). Advanced laser sight is actually a very viable option on the MSW-R as the horizontal pull is both predictable and not really strong enough to be worrying, whereas the Orion will shake violently and unpredictably, meaning a forward grip is fairly mandatory. The Orion's recoil won't change CQC engagements, but it'll definitely hurt at any distance beyond that. As an added note, the Betelgeuse's inability to use a forward grip limits its usefulness outside of indefinitely mincing one enemy at a time in CQC.

The laser sight is a big deal as it lets you charge into rooms and slaughter enemies with impunity, at least until your ammo runs out, whereas without you'd mostly be forced to pick people off one by one with ADS. It also makes for an exceptionally powerful combo with a suppressor, as you can quickly and silently take down enemies and relocate with ease (see also: suppressed Polaris with ADV. Laser).

I originally wasn't convinced by the MSW-R and stuck to the CARV, but it has grown on me since. I like both the MSW-R and the Orion a lot - the former handles so smoothly and the latter is fun to use simply because it's such a pain in the *** (Betelgeuse). Right now though, I'd take an MSW-R over an Orion primarily due to flavour-of-the-month-feels and because it's so damn satisfying to use.

Disclaimer: 0.75 ADS on the Orion is a thing and I can't say I wholly approve of it, but I find it hard to formulate a solid opinion on it after repeated engagements both with and against it. I notice a large survivability increase when using it, but since my aim has improved I don't notice Orion-users to be overly problematic, so I don't know how to feel. That said, I have spent more time shooting it than being shot at by it, so I'll stick to my guns(lol) and say I don't like Orion 0.75 ADS, even if it is the Orion's only globally worthwhile feature.
  15. Corezer

TLDR
    "I would take the MSW-R over the Orion, if I could, but poor VS me is stuck with the Orion, it's just so inferior. <trollface.jpg>"

In reality, there's only a small difference between the two weapons, one has .75 ads to help you die less, the other has attachments to respawn with.
  16. Mythologicus

My TR is BR30+ and my VS is BR66, so yes, poor VS me.

The Orion isn't inferior by any stretch of the imagination, and I didn't say it was. Its strengths just aren't where I would want them to be at this point in time.
  17. Zoobe

Well said that man! this sums up the whole situation perfectly.
  18. Drag0

I don't care what the numbers say - the Orion is better
  19. Essencia

Here's the thing.

Recently my entire outfit of 30 people jumped ship from the NC to the Vanu for one night because nobody wanted to fight us on the Briggs server. (We're the R18 of the NC).

Immediately jumping onto the Vanu, our teamspeak erupted with comments about the Orion gun. It was easy mode. Pinpoint accuracy. "Why aren't we playing Vanu..." - "Because then we'll severely pwn the Briggs server" etc etc

While the thread is about the MSW-R vs the Orion... The Orion wins in my book not only because of the 0.75 movement (something I recently learned, tried, tested and love) but also that we're in dark camo so it's hard for the enemy to see us.

I have unlocked the MSW-R with softpoint, forward grip and reflect sight... feels very similar to the Orion but I've hand instances where the enemy ran right past me in dark places because they couldn't see through my camo.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this Orion when they reduce the 0.75 movement down to 0.50, and they're buffing the NC Gauss SAW a little bit.
    • Up x 1
  20. Erendil

Nevermind that it's actually the second least accurate LMG in the game (only the CARV is worse). :p

It sounds like your Outfit might have issues handling the recoil of NC LMGs. :cool: