Ravens still obviously superior to other AV MAXes by large margin

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bantaverish, May 2, 2015.

1. GhostAvatar

Lets take you logic and apply it to something else just to see how useless it is.

T9-Carv - 22.85 KPH
    Lightening HE - 46 KPH
    MBT HE - 45 KPH
    Zepher - 70-143 KPH

You see where I am going with this. They are all AI weapons after all. So it looks like they really need to buff the Carv. The fact that you have no idea how to compare data makes any discussion with you pointless. And I don't have the time or inclination to bother going into detail and educating you either. So have fun.
  2. MikeyGeeMan

3. HAXTIME

Yep, they are. Could we please get a decent buff to the Vortexes, and a significant boost to the Fractures?
    • Up x 2
  4. MikeyGeeMan

Not seeing the point of this thread.

Too many examples comparing av to av. A game with asymetrical balance will extoll virtues in other areas.

While NC does have the most powerful av max weapons....what weaknesses are evident that counter the good av.

To have balance all av weapons don't need to be balanced
    ..there has to be other areas that NC is weak in and the other factions are strong in.

Ie.

Max av. Nc>vs>tr
    Max Ai tr>nc>vs
    Max aa. Even

Which extends to different areas
    ... Its nit just simply all av weapons need to be on par with each other....its all just a bit short sighted.
    • Up x 2
  5. Dreez

You do realize that both all the TR and VS AV-weapons for MAX's has far longer range then Ravens tho... Ravens range now has been nerfed to where a tank can easily outrange the MAX and kill it without having to fear getting hit back.

However... both TR and VS AV-weapons has longer range then tanks and turrets. Today when defending a Tech-plant on Esamir, we were constantly getting our AV-turrets destroyed by enemy MAX's using AV-weapons and sitting outside spottingrange which made it impossible to see and hit the MAX's back.

Had this been Raven-MAX's hitting the AV-turrets, the MAX's would've been easily killed due to being well in range.

So careful what you ask for...
  6. Jackplays17

Say their OP? Fine. They may be. Show us. MY CHALLENGE TO EVERYONE WHO SAYS SOMETHING IS "OP": GO ONTO THE FACTION THAT USES IT, FILM IT, AND PROVE ITS OP. IF EVERYONE PROVES THE RAVENS ARE OP IN VIDEOS, THEY WILL BE NERFED. Go do that, and until then, I wont listen to your cries. This goes for any nerf thread. if many people prove it, they will be nerfed.
  7. Konstantinn

I don't know what happened in that one case you describe in tech plant, but "both all the TR and VS AV-weapons for MAX's has far longer range than Ravens tho" this statement is false. Actual hit range is about same for all 3 weapons in question Ravens/Fractures/Vortex (talking about range where you might be hitting target, but doing no damage), however Ravens and Vortex are A LOT easier to aim.

Ravens are guided, pack a decent punch per hit (335 I believe), but are very slow 70m/s. Hitting a slow moving target around 200-300m isn't very difficult.

Vortex have velocity that is stupidly fast, it's close to small arms, 450m/s. Again it's about as difficult as hitting a tank with your rifle, oh yeah and it has no drop, so no need to compensate just point and click.

Fractures.... 180m/s velocity, you literally have to know where the enemy will be 1.5 seconds ahead of time to hit 200-300m range. Also have to compensate for significant drop. Slow velocity + drop compensation pretty much ensures that you will hardly ever hit a moving enemy at those ranges more than once or twice per 10 round magazine (about 450dmg in best case 2 Fractures hitting, that's like 1/3 of a single rocket launcher hit). So armor can pretty much ignore Fractures if they move slowly. If you stand still that's your own fault.

Add a cherry on top to screw over TR infantry completely at 200-300m anti-vehicle ranges:
    1. Striker is beyond useless.
    2. Phoenix is again slow and vulnerable, yet accurate up to 300m. It has some occasional uses.
    3. Lancer hits beyond 300m with once again stupidly fast projectile velocity, outclasses all other factions.

By the way I don't want Ravens nerfed in any way. Without them NC would be in almost same bad long range AV position as TR are right now, slightly mitigated by Phoenix (but realistically there are few situations where Phoenix shines).
    • Up x 2
  8. PostalDude

You gave the Striker the bad touch, mad we might give the Ravens it also ?
  9. FieldMarshall

100% accuracy, lots of damage and long range. I dont see anything wrong with that
  10. Mxiter

9.5 VKPH PER ARM

Dual ravens maxes would be around 19VKPH wich is way higher than most of stuffs.

TLDR:Also, C4 and tank mines KPH?? Deployable that you only hold while using it (few seconds) with high KPH/VKPH :eek:
  11. axiom537

NO.... 9.5 VKPH is both arms... Right Arm - 4.9 + Left Arm - 4.6 = 9.5 VKPH

C4 and Tank mines may be a deployable, but that just means that player can do other things, yet still use those weapons at a moments notice, in terms of cost they are still one of the most deadly AV weapons in this game and far exceed a 450 nanote AV max... Go look at that cause of death for pretty much every ground vehicle in this game and you will see Tank mines and C4 at the very top of the list, and none of the AV max's.

So my argument is still completely valid and accurate...For the cost of 450 Nanites the dedicated AV MAX's are not performing nearly as well as most if not all other forms of AV weapons and it is the Vortex's and Fractures that should be buffed...
  12. axiom537

Yes, lets pick the lowest performing LMG for your example rather then the top performing... And you may be right the Carv probably does deserve a buff especially when we look at the top performing LMG's, which are completely in line with other AI weapons.

Beteguese - 64.52 KPH
    GodSAW - 55 KPH
    T9A - 46 KPH

Zephry - 45 KPH ( I wouldn't use the Zephry, because it is a secondary gun, requiring a pilot and gunner)
    Light HE - 45.6 KPH
    MBT HE - 41 KPH

MAX Hacksaws - 53.4 KPH
    MAX Onslaughts - 50 KPH
    MAX Blue Shift - 51 KPH

You are correct it is not ideal to compare all of the different AV weapons / Vehicles, but it does give us some perspective at how effective those other weapons and vehicles are in a general comparison. Of course we need to take many other things into consideration, but for generalizations it helps. Especially, when generalized claims are made such as "The Ravens are the most OP AV weapon in the game."

And even in your example to try and prove my example is pointless. when we actually look at the differing AI weapons and vehicles we see they are all in the same general range for infantry kills.

So I stand by my example, as a generalization in an attempt to give some perspective as to what other AV weapons and vehicles are capable of and in a rough comparison with other sources of AV the Ravens and all of the AV MAX's are under performing.
  13. TheBlindFreak

I don't think you even know what hitscanning means.
  14. Jackplays17

Thats not what im saying. Im saying prove it. I collected a few vids of the striker being OP on an alt account TR character a while back. Do it now. Prove it. Dont just scream "NERF NOAW! IT MADE ME GO BOOM ONCE!". I havent actually ever used the ravens. Prove to me they are OP.
  15. Konstantinn

What's with this video proof obsession in this thread? Anyone can make a montage of short clips killing with any weapon, string them together, will that be proof enough? Is 3 in a row good enough proof that ANYTHING is OP? Reason why I ask about 3 times specifically is because....

Lie repeated 3 times becomes truth.

Here's some video proof for all you "video proof aficionados".
  16. Vixxing

I play mainly NC now and i think: either nerf damage on ravens 25% or! Increase Fracture and Vortex damage with 50%
  17. TheBlindFreak

Well, it's one thing to just mention hard calculations or anecdotal evidence. It's another to have actual combat situations shown in video. And no, some kills cut together in sequence isn't the same as an objective video demonstrating the weapon's effectiveness. It would be disingenuous to imply that it is.

Also, having video evidence allows everyone discussing to be on the same reference point. Everything is relative. I could give you a written description of my experience with something, but what you picture based on my description may be different than what I perceived initially. And that's not even accounting for bias and exaggeration.

I honestly can't understand why you are trying to downplay video evidence.
  18. TheRunDown

Far as I'm aware, Ravens don't have the AV Mana turrent limitation..
    I.e the travel distance Nerf.. which I think it should have. or at leased, you should lose the Laser guidance after X meters..
    I just love getting hit by Ravens that are so far away, you're not even getting hit noises or effects..

But all seriousness, the Raven should have the same range limiation of the AV mana Turrent, it really does take the piss at long range and when there's more than one..
    • Up x 1
  19. Naphemil

I feel as though ravens need a little more time on that reload.... after playing nc today I was wrecking sundys on my own in a matter of maybe 30 seconds.... also they need to be less effective against infantry. That splash has gotten me many kills :D