Why do HA's need SMG access?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, May 4, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

I've been hearing complains about SMG heavies since SMG's were introduced.

Do you know how frustrating it is to see things in gameplay and hear the feedback from people on both sides and you can't do anything?
  2. NC supporter

This is the internet, you don't have educated discussions happen here.
    • Up x 1
  3. NC supporter

Its called change. Change happens and lines blur constantly. We see less and less games which restrict you to certain things while there are more that open up or just make it slightly better to play the supposed role but you can still play anything else to some extent. I can still do magic in skyrim even if my character is two handed weapon oriented.
  4. Scr1nRusher

If you actually payed attention to what I have been saying for years.........

I've been fighting against the HA getting nerfed the way people want it to get nerfed, because it would utterly break the game overtime due to balance repercussions that were caused.

I've been suggesting 3 really really simple nerfs to the HA that would nerf the classes flexability & power, while still keeping it a solid class & not breaking anything:

1) Removing 0.75 ADS off all LMG's that have it.

2) Removing SMG & common class pool shotguns(Shotguns that the HA,LA,medic & Engineer can use)/

3) Removing the ability for the ES G2A & G2G to be dumbfired.

Those 3 things are all it takes to nerf the HA's power, while not hurting the class & its role in the game.
  5. Scr1nRusher

Skyrim is a RPG.

Borderlands is a RPGFPS

Planetside 2 is a MMOFPS
  6. NC supporter

Another solution would be giving 0.75 ADS to all other classes except the max. I don't think restricting people in playstyles would be neat. I mean what heavy wouldn't bring a shotgun. We can just lower splash damage for the rocket launchers. It takes quite a bit of skill to kill something with that type of weapon on direct impact. The enemy should die if they ate a rocket. Another way to fix all of this is L2P. If there's a guy who's sniping people with rockets. Become an infiltrator, get someone else to kill him, or avoid him.
  7. NC supporter

Lol how is Skyrim a MMORPG. It isn't based on multiplayer bud. Tbh, your overthinking this. If you want a very selective experience than there are better titles like Insurgency. You can't control a game where its F2P and the people who are playing it right now are very casual gamers. They fourth faction and do stupid things. I doubt you'll be able to enforce rules on playstyles. Or do you want to risk another huge population drop as our main population base which consists of casuals, leaves. Sure there are the few tryhards from planetside but this is change. The demographic, rules, and ways to make money have changed and we all have to adapt. Maybe in 5 years or so, we'll be singing a different tune again. You honestly remind me of those people who campaigned tirelessly about removing gore from mortal kombat when it came out.
  8. Quikloc007

There's nothing wrong with HA. This game has very little balence issues. Are there things that are a pain to deal with, yes but that is what the faction team work is about. I bullet hose everyone when I play TR, I spanbex laser you to death when rolling VS. This game is on the back side of it's life span and players come here to gripe about pimples on a mole hill. Just be happy you can still frag on 4 servers. Gee whiz.
  9. Scr1nRusher

You really..... don't understand that the ES G2A & G2G lock ons are not supposed to be able to be dumbfired?

Theres 2 fire rates for All non ESSRL(Empire specific Special Rocket Launchers).

Singe shot. Which means dumbfire & cannot lock on

Lock on. Which means cannot be dumbfired, but can lock on.

Take a look ingame at some point.

Also the RL splash already got lowered, which ended up buffing MAX's,Supported MAX's,reparing Battle busses) & clusters of infantry. Essentially causing the MAX spam problems we now experience in every single major base fight.
  10. Scr1nRusher

Sigh.... you really ignored everything I said.
  11. Scr1nRusher

I see so many people viewing this, and only a few commenting. And the ones that are commenting are attacking me or the topic.

So for the other guys watching this........... speak up and grow some PPA projectiles.
  12. NC supporter

Yeah... I have been doing some mass effect 2 lately. Its far more polished btw! Ah the liberating feeling of a single player experience. Now about your topic, no one cares about your fire modes. Live outside the rules a little. There is no mandate requesting that we need fire modes. I mean for all we care, we could just have all guns have infinite ammo and be based on overheating mechanics! The TTK is high enough, where rarely any regular player dies with all ammo reserves gone. They can be dumbfired and they don't need to be dumbfired. I however, don't see anyone else complaining about this ingame or here besides you. If this was the horrible issue that it was, then we would see more people on forums or a significant population drop. This system has been working and no one besides you is complaining. Don't fix something that isn't broken.
  13. NC supporter

Expect to be ignored. You offered very curt responses earlier so I see no need for other's to be not curt. This is also the internet, and at least your not dealing with us on 4chan.
  14. Scr1nRusher

lol true,
  15. Scr1nRusher

But it is broken.

Those 2 RL for no extensive reason should be able to be dumbfired. It goes against the games own Balancing of RL types.
  16. NC supporter

Scr1n no need for puns. Just don't. Also nobody is attacking you, your just over-thinking about this game and our comments and do not know how casual this community is on forums and ingame.
  17. NC supporter

As far as I know this game was broken to being with. How do you maintain 50% of power for 3 factions. Mathematically impossible. Also there is no extensive reason but then again its a game so reasoning is invalid here. Its a casual game with a casual community. Also you can't bring in RL balance into the game as its a game. I doubt anyone would be having fun if we had one shot kills from all bullets since technically a bullet is enough to stop anyone except the max. Let go of the reason, and just enjoy the game like a casual. This is the main reason why you feel offended and we aren't agreeing with you. Your talking with the wrong people in the wrong place. Bring this to Insurgency, they will appreciate this drill sergeant talk.
  18. Scr1nRusher

I'm not over thinking.
  19. Scr1nRusher

Your not getting the point.
  20. NC supporter

Meh the fact that you think we are attacking you is enough to show your taking this way too seriously. This happens all the time on 4chan and on planetside 2 if you look hard enough. I've pretty much gotten to the point of telling you that no one cares about these "class restrictions", "fire mode imbalance", and supposed "Balance real life types".