[Suggestion] Outfit Island Bases

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sebastian oscar post, May 5, 2015.

1. sebastian oscar post

So I'd just got enlisted into the Australian New Conglomerate Rangers and I expected some big benefits other than exp boosts and coordinated ops on main bases, when i first got Planetside i was very excited about the clan (outfits) system and was hoping to contribute to a base of operations just like i did back with a huge clan (which i cannot remember the name of) in my old days of Runescape. now when i heard about Nexus i was thrilled and thought that this was one of many clan islands to come, until i saw the video. so no keeping to myself, this is what i have in mind:

OK so that's an example of what the island should kinda look like, so instead of an airstrip there could be an big outfit command centre in the middle with a conference room with an interactive hologram table, an air station, power plant, ammunition facility and many more which i dont have the time to list here right now!
    il get back to that.
  2. sebastian oscar post

ok im back
    so im guessing we could add a hall of fame in the spun (how do you spell it?) room, ah the occasional thunder storm, um outfit members barracks and maybe Daybreak could start a crowd-funding to make this possible? i know i would pay 15$ for something this awesome!
  3. Goldmonk

While this would be cool, it won't happen anytime soon. Pretty much what your asking for is individual islands for a large amount of outfits.
    • Up x 1
  4. Alan Kalane

YYYhhmm... Ever heard of instancing? The basic idea behind the Battle Islands was to create an instance in which two or more outfits can fight each other for some kind of ranking points
  5. Goldmonk

See, that I think can be done. What the OP is suggesting seems a little too much.
  6. Jake the Dog

I like it, I would like the outfit lead to be able to kinda organize the defense of it all with different bunkers and watnot, but as much as I would like it, its probably not gonna happen.
  7. Mezinov

Maybe in the year 2022, in the games last update (10 year plan? Anyone remember that?), it can be added as a new feature now that we have space and naval combat.

It would be nice if Planetside 2 was one giant "seamless" world, where you COULD use the warpgates to get from continent to continent quickly, or maybe to the moons, or the surface of that other planet chilling in the sky (200g gas giant combat anyone?) - or you could jump in your favorite boat, plane, train or automobile and go there.

Outfit islands could then pop into existence when an outfit met certain criteria (size? points earned? active members? money spent?) between the continents, or as space stations between planetary or orbital objectives, that the outfit can then "build on" (pay certs/money/blood sacrifices to Smed) and customize. Limits determined by black magic.

By default they would be single point bases automatically integrated into the lattice. Could be upgraded with more points and yadda. Game logic would make sure there were no inacessible cap points, and spawn rooms and cap points could have placement bubbles around them so they aren't exploited.

Then tie whatever Outfit benefits exist at this point in the game to owning your outfits island. Now you have given the outfit something to fight tooth and nail over, and to drive coordinated pushes to retake. Also Outfit on Outfit violence.

A man can dream.
    • Up x 2
  8. CursoryRaptor

This would be very cool, but it wouldn't work if DBG has any intention to implement any features that allow traveling/invading between continents without using the warpgates (i.e. sea and air travel).
    - Where would they put all of those islands?
    - How might they interfere with an invasion?
    - Should outfits of opposing factions be able to attack each other's islands, and if so, should they be able to capture opponents' islands?
    - Also, should an outfit be required to have a certain number of members before they are eligible to have their own island?
    - What should that number be?
    - If an outfit's membership falls below that number, do they lose access/ownership of their island?
    - If that happened, what would happen to the island itself? (Would it just become a ghost town? Would it disappear?)
  9. sebastian oscar post

all those ideas are very good, as to the invasion thing they could implement so that in a way the outfit could build and place buildings like power facility's, ship docks and vehicle spawns.
    • Up x 1
  10. CursoryRaptor

That part about docks got me thinking... what about outfit capital ships instead? Something big enough to support the aquisition of aircraft (and maybe ground vehicles, if it can have a ramp like a landing craft and a beach where it could be used). That could make for some good D-day style fights.
  11. sebastian oscar post

didn't you watch the vid?
  12. CursoryRaptor

lol Nope. If I watched every vid everybody posts, I wouldn't be able to my ignorant opinion on nearly as many threads. :p
  13. sebastian oscar post

ah well fine. i just wanted people to focus on the island in the vid.
  14. sebastian oscar post

(sigh) maybe you're right. maybe i shouldn't let my imagination cloud reality.